Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t, what a rollercoaster ride

How can you lose all your gains so quickly??!

Also lol at the people who think dermaneedling is doing the heavy lifting, this guy is proof it's entirely contingent on minoxidil and is useless without
yes, once you start treatment you shouldnt stop it, it was my mistake
derma pen, minoxidil and keto, most important things
but im not scared, i still have hair, i just need to make it thicker, but i have only 2 bottles of min0x ((

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it worthless to dermaroll if you aren’t using minoxidil. I’m using zix and I’m starting CB soon (topical anti androgens) would needling once a week at 1.5mm do nothing for absorption, regrowth, and better effects? Should I do it daily with a lower mm instead (.25 or .5)?
Can anyone answer this question for me? Is .25mm the best for daily use if i'm trying to increase absorption? (I already use 1.5mm once a week)

Last edited:

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im back again
i became lazy and stoped my treatment for 2 months, and i lost all my hair pretty quick :D :D
Now i will start new experimental treatmen - only 1ml per day for whole scalp (i have NW7 pattern) Derma Pen for sure, and ketokonazole, and ill show mu results after 6 months with weekly updates
but i lost my job (covid quarantine) and dont have money for minoxidil :D if someone can help me go pm, for science :)!
this is how my fair looks now, exactly as it was before my first treatment
https://imgur.com/a/xgAK3Uc

Hey dude. I just got back to this thread just this week too. I had good result with my full regimen including minoxidil but sides from it especially my skin would look really ugly. So after 6 months I was happy with my results and decided to stop minoxidil and replace it with zix hoping I will be able to maintain my gains but unfortunately no. I've lost about 70% of my density.

Now I'm back using my regimen that gave me the gains except this time I dilute minoxidil to make it less strong and only apply .5ml each time.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude. I just got back to this thread just this week too. I had good result with my full regimen including minoxidil but sides from it especially my skin would look really ugly. So after 6 months I was happy with my results and decided to stop minoxidil and replace it with zix hoping I will be able to maintain my gains but unfortunately no. I've lost about 70% of my density.

Now I'm back using my regimen that gave me the gains except this time I dilute minoxidil to make it less strong and only apply .5ml each time.
Anytime you stop minoxidil you lose gains even with dutasteride or finasteride. Zix could maintained your non minoxidil hair

rcom440

Reaction score
Can anyone answer this question for me? Is .25mm the best for daily use if i'm trying to increase absorption? (I already use 1.5mm once a week)

I wouldn't want to overdoe it. 1.5mm once a week is fine but dont press too hard on your scalp. .25mm is fine for daily use. Also, give your scalp a rest too every a couple of weeks skip a week or two so it will fully heal.

Ramsey A.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys quick question ,will the hair provided by minoxidil effect eventually get thicker ,I see great results after a month of dr pen+minoxidil but I was just wondering if the thin hair will eventually get thicker like the rest of my hair ?

HDeJong

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my second post on this forum. Read a lot here but dont post. Ive started using minoxidil about a year and a half ago. Used it once a day for about a year. Didnt notice any regrowth but felt like it gave some stability. Stopped using it due to vacation (4 weeks in Spain with friends). Didnt really get back into it. After a month or 2 I started to lose a lot of hair. So I went back into minoxidil. My temples really started to show and I decided to start microneedling. It has been a month now and ive been using minoxidil once day and microneedle once every week at 1mm. The hairloss is still there, even worse than before. I lose hundreds of hair everyday the last 2 weeks. Could this be a heavy shed or is minoxidil just not for me?

fran15

Reaction score
Has anyone had no/minimal results microneedling with minoxidil once a day, then had results when they switched to twice a day? Wondering whether it might be worth a try...

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just shaved my head for the first time in my life and I realized how easy it is with lighting to make your hair look different. One of these has light straight on my head and wet and the other has it differently. Btw I’ve never seen any crown thinning (I think) just receding hairline. I’ll put l pictures of my scalp before I shaved it on here to show you. This makes all gains pictures seem so easy to fake. I took these all tonight. I’ve seen guys with full heads of hair look balding under light with a buzz but I’ve also seen balding guys too so idk. Which leads me to my question, do I have diffuse thinning or is it just lighting and a buzz cut?

Attachments

• DCD0D04F-1541-44CD-8342-9E28247A3206.jpeg
    DCD0D04F-1541-44CD-8342-9E28247A3206.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 511
  • 82C730E8-D6A3-4A74-A853-8E7257F8B1B3.jpeg
    82C730E8-D6A3-4A74-A853-8E7257F8B1B3.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 544
  • 60F911F2-C331-4299-A47E-8B499D710FC0.jpeg
    60F911F2-C331-4299-A47E-8B499D710FC0.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 504
  • DC21A8F4-2119-472A-8BAC-D8E45FEA24BC.jpeg
    DC21A8F4-2119-472A-8BAC-D8E45FEA24BC.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 505
  • 144D3F68-4A05-4582-9871-902CFFD3AF39.jpeg
    144D3F68-4A05-4582-9871-902CFFD3AF39.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 490
  • 347173AC-728D-4D66-A811-A784DB46029C.jpeg
    347173AC-728D-4D66-A811-A784DB46029C.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 479
  • 2DDCDE0F-A5C2-48E3-A4E4-AD9782524341.jpeg
    2DDCDE0F-A5C2-48E3-A4E4-AD9782524341.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 470
  • B7895538-64F4-4988-B0EA-B9B1BFADD1DA.jpeg
    B7895538-64F4-4988-B0EA-B9B1BFADD1DA.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 459
  • 9E33DAA2-AB50-4789-875F-E070221DAF2A.jpeg
    9E33DAA2-AB50-4789-875F-E070221DAF2A.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 508
  • 6FEEAAD2-F047-4CA3-B78E-A2CDC5BE7A3F.jpeg
    6FEEAAD2-F047-4CA3-B78E-A2CDC5BE7A3F.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just shaved my head for the first time in my life and I realized how easy it is with lighting to make your hair look different. One of these has light straight on my head and wet and the other has it differently. Btw I’ve never seen any crown thinning (I think) just receding hairline. I’ll put l pictures of my scalp before I shaved it on here to show you. This makes all gains pictures seem so easy to fake. I took these all tonight. I’ve seen guys with full heads of hair look balding under light with a buzz but I’ve also seen balding guys too so idk. Which leads me to my question, do I have diffuse thinning or is it just lighting and a buzz cut?

The buzzcut looks great! But im wondering if you even have male pattern hairloss? To me it looks like scalp pics is nothing but bad light.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Legit don't think you're thinning at all. How did you end up on this board haha

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8 month daily rolling update

Technique: @chen 's daily mild rolling method
(I also used to hard roll every weekend using 2 mm, but I dropped it around 1 month ago. It was too much pain and there seemed to be no additional benefits. 1mm daily rolling alone seemed to do a good job for me so I dropped weekly hard rolling)

Equipment: 1mm dermaroller - 10 mins daily

Result: If keep my hair short - navy cut (20mm - 30mm length), then nobody can tell I am balding. I had massive diffuse loss similar to @arromanus and my head is filled with tiny hairs now.

My biggest regret so far is getting a hair transplant 2 years ago. The surgeon over harvested my donor and designed a terrible hairline. If I had not got a transplant I could literally room around with short hair and nobody would be able to tell I am balding.
Note - If I grow my hair out long, the balding is apparent because the new vellus hair can only grow to a certain length.

I am too lazy to post progress pictures right now (and also worried about my privacy), but I'll consider posting at 1 year mark.
If you want to get an idea of my progress you can check @arromanus 's before and after pics. My hairloss is very similar.

Edit -
Other medicines that I take are listed below.
minoxidil since 4 years - No major improvement. Hair grew back and then fell out shortly after.

finasteride for 2 years then switched to dutasteride.
dutasteride didn't regrow any hair either. After 1 year of no results on dutasteride, I started the daily rolling regimen this year.

So far, I can confidently conclude that daily rolling has had the most impact on my hair growth. This is personal however. Results my differ for other people.

4 months after my previous update. Lost significant gains after switching from minoxidil 10% to minoxidil 5%.
Also stopped rolling out of laziness and lack of clinical spirit to clean the roller.
While dermarolling helps, it looks like minoxidil is a crucial part of the hair growth magic. Dermarolling alone probably won't produce any significant results but I could be wrong.
So, basically I look like bald norwood 7 oldie now. As soon the lockdown stops, I'll resume rolling.
But I am not sure if my hair will go back to previous state.

Reading through the updates of @arromanus and @jay kim , it seems like 2020 is a bad year for us balding bros. Lol!

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While dermarolling helps, it looks like minoxidil is a crucial part of the hair growth magic. Dermarolling alone probably won't produce any significant results but I could be wrong.

As a Derminator2 user, the hardest part is knowing when to stop. You'll want to needle long enough effect, but on the other hand, if you needle too long, you'll cause heavy crusts which will probably block the minoxidil from absorbing.