Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my almost 2 months update. So I've been dermarolling with a 1.0mm roller 3x a week. I'm also using minoxidil once a day and I'll use it right after rolling.

Visually I don't look any different, but I have a ton of vellus hairs all over and even in places where I used to be slick bald (my temples). Now I had a lot of vellus hairs before, but I seem to be getting new ones and I have more that are longer and thicker (maybe 1/2 an inch long). They are all still blonde though so I don't really consider it a success.

If the hairs start getting darker within the next 2 months I'll report back. I'm considering either adding wounding back into my routine (once a week or once every two weeks) or trying Chen's regime. I wouldn't mind rolling daily, but I only shampoo a couple of times a week and I wouldn't want to go back to doing that daily. Is anyone else here doing once or twice daily?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my almost 2 months update. So I've been dermarolling with a 1.0mm roller 3x a week. I'm also using minoxidil once a day and I'll use it right after rolling.

Visually I don't look any different, but I have a ton of vellus hairs all over and even in places where I used to be slick bald (my temples). Now I had a lot of vellus hairs before, but I seem to be getting new ones and I have more that are longer and thicker (maybe 1/2 an inch long). They are all still blonde though so I don't really consider it a success.

If the hairs start getting darker within the next 2 months I'll report back. I'm considering either adding wounding back into my routine (once a week or once every two weeks) or trying Chen's regime. I wouldn't mind rolling daily, but I only shampoo a couple of times a week and I wouldn't want to go back to doing that daily. Is anyone else here doing once or twice daily?
I am still doing this daily. I have mild results (vellus hairs) in my hairline and my midscalp seems to be thicker, but I see zero results in my crown, which is my worst area.

I've been needling for more than a year (weekly, just 6 months daily) and sadly I am not satisfied. But I will go on. Maybe I naively allowed people of this forum to set high expectations on me, even though I knew this thing's effect is simply too mild to cause a cosmetic effect, except in a very small minority of Hyper responders or minoxidil newbies.

Anyway, I will stick to this for more years and report back

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't needled with 1,5mm in like a month. Been doing daily light needling since then, but was going to do it today. Anyway, I have sh*t ton of flaking now. It's never been this much. I mean daily light needling with 0.5mm shouldn't be causing this right?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haven't needled with 1,5mm in like a month. Been doing daily light needling since then, but was going to do it today. Anyway, I have sh*t ton of flaking now. It's never been this much. I mean daily light needling with 0.5mm shouldn't be causing this right?

minoxidil give me flaking !

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am still doing this daily. I have mild results (vellus hairs) in my hairline and my midscalp seems to be thicker, but I see zero results in my crown, which is my worst area.

I've been needling for more than a year (weekly, just 6 months daily) and sadly I am not satisfied. But I will go on. Maybe I naively allowed people of this forum to set high expectations on me, even though I knew this thing's effect is simply too mild to cause a cosmetic effect, except in a very small minority of Hyper responders or minoxidil newbies.

Anyway, I will stick to this for more years and report back

It seems like a lot of treatments gives me vellus hairs, but I haven't found anything that makes them go terminal. I have been needling for more than a year as well. I've done 1.5mm weekly and minoxidil twice daily and only got some vellus hairs on my hairline. My dandruff was horrible though so I only use minoxidil once daily now.

Hopefully you get some sort of results soon. I know Chen had pretty good results, but he had been needling twice daily for 2 years. So I'm wondering if more people will get long term results. Maybe the longer you've been losing your hair the more effort you need to put in to get it back? I've wondered if I started needling / treatment years earlier if my results would have been better.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of treatments gives me vellus hairs, but I haven't found anything that makes them go terminal. I have been needling for more than a year as well. I've done 1.5mm weekly and minoxidil twice daily and only got some vellus hairs on my hairline. My dandruff was horrible though so I only use minoxidil once daily now.

Hopefully you get some sort of results soon. I know Chen had pretty good results, but he had been needling twice daily for 2 years. So I'm wondering if more people will get long term results. Maybe the longer you've been losing your hair the more effort you need to put in to get it back? I've wondered if I started needling / treatment years earlier if my results would have been better.
Yeah, the earlier the better. The longer you wait the more damage the hair follicles receive.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Left: Jan 7, Right: Jan 31

I do feel like I'm getting some results. Massaging twice a day, minoxidil twice a day, dermantor .5mm daily, .5mg finasteride daily, and red light now and then.

Attachments

• photostudio_1580532977873.jpg
    photostudio_1580532977873.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 853
Last edited:

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys has any of you checked the maths on your needling 200cm2 of scalp needs 320000 0.8mm needle strikes i thought i had needled/wounded for a year but turns out i never needled/wounded at all , till 4 days ago and even then im not sure i did enough also i have massive head i probably need 400000 if i go beyond my hair line

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To make it easy, how many seconds per cm2 do you need if you want to follow the follica protocol, if that makes any sense? I am using the a6 pen at highest speed.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To make it easy, how many seconds per cm2 do you need if you want to follow the follica protocol, if that makes any sense? I am using the a6 pen at highest speed.
This is a question i would like a answer to too the d2 is 25hz so would need to be around 4mm per second the a6 clams 8000rpm which is 133hz so would need to move at around 22mm per second. people would be accidentally doing the a6 correct on mass so either its not rpm as fast as claimed or going too deep cancels all gains or its all bullshit or im missing something.

Last edited:

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slightly different angle and lighting, but it appears you're getting minor improvement already. Keep us posted. I'm very interested in daily .5mm needling. You are keeping your growth factors at very high levels when needling daily.

This isn't my first update, I think I have improved even more from the previous post. Anyway, now that the Follica protocol has been established, I'm going to do a similar thing but with a few modifications.

I'm going to do .75mm hard once every other week and aim for the density they describe, which unfortunately is going to take me like 30 minutes to complete but we will see. I won't wound the day after, and I will then only lightly wound at either .25mm or .5mm throughout the week for absorption, but nothing too major.

The reason I think it's good to wound lightly is because Follica can't possibly have patients every single day, so their protocol has to be realistic and they know that the inconvenience of daily visits to the clinic are a no go. So they don't mention anything about light wounding in between their treatments.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This isn't my first update, I think I have improved even more from the previous post. Anyway, now that the Follica protocol has been established, I'm going to do a similar thing but with a few modifications.

I'm going to do .75mm hard once every other week and aim for the density they describe, which unfortunately is going to take me like 30 minutes to complete but we will see. I won't wound the day after, and I will then only lightly wound at either .25mm or .5mm throughout the week for absorption, but nothing too major.

The reason I think it's good to wound lightly is because Follica can't possibly have patients every single day, so their protocol has to be realistic and they know that the inconvenience of daily visits to the clinic are a no go. So they don't mention anything about light wounding in between their treatments.
Took me 4 days to even dare think of 0.25 after doing 0.75 -1mm 30min session.

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone roll daily with a shallow depth and also apply a concealer after (ie toppik or similar product)? I’ve always waited 12-24 hours to apply after a heavy roll (1.5mm), along with using rubbing isopropyl, but apprehensive for the risk of infection even with a much smaller depth like 0.5mm.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think taking Tylenol 30 minutes before the massacre would help with the pain?

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think taking Tylenol 30 minutes before the massacre would help with the pain?
I haven't tried it but wonder if a topical anesthetic like mr numb would be useful. My issue with it is i don't know how it interacts with minoxidil after the needling. I tried minoxidil with azelaic acid last night after needling and thought my head was on fire:)

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the speed setting guy this thread was about used he had a basic pen i think just curious if he was 18000rpm there's a chance he was hitting 1400 to 1800strikes but i get a feeling he was lucky responder and could of got a result with a sharpened mango

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after more than a year needling has done jack sh*t for me, where is number guy, arronus and all the other guys who it helped?
Well that sucks. I'm 4 months in and can see small hairs but nothing cosmetically significant yet.