Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A month and 10 days aprox dermarrolling 2mm almost every night before applyng Minoxidil and once every 5 days after shower pressing very hard and also scalp massages. Pretty happy so far, I'm 100% positive I am seing thickening in the hairline and overall, besides my hair lost all its greasyness. It's soon to judge but I am feeling way better that when I only did 1.5mm every 5 days.
One thing to consider that scares me: I stopped finasteride a bit over a month ago because of sides (feeling way better now), I don't think I was a good responder because I was almost 3 years on it and still recede (maybe a bit less shedding I don't know) so let' see how that goes in the next months

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really feel that microneedling every day is better than once a week or two weeks. Some people consider it dangerous but I have no complaints the pain doesnt last long and my scalp feels good. Nuking your hormones is way more dangerous to me

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Follica patent shows to needle every two weeks though, check it out.
That’s true but needling at a low amount daily helps absorption. The once every other week is more for long lengths and callogen and all that

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, but who knows why they went that route, it could be for precaution reasons. But yeah certainly 2mm every night is to harsh I will get a 1mm as soon as I can

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but since its not possibile to replicate the "number of holes " of follica study in home session, someone thinks that daily rolling can in the long run get similar results
For sure we cant compare 1,5 biweekly rolling to follica study

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True the density of needles was very high in the Follica patent.

Don't know if daily rolling will have the same effects but it does seem to help quite a lot of people who took this approach in their regimen.
Dont know either
till follica is out
Homemade solutions are just hypotheses, all of them

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people should experiment a bit, i know follica have put a lot of money in to seeing what the best approach to needling was but we have people like chen who were rolling twice a day at 1mm and getting great results.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about using natural DHT inhibitors (Pygeum and nettle) in addition to topical minoxidil and dermarolling? I totally uinderstand that the natural approach as a stand alone treatment is not worth it, but may be in combination with this method might be helpful. Comments?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will continue to follow @Jamesdunn 's regimen , the pioneer on these forums for top tier regrowth results

1.5mm Dermaroller once a week HARD (draw small amounts of blood) , with 0.5% Sandalore mixed into minoxidil

fran15

Reaction score
I will continue to follow @Jamesdunn 's regimen , the pioneer on these forums for top tier regrowth results

1.5mm Dermaroller once a week HARD (draw small amounts of blood) , with 0.5% Sandalore mixed into minoxidil

Has this regime worked for you at all? I'm thinking of adding 0.5% Sandalore mixed into Garnier Stemoxydine along with my RU. I already use minoxidil foam and have been microneedling for over a year - really hoping I might get as good results as James did by adding the Sandalore.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, but who knows why they went that route, it could be for precaution reasons. But yeah certainly 2mm every night is to harsh I will get a 1mm as soon as I can

Lol, how about you try a needling session on a scalp which is full of blood and crusts from the previous needling session! Surprised if you don't cause permanent scarring and/or infections!

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, how about you try a needling session on a scalp which is full of blood and crusts from the previous needling session! Surprised if you don't cause permanent scarring and/or infections!
The minimal scarring I have (a few small brown points when I press too hard) are gone 8 hours later. But again, I know right now I'm being too harsh and I will change that

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know to clean scalp from propylene glycol after minoxidil ? i think this thin layer of propyleneglycol may worsen minoxidil absorbtion, so every day i strip off this layer with my fingers(nails), but im tired

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know to clean scalp from propylene glycol after minoxidil ? i think this thin layer of propyleneglycol may worsen minoxidil absorbtion, so every day i strip off this layer with my fingers(nails), but im tired

Any sort of shampoo should be sufficient, to really clean your hair and scalp i recommend osmo clarifying shampoo, it's really harsh though so be sure to conditioner afterwards.

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sort of shampoo should be sufficient, to really clean your hair and scalp i recommend osmo clarifying shampoo, it's really harsh though so be sure to conditioner afterwards.
propylene should be disolved to be washed or not? so shampoo is enough ?

Ramsey A.

My Regimen
Reaction score
After a month and a week of dr pen+minoxidil I see a lot of new hairs in the areas where I was bald ..but they are all thin compare to my old hair ...will the new hairs eventually match the thickness of my old hair ?

Satchel

My Regimen
Reaction score
The following study involves mice but might shed some light on the answer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4054871/

In regards to hair follicle neogenesis; the triggering of the hair follicle formation doesn't appear to happen until 10-14 days after wounding. And that is in mice. Perhaps they are trying to time the re-wounding during the window that the stem cells need the additional signaling? Their ultimate goal is to program the generic stem cells sent out during epidermis healing into what they need to be for follicle development.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has this regime worked for you at all? I'm thinking of adding 0.5% Sandalore mixed into Garnier Stemoxydine along with my RU. I already use minoxidil foam and have been microneedling for over a year - really hoping I might get as good results as James did by adding the Sandalore.

Yes I think so, I posted some pics a couple pages back. It's all still trial & error. though until I see evidence of something better I'll continue to follow it

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've completely dropped microneedling. Ik sick of my scalp peeling every day and I was starting to lose ground. What I've noticed is sandalore was playing a big part in my regrowth but adding it to my minoxidil bottle was the wrong idea. After a few weeks the sandalore wouldn't be as effective maybe it was the ethanol over time making it ineffective. I've been making good progress lately mixing my sandlore with my minoxidil just before applying it. Will update a photo soon