Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
But tea and essential oil are two very different things. I've done a lot of research on essential oils and I can't remember about peppermit oil off the top of my head, but almost all of them have some kind of safety concerns.

That said, I think a lot of them are considered safe when diluted to some very diluted state (like around 1%). I don't know, but you should do some research before applying any essential oil.
Well, peppermint oil is also used topically for discomforts such as headache or muscle aching. And you'd dilute peppermint oil anyways due to the burning sensation otherwise being unbearable. In the mice study the peppermint oil was 3%.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
-Theres no point in using castor without DMSO or ethanol. Yes have to dillute it to even get anything out of it.
- I wouldnt apply it after needling but personally i wouldnt apply any oil.
- It is effective orally. Castor oil has done more in 2-3 weeks for my hair than 10months of needling + dutasteride.
- Yes thats the only reason. As i said a few times, i take 5ml morning and evening and i dont have any issues.

I think its more effective topically. topical castor oil made me grow hair on my bald temple and i only used it sparingly. Those hairs vanished as soon as i stopped taking using topical castor oil. I think if you religiously took topical and oral castor oil for months you could see some real nice gains.
The other issue with castor is thats its just an oil. It might elevate PGE2 on your skin for maybe just a 2 hours or whatever and thats it. Its not like minoxidil where its manufactured in a way giving it a halph life of 24 hours or whatever. Its just a natural oil.
Again, if we could utilize castor oil to its full potential, it would be stronger than minoxidil. PGE2 is just so much more of a potent hair grower than PGE1 (minoxidil).
What’s the ratio for ethanol and castor oil mix?. I have both

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the castor oil crowd, I created a castor oil thread with some questions I have and some info I found, so pop in, maybe we can move the discussion there.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/castor-oil-dosage-sides-evidence.126246/#post-1856595

I looked at the contents of a shampoo I have at home and that was not bought for hair loss (7 herbs sampoo by Shauma), guess what I found there? 2 or 3 different types of castor oil and rosemary extract.
This forum is dead, you are not going to get many participants in the thread.

1: The castor oil that is sold on the market doesnt have the toxic ingredients in it. That specific toxic ingredient is indeed a banned biological weapon in germany. Thats why you hear about it. Its not found in the castor oil you buy, or do you think a country like germany would allow biological weapons to be sold on the market?

2: Dont dillute it with another oil lmao. Use DMSO, or if you dont want to, use ethanol.

3: Use as much as possible. My hair and scalp was damp with castor oil back when i used it. Apply it at night, and go to sleep with it. As i said, its such a heavy oil it barely gets absorped by the skin, even with DMSO or ethanol.

@Capone I used 20% DMSO, 40% ethanol. Use more DMSO if your skin can tolerate it. Gotta experiment some.
I usually applied like 5-8ml of the solution on my head

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum is dead, you are not going to get many participants in the thread.

1: The castor oil that is sold on the market doesnt have the toxic ingredients in it. That specific toxic ingredient is indeed a banned biological weapon in germany. Thats why you hear about it. Its not found in the castor oil you buy, or do you think a country like germany would allow biological weapons to be sold on the market?

You mean the castor oil that this link deals with was of that toxic variety?

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+1933

What are these toxic ingredients? Are there different names for the toxic and non toxic variety of co?

2: Dont dillute it with another oil lmao. Use DMSO, or if you dont want to, use ethanol.

Why not in another oil?

@Capone I used 20% DMSO, 40% ethanol. Use more DMSO if your skin can tolerate it. Gotta experiment some.
I usually applied like 5-8ml of the solution on my head

Sorry if you mentioned it already in the thread, but why did you stop using it? Is it because you take it orally now?

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 200mg caffeine pills that are sold are effective in stopping the fatigue caused by minoxdil? if not what do you do to combat the tiredness from minoxidil

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-Theres no point in using castor without DMSO or ethanol. Yes have to dillute it to even get anything out of it.
- I wouldnt apply it after needling but personally i wouldnt apply any oil.
- It is effective orally. Castor oil has done more in 2-3 weeks for my hair than 10months of needling + dutasteride.
- Yes thats the only reason. As i said a few times, i take 5ml morning and evening and i dont have any issues.

I think its more effective topically. topical castor oil made me grow hair on my bald temple and i only used it sparingly. Those hairs vanished as soon as i stopped taking using topical castor oil. I think if you religiously took topical and oral castor oil for months you could see some real nice gains.
The other issue with castor is thats its just an oil. It might elevate PGE2 on your skin for maybe just a 2 hours or whatever and thats it. Its not like minoxidil where its manufactured in a way giving it a halph life of 24 hours or whatever. Its just a natural oil.
Again, if we could utilize castor oil to its full potential, it would be stronger than minoxidil. PGE2 is just so much more of a potent hair grower than PGE1 (minoxidil).
Can you please provide the link for the Castor Oil that you use?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean the castor oil that this link deals with was of that toxic variety?

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+1933

What are these toxic ingredients? Are there different names for the toxic and non toxic variety of co?

Why not in another oil?

Sorry if you mentioned it already in the thread, but why did you stop using it? Is it because you take it orally now?
I dont know, i didnt bother reading it.
castor oil has a hard time getting into the skin even with DMSO. I doubt any oil in the world comes even close to DMSO when it comes to skin penetration. Up to you.
I stopped it because its a mess to use and wash out the castor oil. I also didnt want to disrupt any other chemicals/solutions i put on my scalp.
And i use all my topicals at night, so castor oil is just in the way. I will keep taking it orally though.

@Nsas https://www.amazon.de/Naissance-kal...s=naissance+castor+oil&qid=1575143629&sr=8-16

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know, i didnt bother reading it.
castor oil has a hard time getting into the skin even with DMSO. I doubt any oil in the world comes even close to DMSO when it comes to skin penetration. Up to you.
I stopped it because its a mess to use and wash out the castor oil. I also didnt want to disrupt any other chemicals/solutions i put on my scalp.
And i use all my topicals at night, so castor oil is just in the way. I will keep taking it orally though.

@Nsas https://www.amazon.de/Naissance-kal...s=naissance+castor+oil&qid=1575143629&sr=8-16
Is this the one you take orally? I’m in the US. I hope it’s available here.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As far as I know there's absolute zero scientific evidence supporting this claim. However, there's a lot of anecdotal evidence.

Peppermint oil, on the other hand, has some scientific evidence. On mice, its performance was superior than Minoxidil at growing hair. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/)

So you don't know what you're talking about.

Castor oil mainly contain ricinoleic acid wich act as a pge2ep3 agonist.

Peppermint oil is only good on mice.....On human it's sh*t...Castor oil is way better.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this the one you take orally? I’m in the US. I hope it’s available here.
Yes. It doesnt matter what you use. I dont understand why people make such a fuss about brands. Its an oil

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you don't know what you're talking about.

Castor oil mainly contain ricinoleic acid wich act as a pge2ep3 agonist.

Peppermint oil is only good on mice.....On human it's sh*t...Castor oil is way better.
Where are the studies done on humans with castor oil and hair regrowth? Or do you atleast have anecdotal evidence for this with pictures?

What was interesting with the mice study is that Minoxidil, just like in humans, worked to regrow hair on mice. So if peppermint oil also worked for them to regrow hair, even more effectively so, it gives a stronger indication that it'll work for humans aswell.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are the studies done on humans with castor oil and hair regrowth? Or do you atleast have anecdotal evidence for this with pictures?

What was interesting with the mice study is that Minoxidil, just like in humans, worked to regrow hair on mice. So if peppermint oil also worked for them to regrow hair, even more effectively so, it gives a stronger indication that it'll work for humans aswell.
Its simply a fact that castor oil works and its very potent. Im mind boggled by the amount of people who never heard about it.

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its simply a fact that castor oil works and its very potent. Im mind boggled by the amount of people who never heard about it.
So, no scientific studies or even anecdotal evidence to support your bold claim. Castor oil has been mentioned for treatment of hairloss on these forums alone for more than 15 years.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, no scientific studies or even anecdotal evidence to support your bold claim. Castor oil has been mentioned for treatment of hairloss on these forums alone for more than 15 years.
scientific? no
anecdotal? you've been living under a rock. i wont debate it over with you

brohawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. There's PLENTY of scientific evidence that castor oil is good for hair via pge2. Even Wikipedia states as such: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricinoleic_acid#Biological_activities
There's ton of stuff that is good for hair such as vitamins, minerals, collagen, probiotics, etc. It doesn't mean you'll regrow any hair which was lost through male pattern baldness. It's quite safe to assume at this point that castor oil applied topically on its own won't regrow much hair, if any at all. And that's based on more than two decades of experience from people using castor oil for this purpose. Maybe if the manner it's applied on changes, it could turn out to be an effective treatment. Anyways, peppermint oil atleast has a scientific study behind it, although done on mice, where it works more effectively than Minoxidil.