Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
44 years old. NW7. Dermarolling 0,5 mm daily. 1mm once a week. Minoxidil 5% 2xday. Biotin 10,000 1x day, Saw Palmetto 3000Mg 1xday. Collagen Pulver 2xweek. (7 months results).

Tested years ago minoxidil and finasteride with no significant results. I´m recovering hair even in areas like the front line and temples that have been bald for 20 years.

I still have a long way to go but I believe that the key to success is patience.

This is some truly very good progress, congrats man! Hope you continue for another 7 months this routine and get more hair growth and new hairs, and already it looks like a thinning person with a buzz haircut and not someone who’s a NW7!

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer "messy" over enduring extreme pain and potentially dropping a treatment because of it.
I dont know what kind of "natural" painkillers you have but if i go 1.5mm deep into my skin, it hurts no matter what i do. Even with a numbing cream.
Obviously none of this is needed for mild needling

Hmm i was using a pen at 2.5mm, now using a roller, after the first pass i hardly feel the pain, i was only doing it on my crown though, maybe other areas are more sensitive, but i don't find it that painful at all but if you need to use numbing cream then go for it, i just don't think it is absolutely essential.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on my progress:

I decided to drop minoxidil a little over a month ago as the itching and dandruff was driving me crazy....takeaway, the past week I’ve shed a bunch of hairs, about 30-40 hairs with each shampoo, my crown still looks good though.

A few weeks ago I decided to give Zix a try since having stopped minoxidil, I bought the correct capsules ingredients applied it after each of my microneedling sessions, 3-weeks worth...takeaway...it seemed to help prevent hair fall and shedding, I would only loose about 5-10 hairs with each shampoo, but because of its yellow staining color on my hands and scalp I decided to stop using it, temporarily that is..... as I’ve decided now to start using a mix of castor oil + coconut oil + peppermint oil starting tonight after my microneedling session....I am going to do this for a month or two and see if I gain or maintain or shed more, if I feel this castor/coconut/peppermint mix isn’t helping then I will create my own topical finasteride solution as I already have propylene glycol, everclear alchohol, distilled water for the mix. And as a last resort after a further few months, I would go back to minoxidil, but I’m optimistic that castor & peppermint could help with microneedling results.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry i missed your response.
Yeah 10ml is quite alot, but its tolerable. I dont know if it did anything for my eyebrows, i didnt pay attention to it. It definetely made hairs on the side of my head grow though, where i dont even have hairloss. As i said before though, nothing happened with my hairline after that quite impressive, initial growth spurt. Its weird.
Oral castor oil doesnt exist. So debating wether or not its safe for oral use is pointless. There is no "safer" or "riskier" castor oil. Its all ricinoleic acid which is broken down into the benefical prostaglandines in your body. Its all the same stuff.

Wait, so castor oil is not regarded as safe for oral consumption?

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

For what I’ve read, castor oil is not “for consumption”...that said some people do consume it, I’m not going to I will be using it topically, but if I were to give it a try I wouldn’t do more than 1-2ml orally per day, due to its laxative qualities internally.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm i was using a pen at 2.5mm, now using a roller, after the first pass i hardly feel the pain, i was only doing it on my crown though, maybe other areas are more sensitive, but i don't find it that painful at all but if you need to use numbing cream then go for it, i just don't think it is absolutely essential.
How deep are you going though? My scalp is covered in blood when im done with my sessions. I dont think anyone can stab their scalps 2mm deep without causing extreme pain

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, theres just no castor oil product in existance thats manufactured for oral use. No one has done it yet, for the simple fact its a laxative. Either way, even if it did exist, it doesnt matter. It would be the same thing because you need the ricinoleic acid in the oil.
Its totally fine to take castor oil orally, i just dont think its good to take it for a long time at doses as high as mine. But as i pointed out in a previous post, it dont care

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How deep are you going though? My scalp is covered in blood when im done with my sessions. I dont think anyone can stab their scalps 2mm deep without causing extreme pain

When i was using the pen i would get a lot of blood, i was definitely going deep, but i was also tugging out lots of hair while using the pen so i switched to a roller instead, no problems with tugging hair out with the roller, but the pen definitely wounded more effectively.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For what I’ve read, castor oil is not “for consumption”...that said some people do consume it, I’m not going to I will be using it topically, but if I were to give it a try I wouldn’t do more than 1-2ml orally per day, due to its laxative qualities internally.
If you are going to be taking castor oil orally, it should be cold pressed, hexane free castor oil.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if using a 1.5mm dermapen would be less painful than a 1.5mm dermastamp?

I tried dermastamping 1.5mm ages ago but the pain and inconvenience stopped me persisting.

I started with a 1.5 192 pin zgts roller. Upgraded to a 12 pin dr pen a6 ultima. I do .75 to 1 at hairline, 1.5mm on most of scalp, 2.25 at crown where it is being stubborn. Crown hurts the least.

Overall, the dr pen hurts more than rolling. I like the pen more because I get more thorough wounding. I go for moderate bleeding. Sometimes I overdo it and it slightly runs down my face. I tried aspercreme in the past and it was useless. It sucks at first but eventually adrenaline kicks in. I'll yell at my scalp "give me my f*****g hair back" and pretend that I'm trying to torture my scalp into returning my hair like it is holding it hostage. Once the adrenaline is in full force I barely feel it and sometimes even feels good.

I hit 6 months in about 2 weeks. I saw huge results between day 1 and month 4. Month 4 to 5 was only a very slight improvement. I did an extremely brutal session about 2 weeks ago to focus on crown growth and have been letting it heal, but I usually aim for every 7 to 10 days.

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact reason why micro needling frequently no blood comes out of skin at all? when I first started microneedling without minoxidil(no results at all) once a week in May 2018 my forehead was covered in lots of blood within a few months could not bleed at all and after starting micro needling 2 times a day in august 2019 no blood at all could do over a 100 passes on a single area no blood at all no matter how hard I dermaroll don't usually get skin reddening sorry about this dumb question just wanted to know the reason

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact reason why micro needling frequently no blood comes out of skin at all? when I first started microneedling without minoxidil(no results at all) once a week in May 2018 my forehead was covered in lots of blood within a few months could not bleed at all and after starting micro needling 2 times a day in august 2019 no blood at all could do over a 100 passes on a single area no blood at all no matter how hard I dermaroll don't usually get skin reddening sorry about this dumb question just wanted to know the reason
Are you sure you go as deep? Maybe you changed your roller/stamp?
I started getting more and more blood the more time has passed, personally. Thats weird

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score

2 times a day sounds like way too much dude.

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 times a day sounds like way too much dude.
Chen goes two times a day just have to be careful I did a trial period of two times a day back in July after 3-5 days had massive skin peeling had significant hypo pigmentation looked like I had vitiligo I let skin heal before attempting again and started adding moisturizer creme before bed and never had that issue again

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are going to be taking castor oil orally, it should be cold pressed, hexane free castor oil.

I don’t plan on taking castor oil orally at all, only topically, but yes, the castor oil one buys should be organic cold-pressed and hexane-free, I bought the NOW brand bottle.

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Knowledge regarding triggers for hairloss is of great importance. Testosterone and dihydrotestosterone levels go hand-in-hand. This is proven by those wanting to build more muscle mass or females wishing to be males who introduce testosterone augmenting substances into their systems. By doing this they also dramatically increase their chances at developing baldness. This has all been logical to us for a long time.

We've also seen men grow a lot of hair back in their attempt to transition to the opposite sex. Accomplished through drastically increasing estrogen, thus suppressing testosterone.

So again, with just this information at hand, we should actually expect an aging man to halt or even reverse his baldness. This due to testosterone declining with age. Yet the opposite is truth. Almost every man develops baldness to some degree as they age.

Indeed, there must be other factors at play that explain why even old men bald.

Dermarolling, brushing your scalp, applying liquids, etc. are agents utilized to provoke growth through stimulating circulation and wound healing mechanisms. As most will testify, improvement of ones hair will vanish promptly after these routines are eliminated from their schedule. A reasonable explanation for this is that they only raised the ability to grow hair. The culprit was still there.

Sadly, the system is too concerned on relieving symptoms rather than digging down to the roots.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Knowledge regarding triggers for hairloss is of great importance. Testosterone and dihydrotestosterone levels go hand-in-hand. This is proven by those wanting to build more muscle mass or females wishing to be males who introduce testosterone augmenting substances into their systems. By doing this they also dramatically increase their chances at developing baldness. This has all been logical to us for a long time.

We've also seen men grow a lot of hair back in their attempt to transition to the opposite sex. Accomplished through drastically increasing estrogen, thus suppressing testosterone.

So again, with just this information at hand, we should actually expect an aging man to halt or even reverse his baldness. This due to testosterone declining with age. Yet the opposite is truth. Almost every man develops baldness to some degree as they age.

Indeed, there must be other factors at play that explain why even old men bald.

Dermarolling, brushing your scalp, applying liquids, etc. are agents utilized to provoke growth through stimulating circulation and wound healing mechanisms. As most will testify, improvement of ones hair will vanish promptly after these routines are eliminated from their schedule. A reasonable explanation for this is that they only raised the ability to grow hair. The culprit was still there.

Sadly, the system is too concerned on relieving symptoms rather than digging down to the roots.

The reason we continue to bald even as our testosterone declines/ at an old age is down to increased androgen sensitivity im the hair as we age.

Sucks doesn’t it.

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason we continue to bald even as our testosterone declines/ at an old age is down to increased androgen sensitivity im the hair as we age.

Sucks doesn’t it.
I pointed out that despite declining testosterone levels with age, men still lose their hair. You basically said the same thing. Actually, we don't know for certain whether dihydrotestosterone is the root cause at all. Yet that's what's constantly being taught and taken as gospel.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
For the guys who dermaroller daily at 0.5mm, are you worried you might be overdoing it?

I go 1.5mm with the A12 pen, enough to where I do get some bleeding, but I want to let my scalp heal before I continue again so I space it out 10-14 days in between sessions.

I've seen good regrowth here with people doing daily rolling so Im thinking of giving it a try but im just not sure.

What I do try to do is brush my scalp daily to remove the stupid minoxidil flakes and itchiness, and I think it helps at least keep my scalp healthier.

E-nC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t plan on taking castor oil orally at all, only topically, but yes, the castor oil one buys should be organic cold-pressed and hexane-free, I bought the NOW brand bottle.

Does castor oil actually grow hair?