Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It shouldn't

Molecular Weight: 289.31 g/mol

What makes you say that?
just a thought

https://www.karger.com/article/FullText/488011

"Studies in vitro with MXS proved that its efficacy is 14 times higher than MX base [4]. However, MXS has a molecular weight of 289.3 g/mol, while MX has 209.3 g/mol, a difference of nearly 40% [6]. As molecular weight is a determinant factor for the degree of transcutaneous penetration, this may present a problem for absorption of topical MXS compared to topical MX [6, 7]."

so im led to think dermarolling is particularly effective with minoxidil sulfate

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the same article you linked two paragraphs down:
However, in addition to the issue of its higher molecular weight, MXS is naturally unstable in aqueous solution, negatively affecting its bioavailability to the hair follicle and increasing its irritation potential to the scalp. Therefore, efficacy of MXS compared to MX base for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia may be impaired, and the same efficacy may not be expected as in the original clinical trials with MX base.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the same article you linked two paragraphs down:
However, in addition to the issue of its higher molecular weight, MXS is naturally unstable in aqueous solution, negatively affecting its bioavailability to the hair follicle and increasing its irritation potential to the scalp. Therefore, efficacy of MXS compared to MX base for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia may be impaired, and the same efficacy may not be expected as in the original clinical trials with MX base.
i dont want to convince you at all, i was just reporting a study, other than users opinions here

rcom440

Reaction score
Microneedling really does something, not sure whether it is enough to combat in a meaningful way or not. I shed almost a 100 hairs a day but with microneedling the shedding almost completely stops for one day or two after the procedure and then keeps on going as normal. I guess that's worth something though.

In my case shedding pretty much stops for a 3 days after dermarolling with 1.5mm. I don’t think I shed 100 a day. There is definitely something happening now as I see some regrow on my hairline nothing major but it’s a good sign for 2.5 months of dermarolling every 2 weeks. I had quite big shed that slowed down a week ago so I think I will have a nice regrow soon.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case shedding pretty much stops for a 3 days after dermarolling with 1.5mm. I don’t think I shed 100 a day. There is definitely something happening now as I see some regrow on my hairline nothing major but it’s a good sign for 2.5 months of dermarolling every 2 weeks. I had quite big shed that slowed down a week ago so I think I will have a nice regrow soon.

You two are ridiculous

theGloriousFollicle

My Regimen
Reaction score

HappygoluckyCheapAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone post me the comparison post of the Dr Pen Ultima 6 vs Derminator 2 ? I know this post was around here ..maybe 1 year ago.. i ask this because this post mentioned the needle depth of the ultima vs derminator.. on of them needs to be set deeper to get the same depth.

Since I have my new needles, I have the feeling that they do not work properly and the needle length does not match to the depth of the pen.

joni106

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So to all who do microneedling once a week / two weeks / month,
do you use something topically right after the wounding?
i use castor oil+emu oil. I started 1 moneth ago.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So to all who do microneedling once a week / two weeks / month,
do you use something topically right after the wounding?
i use castor oil+emu oil. I started 1 moneth ago.
castor oil is too big to through your scalp.
Now I am thinking about zine ricinoleic acid.

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @Ludachris Batbak,

you were one of the good responders - what is your situation now?
Would you mind updating with new pics? Thanks

The reply to gour Qs are below.
Good luck...

A6 Vs D2

Hey guys, can someone post me the comparison post of the Dr Pen Ultima 6 vs Derminator 2 ?

I owned both and did the mini review that I believe you are referring to:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-studies-and-such.119653/page-13#post-1777669

i ask this because this post mentioned the needle depth of the ultima vs derminator.. on of them needs to be set deeper to get the same depth.

This only happens if you use A6 cartridges on the D2 or vice-versa -
if you use the originals, it does not apply.

Since I have my new needles, I have the feeling that they do not work properly and the needle length does not match to the depth of the pen.

You can verify the A6 unloaded needling depth as follows:
while it's running, the needles working stroke is visible under a (very) bright (flash)light -
just measure their protruding length from the plastic protector with a caliper / mm paper.

Due to damped-oscillation principles, the skin penetration will be a bit less for sure,
but it's very hard to tell by how much...

Last edited:

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody have a personal theory as to why dermarolling every other day is working better for me compared to one a week or biweekly?

Is it just over-absorption of minoxidil?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are keyboard challenged.

Zinc ricinoleate is the zinc salt of ricinoleic acid which is obtained from castor oil.