Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the guys who dermaroller daily at 0.5mm, are you worried you might be overdoing it?

I go 1.5mm with the A12 pen, enough to where I do get some bleeding, but I want to let my scalp heal before I continue again so I space it out 10-14 days in between sessions.

I've seen good regrowth here with people doing daily rolling so Im thinking of giving it a try but im just not sure.

What I do try to do is brush my scalp daily to remove the stupid minoxidil flakes and itchiness, and I think it helps at least keep my scalp healthier.
A problem with ascertaining the most effective depth and frequency, is that virtually everyone reports their routines differently.

As you can notice from your own report, you detail using 1,5mm needles. Yet, as I understand it, you're not going full depth with those.

Another parameter we have to take into account is how much hair the practicioner holds. You'll notice, with shorter needles in particular, that hair will prevent you from going full depth.

However, you should remind yourself of what mechanisms you're pursuing. Puncturing with needles is done in order to summon wound healing processes. Minoxidil is utilized to stimulate blood flow.

Brushing your scalp is a wise thing to do. Specially because you're needling, which results in more shedding of the skin. If you hadn't been brushing, the skin would eventually end up blocking absorption to a certain extent.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I know there's absolute zero scientific evidence supporting this claim. However, there's a lot of anecdotal evidence.

Peppermint oil, on the other hand, has some scientific evidence. On mice, its performance was superior than Minoxidil at growing hair. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/)

And how safe is it for topical application? IDK whether castor oil is an essential oil, I assume so, but all those essential oils can be very dangerous. For example, tea tree oil and lavender oil has been shown to cause tits to grow in little boys in rare cases.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone had growth only after rolling?. What to replace minoxidil? Peppermint oil?

I don't think you are going to get regrowth or even maintenance with just rolling, if minoxidil is out of the question then try peppermint oil or rosemary oil, they are crap compared to minoxidil though, mice don't count.

hgk23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got an accelerated pulse (I can't sleep because of this) after applying minoxidil to wounded skin 1.5mm earlier at 0.3 it did not happen like this. Probably too much minoxidili gets into the bloodstream at 1.5mm. I am thinking about rejecting 1.5mm once a week and replacing it with a daily 0.3mm.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@asabovesobelow @Dimitri001 @E-nC
If castor oil could be utilized efficiently, it would be better and stronger than minoxidil.
And no its not an essential oil ( wished it was). Its a very thick and heavy oil thats almost unable to penetrate the skin on its own.
And minoxidil doesnt cause hair growth because of blood flow. I wish that meme would die already

Last edited:

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@asabovesobelow @Dimitri001 @E-nC
If castor oil could be utilized efficiently, it would be better and stronger than minoxidil.
And no its not an essential oil ( wished it was). Its a very thick and heavy oil thats almost unable to penetrate the skin on its own.
And minoxidil doesnt cause hair growth because of blood flow. I wish that meme would die already

It can't be utilized efficiently because it can't penetrate the skin and shouldn't be taken orally?

Would you be able to get it into the skin or the follicles by diluting it with a carrier oil or water or something?

What about applying it after needling, if that is safe?

Would it be effective if taken orally?

So the only reason it shouldn't be taken orally is that it is a laxative, there are no concerns beyond that?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can't be utilized efficiently because it can't penetrate the skin and shouldn't be taken orally?

Would you be able to get it into the skin or the follicles by diluting it with a carrier oil or water or something?

So the only reason it shouldn't be taken orally is that it is a laxative, there are no concerns beyond that?

dante12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Next week I will start dermarolling 0.25 mm three times a week + latanoprost 0.06% every day. I started latanoprost 3 weeks ago. From next month, maybe I'll go to latanoprost 0.1%. I can't stand minoxidil, it leaves my hair disgusting. I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Next week I will start dermarolling 0.25 mm three times a week + latanoprost 0.06% every day. I started latanoprost 3 weeks ago. From next month, maybe I'll go to latanoprost 0.1%. I can't stand minoxidil, it leaves my hair disgusting. I'll let you know.

Why don't you just use minoxidil at night before bed? 2x a day is not really necessary.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

-Theres no point in using castor without DMSO or ethanol. Yes have to dillute it to even get anything out of it.
- I wouldnt apply it after needling but personally i wouldnt apply any oil.
- It is effective orally. Castor oil has done more in 2-3 weeks for my hair than 10months of needling + dutasteride.
- Yes thats the only reason. As i said a few times, i take 5ml morning and evening and i dont have any issues.

I think its more effective topically. topical castor oil made me grow hair on my bald temple and i only used it sparingly. Those hairs vanished as soon as i stopped taking using topical castor oil. I think if you religiously took topical and oral castor oil for months you could see some real nice gains.
The other issue with castor is thats its just an oil. It might elevate PGE2 on your skin for maybe just a 2 hours or whatever and thats it. Its not like minoxidil where its manufactured in a way giving it a halph life of 24 hours or whatever. Its just a natural oil.
Again, if we could utilize castor oil to its full potential, it would be stronger than minoxidil. PGE2 is just so much more of a potent hair grower than PGE1 (minoxidil).

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
And how safe is it for topical application? IDK whether castor oil is an essential oil, I assume so, but all those essential oils can be very dangerous. For example, tea tree oil and lavender oil has been shown to cause tits to grow in little boys in rare cases.
I haven't seen any study or claims labeling peppermint oil as potentially hazardous. It's been drunk as tea for a long time so I'd suspect there being reports if it was indeed unhealthy.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any study or claims labeling peppermint oil as potentially hazardous. It's been drunk as tea for a long time so I'd suspect there being reports if it was indeed unhealthy.

But tea and essential oil are two very different things. I've done a lot of research on essential oils and I can't remember about peppermit oil off the top of my head, but almost all of them have some kind of safety concerns.

That said, I think a lot of them are considered safe when diluted to some very diluted state (like around 1%). I don't know, but you should do some research before applying any essential oil.