Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea, it's a shame. He made the right call to get a hair transplant. But that's all from just going from applying minoxidil twice a day, to once? Just surprises me I guess.

Is that what he says? That that's the only thing that changed?

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt that's all of it. He should've also jumped on dutasteride when he started losing again

I'm thinking about making the jump from finasteride to dutasteride depending on how the next few months turn out. Wish I could just get it from my keeps subscription.
Is that what he says? That that's the only thing that changed?

He mentions in the reddit thread he changed two things: minoxidil twice a day, to once a day. And needling once a week, to every other week.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible to not have a massive shed on minoxidil if your daily shed is already low on anti androgen?

I really wanna restart minoxidil and combine it with microneedlng but I’m worried about the potential dread sheds so much it actually makes me feel sick (last time I shedded about 200 hair for 3-4 weeks but that was when minoxidil was the first treatment I tried without spironolactone.)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible to not have a massive shed on minoxidil if your daily shed is already low on anti androgen?

I really wanna restart minoxidil and combine it with microneedlng but I’m worried about the potential dread sheds so much it actually makes me feel sick (last time I shedded about 200 hair for 3-4 weeks but that was when minoxidil was the first treatment I tried without spironolactone.)

The shed just means it's working. Also, anti-androgens can sometimes backfire for females. I assume you're a cis woman since you're not on HRT. FPHL pathogenesis is a little different from male pattern baldness, and not as well studied. Testosterone injections can actually improve hair growth for some women. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3380548/ You should get your levels tested to see if your androgens are low. Ideally androgens should be in the normal female range, not below.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The shed just means it's working. Also, anti-androgens can sometimes backfire for females. I assume you're a cis woman since you're not on HRT. FPHL pathogenesis is a little different from male pattern baldness, and not as well studied. Testosterone injections can actually improve hair growth for some women. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3380548/ You should get your levels tested to see if your androgens are low. Ideally androgens should be in the normal female range, not below.

But spironolactone kept my sheds to a minimum. My hair just don’t seem to grow anymore. Hence I wanna try minoxidil again but this time combined with spironolactone and microneedling.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
But spironolactone kept my sheds to a minimum. My hair just don’t seem to grow anymore. Hence I wanna try minoxidil again but this time combined with spironolactone and microneedling.

Testosterone induces cell proliferation everywhere but on the top of the head. It also does not inhibit proliferation in scalp hair until it reaches a certain level. A small amount of T may be necessary for proper hair growth in males and females. It could be that if your T is less than 10 ng/dL your hair won't grow as well. Just something to think about, if your hair wasn't shedding or growing on spironolactone that means your T wasn't too high, but it could still have been too low.
https://academic.oup.com/endo/article/138/1/356/2987722

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Samantha, I (re)started minoxidil in early June (and microneedling in early July), and I did go through a shed during July, which freaked me out, but I feel that now it has stopped. I have noticed some new and stronger hairs at my hairline (first picture early June, second one last week - my hair is the same length in both pictures), and the texture of my hair seems a bit better.

I am also on a low dose of spironolactone (50mg daily) and dutasteride (0.50mg every other day since July). My hormone levels are perfectly normal for a woman.

Attachments

• 9DA46EC3-B3CA-49AA-B215-5499F79B8E04.jpeg
    9DA46EC3-B3CA-49AA-B215-5499F79B8E04.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 4164F71A-6C1E-4671-9211-0FA85BC0504F.jpeg
    4164F71A-6C1E-4671-9211-0FA85BC0504F.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 275

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dark circles and wrinkles on forehead.. nothing is ever as simple

You don't even know what age he is yet blame his forehead lines on minoxidil? I had forehead lines by my early twenties, needled them away in the span of 6 months but this was long before i started losing hair and used minoxidil etc Some people just get unlucky.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't even know what age he is yet blame his forehead lines on minoxidil? I had forehead lines by my early twenties, needled them away in the span of 6 months but this was long before i started losing hair and used minoxidil etc Some people just get unlucky.
Any pics of your pre and post lines? I’m interested cause I need to get rid of mine

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dark circles and wrinkles on forehead.. nothing is ever as simple
I've had forehead lines since I was a teenager, some people just have them when raising eyebrows. You can't see what it's like when relaxed because he's got them raised in his pictures, and there's no before /after for it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is amazing, almost unbelievable.

Re: forehead lines - clearly the guy is raising his eyebrows, anyone would have lines if you do that.

It is unbelievable. He's using fibers

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is unbelievable. He's using fibers

That is honestly the hardest part about taking other people's results to figure out a routine... anyone with a little hair on top can have a full head with concealers.

I have pretty advanced diffuse thinning, yet people compliment how thick my hair is to the point of it being very uncomfortable due to using concealers.

People that lie about results are just hurting the community.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen your pictures with concealer, and it's amazing. I tried using dermmatch last week, but it didn't work for me. I didn't have the patience to apply it everywhere, but it didn't look good up close. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing.

Dermmatch is very tricky to get right. When I first bought it I tried it for a week and each time washed it out because it looked chalky and fake. It took a lot of playing around to figure out how to make it look good... I wasted about half of my first disc just figuring it out.

If you use too much it looks bad. If you apply it too wet it looks bad.

Game changers for me were applying it dry and then making it slightly wet by patting it with a slightly wet applicator and using a blow dryer. The annoying part is that a new disc won't really go on dry, the disc needs to be somewhat broken in first.

With your current regrowth you should have perfect looking results with concealers. Your post inspired me to look into topical dutasteride.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll have to try it again. You're right, it was impossible to get it out dry, I had to wet it way too much. Is there anything else you can recommend that is easier and less time consuming to apply? I like the idea of dermmatch because it supposedly doesn't rub off on a girl's hands.

I put water in the disc itself, just a few drops, whenever I get a new disc. It helps soften it up a bit. My whole application process is down to about 10 to 15 minutes now and it doesn't come off on my hands or look bad if it gets wet. I live near Orlando Florida and go to Universal pretty often, I couldn't imagine riding anything with fibers, but with dermmatch I can ride anything, even water rides.

The only other thing I'd suggest is SMP or microblading. That should give similar results, but more expensive.