Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Page 666, if we don't argue here - I don't know where we will. :D

btw, on topic, I'm still doing it, around once per month + oral min, didn't lose any ground, but still didn't see huge results, except on the part near the eyebrows, but that doesnt really count.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
666 pages! Damn. We all have our hair back? Some of you guys must have pony tails too by now? ;) Maybe it is time to update my old photo results thread.

I haven't been needling for over a year.. just been using Minoxidil. Probably lost a little ground, but am considering starting back up again. I quit when the summer months came around in 2019... I didn't want to have sun exposure while needling, but then just never started up again in the fall.

Looks like there's still the outlier cases who see exemplary results popping up which is good to see.

Koolbite

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey new poster here,

One guy that has a dietetic/healthy way of life channel on youtube was asked was his opinion was about dermarolling (in this case it was not for hair but just for skin apperance and the one asking had good results).

He answered that it was not really his field and that he wasn't the best one to answer but that, from his perspective, he wouldn't use it cause although the concept made sense to him, skin cells had a limited number of lives and that the process of rejenerating them constantly was like emtying the reservoir of lives you have before its time. And people doing that were exposing themselves to have their skin suddenly ageing faster at some point.

Has that issue been raised or observed around here ? Sorry i haven't surf through the whole thread, it's too long now

I'm currently on dutasteride (plus Nizoral and essential oils) but it's killing my fertility and i'm looking for something to add to my regimen when i switch back to finasteride

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey new poster here,

One guy that has a dietetic/healthy way of life channel on youtube was asked was his opinion was about dermarolling (in this case it was not for hair but just for skin apperance and the one asking had good results).

He answered that it was not really his field and that he wasn't the best one to answer but that, from his perspective, he wouldn't use it cause although the concept made sense to him, skin cells had a limited number of lives and that the process of rejenerating them constantly was like emtying the reservoir of lives you have before its time. And people doing that were exposing themselves to have their skin suddenly ageing faster at some point.

Has that issue been raised or observed around here ? Sorry i haven't surf through the whole thread, it's too long now

I'm currently on dutasteride (plus Nizoral and essential oils) but it's killing my fertility and i'm looking for something to add to my regimen when i switch back to finasteride

He's confused about the Hayflick limit. It doesn't apply here.

rcom440

Reaction score
from his perspective, he wouldn't use it cause although the concept made sense to him, skin cells had a limited number of lives and that the process of rejenerating them constantly was like emtying the reservoir of lives you have before its time. And people doing that were exposing themselves to have their skin suddenly ageing faster at some point.

Complete nonsense.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another 30 minutes with the D2 at 1.5mm. It would be so much easier to swallow some CPA and estradiol every day.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
First pic 28/07/20 after my first session with a Derminator 2.

2nd pic 01/09/20.

So just over a month in and looks like I'm getting some growth there?

Regimen is:

Derminator 2 @full speed / 1mm every 2 weeks.

Wait a week and then dermaroll 3 times that week (every other day) at 1mm.

minoxidil foam mornings / liquid evenings.

Avoiding minoxidil for 24 hours after needling as tried it about 8 hours after and did not feel good / fluttery heart etc.

After rolling I apply immediately after with no sides.

Also taking Dutasteride daily. This may be slightly skewing the results as I'd been on it for years, then came off for 4 months, had a massive shed, then started again at the same time as rolling / needling.

However dutasteride in the past has thickened my existing hair and maybe marginally grown a small amount of new... So I can't say what is needling and what is dutasteride, but I'd attribute most of the growth there to needling / rolling (but I'm adding the caveat that dutasteride may be partially responsible too).

I'll do pics of this area, the other side of my hairline and bald spot at the crown in a couple of months, this was just me being curious about if I'd seen any growth yet on my worst side of the hairline, pretty confident to say that I have.

*Excuse the scalp, needled yesterday!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200901-154134_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200901-154134_Gallery.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 587
  • 20200901_154534.jpg
    20200901_154534.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually after looking at my pics again I think I'm not pulling my hair quite in the same direction and also maybe not as forceful, so some of that hair is actually just from my existing hair line spilling on to the bald area... I've done the shot again and zoomed in on both to show the area better. Cursing myself for not getting a more in focus initial image but hey ho... I'd say the results aren't as impressive as I first thought, but there's definitely a few new hairs there, most exciting is that I can see a lot of hair under the skin that looks like it'll start popping through before long!

Attachments

• 20200729_093430.jpg
    20200729_093430.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 20200902_090106.jpg
    20200902_090106.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 366

ErikW

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Rogaine can make your tinnitus worse? Anybody here who experiences tinnitus after using Rogaine?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool thanks man. I will re-read that thread very closely. The above dude says the Dr. Pen is 'made' to be used in circular motions, that kinda confused me. Think I'll just copy this dude

That's me in the video and I'm the guy in the photo on the first post in this thread. I've gone back to using a dermaroller instead of the pen. My initial results were with the roller and, although it might seem that an electronic device would speed things up, I find I save time using the roller.

That being said, I've found it hard to maintain discipline. I'm good at applying minoxidil but I can hardly ever be bothered microneedling anymore.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He wouldn’t be to regrow anything close to that in 3 months. Results like that would take a year or so.

I had pretty good results after 3 or 4 months. The majority of my gains were in the first 4 months, I think.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

jazz1

Reaction score

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm about 4 weeks in now. Little baby hairs growing in my corners, but that may be due to the minoxidil.

I took pics at a number 4 haircut, both wet and dry hair before I started. I'll mimic the conditions at the 4-6 month point. Although I did take all the pics with flash on.. that may have been a mistake looking back.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's me in the video and I'm the guy in the photo on the first post in this thread. I've gone back to using a dermaroller instead of the pen. My initial results were with the roller and, although it might seem that an electronic device would speed things up, I find I save time using the roller.

That being said, I've found it hard to maintain discipline. I'm good at applying minoxidil but I can hardly ever be bothered microneedling anymore.

I find using Dr Pen a whole lot more convenient than the roller, I got lazy using the roller. Do you still advise to use 2.0MM length when needling? Most people here are using 1.5 or 1.0

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First time in about 8 years have new hairs on my hairline pop up. There vellus though. I have a microscope camera and little hairs are appearing all over the place. Im daily rolling 0.5mm. I was away for a week with no roller so used my pen at 1.0mm before I left and continued rolling when I got home.