Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol I remember trying castor oil like 3 years ago. So sticky applying it topically & when I took orally I'd imagine that would be what c*m would taste like. Think I said f it & got a transplant

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why coconut oil?

I find that coconut oil’s viscosity isn’t as “thick” as other oils to better help with thinning thick castor oil out a little for better scalp absorption, but just started last week with it so will see how it works out if any progress gains with it.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used the castor oil with rosemary and pumpkin seed oil. I just applied a generous amount at night and washed it out the next morning.

I’ve previously tried pumpkin seed oil but that sh*t stained my pillows and towels green...how was it in your castor mix, staining too?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those temples were as bald as my forehead. I cant even remember the last time i had hair there. It seems like they were always bald.
There is no way for me to get my hands on sulfasalizine. I was thinking about doing UVB sunburns but the guy never explained what the f*** he is doing. Is he literally putting a UVB lamp on his skin? And thats able to burn it in mere 5 minutes? What kind of lamp was it?
I would use it if i knew how

I used the castor oil with rosemary and pumpkin seed oil. I just applied a generous amount at night and washed it out the next morning.
Do you still take castor oil orally? if not, how's the topical application? is it still working just as well?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, it's finally time for an update.

You people probably dont remember my story so I will give you a brief summary:

-I´ve been on Finasteride (1mg eod) and minoxidil (twice a day) for 3.5 years. More or less mantained, I am not sure if I am slightly better or slightly worse than baseline

-Startled microneedling in November 2018 (a year and a month ago). In August of this year, I saw no apparent progress by comparing pics in my crown (my worst hit area, temples and hairline are relatively well), so I said f*** it, I will test another regime.

-After that, i decided to test needling EVERYDAY in a mild manner with 1mm, while keeping the intense sessions at 2mm once a week, applying minoxidil right after. This everyday approach has been adopted by a few members here, including @chen , who is one of the best cases of hair gains in this thread. As such, I am showing you progress pic between my pre-needling state to my current state (1.1years apart) AND a focused pic taken with a magnifying glass of my pre-everyday needling state and my current state (3 months apart). This pic was taken in my WORST spot, that is, the one which has the least amount of hair, in my crown.

So with these pics, I want your opinion on whether there is improvement between the 1.1 time window, and between the 3 month period in which I increased the needling frequency to everyday.

I really don´t know what to conclude. I don´t really know if there's a difference even with the detailed, close up pics I took with a magnifying glass.
Please let me know what do you think, and try to be as objective as possible, avoiding the usual optimistic bias and seeing what you want to see to support microneedling. Keep in mind that I tried to keep the variables in those pics as similar as possible: styling my hair the same in the worst possible way so the bald spots are exposed, under the same natural lighting, and in the same angle. However, given that my hair is relatively long (about 2 inches), replicating the exact same styling is difficult.

IMG_20191126_165926.png
Screenshot_20191120-183013.png

@kiwi666 @chen @Pigeon @Moosey

Last edited:

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

-I´ve been on Finasteride (1mg eod) and minoxidil (twice a day) for 3.5 years. More or less mantained, I am not sure if I am slightly better or slightly worse than baseline

-Startled microneedling in November 2018 (a year and a month ago). In August of this year, I saw no apparent progress by comparing pics in my crown (my worst hit area, temples and hairline are relatively well), so I said f*** it, I will test another regime.

-After that, i decided to test needling EVERYDAY in a mild manner with 1mm, while keeping the intense sessions at 2mm once a week, applying minoxidil right after. This everyday approach has been adopted by a few members here, including @chen , who is one of the best cases of hair gains in this thread. As such, I am showing you progress pic between my pre-needling state to my current state (1.1years apart) AND a focused pic taken with a magnifying glass of my pre-everyday needling state and my current state (3 months apart).

So with these pics, I want your opinion on whether there is improvement between the 1.1 time window, and between the 3 month period in which I increased the needling frequency to everyday.

I really don´t know what to conclude. I don´t really know if there's a difference even with the detailed, close up pics I took with a magnifying glass.
Please let me know what do you think, and try to be as objective as possible, avoiding the usual optimistic bias and seeing what you want to see to support microneedling. Keep in mind that I tried to keep the variables in those pics as similar as possible: styling my hair the same in the worst possible way so the bald spots are exposed, under the same natural lighting, and in the same angle. However, given that my hair is relatively long (about 2 inches), replicating the exact same styling is difficult.

View attachment 133192 View attachment 133194
There is definitely improvement. Even your donor on the sides looks more lush.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is definitely improvement. Even your donor on the sides looks more lush.
Thanks for your reply. I assume you are referring to the first pics, in which my whole head is seen.
I am curious about your opinion regarding the focused pics in the worst spot of my crown. Do you see any difference there?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I assume you are referring to the first pics, in which my whole head is seen.
I am curious about your opinion regarding the focused pics in the worst spot of my crown. Do you see any difference there?
The image quality is just not good enough to tell you much regarding the focused pic. I guess I can tell you that it hasn't got worse for sure.

Sam21

My Regimen
Reaction score

-After that, i decided to test needling EVERYDAY in a mild manner with 1mm, while keeping the intense sessions at 2mm once a week, applying minoxidil right after. This everyday approach has been adopted by a few members here, including @chen , who is one of the best cases of hair gains in this thread. As such, I am showing you progress pic between my pre-needling state to my current state (1.1years apart) AND a focused pic taken with a magnifying glass of my pre-everyday needling state and my current state (3 months apart). This pic was taken in my WORST spot, that is, the one which has the least amount of hair, in my crown.

my first post here & i've read the whole thread. was definitely looking forward to your update as we have similar hair pattern & you'd reported no change for the first 6ish months & you sounded less optimistic that time but you tweaked your approach. definitely can see improvement in both pictures. Thumps up for the patience..

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is some very obvious improvement. If those close up pictures are of the same spot on your scalp, its even more obvious.
Im glad you managed to regrow some hair on your scalp. I remember when you posted back in august and said you were getting zero gains there.
Did you keep up the daily needling on your hairline? Anything happened there? I remember you had some very sudden regrowth happening there

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't think we can tell anything from either set of pictures. In the first set your hair is too long to be able to make a good comparison. Any difference could be due to how the hair falls that particular day. It looks like there might be some improvement, but, again, impossible to really have any certainty.
In the second set, there's too much hair to make a comparison. If you were almost bald and there were very few hairs, we could see some difference, but there are too many to really tell whether anything changed or whether the hair is just arranged differently that day.

Certainly no dramatic improvement, tho.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There is no notable improvement. Good that you're maintaining though. Add in PGE2, regrow it, and move on

Reaction score
@ToLGuy

We both have been using finasteride and minoxidil consistently for the same span of time and we both tried weekly needling with no results for at least 6 months. I also switched to daily needling (mild with the same roller length) starting in August and I am definitely seeing some improvement but I don't want to post anything until I reach the six month mark in February. One thing I notice in the mirror when I view my scalp under decent lighting is the increase in thickness of my existing hairs but the results are patchy. As of a week ago I switched to daily hard needling at .75mm with a dermapen on the frontal half of my scalp to see if it yields better results.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

I really don't see much improvement, very small maybe, you have maintained at least. If you value your hair it's time to try a more radical regimen, a year is long enough.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Nice update. It looks like an improvement to me.

When looking down the right side gap is visibly smaller.

And IF that’s an illusion youve maintained which is epic.

I wonder if using minoxidil twice or more a week will fill it in even more. It coujd be worth a try.

Are you using foam?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy Your hair looks thicker in the post 3 month needling pic but this could be because of the lightning.

One thing is for sure you have maintained. But I think I see some improvement yes.

Btw, your method of needling daily with low depth is by far the best method imo.
What depth is recommended for daily needling?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice update. It looks like an improvement to me.

When looking down the right side gap is visibly smaller.

And IF that’s an illusion youve maintained which is epic.

I wonder if using minoxidil twice or more a week will fill it in even more. It coujd be worth a try.

Are you using foam?
I am using minoxidil twice a day. I've been doing so for 3.5 years (with finasteride).
I am using liquid minoxidil.

Thanks for your comments bro. I will keep up this regime and update every three months to assess whether this does something in the long term, as this is what Chen claims (note that Chen does this TWICE a day).

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy Your hair looks thicker in the post 3 month needling pic but this could be because of the lightning.

One thing is for sure you have maintained. But I think I see some improvement yes.

Btw, your method of needling daily with low depth is by far the best method imo.
You mean in the focused pic? Yeah it was taken in the exact same bald spot under the same artificial lighting (in contrast with the other set of pics which was took under natural light). So in theory, lighting is the same... Yet the scalp color looks somehow different, suggesting that lighting indeed changed. One thimg that I realize is that trying to keep all the variables equal between pics is virtually impossible, but oh well, we have to make our best effort to try.