Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I needled the left halph of my scalp very hard once a week with 1.5mm until it was covered with blood. Almost zero improvement. Been doing that from april - end of september.
I needled the right halph of my scalp midly every 2 days for around 2 months. Personally i didnt notice a difference.
Since beginning of october, i needled the left halph of my scalp (that used to get the deep treatment) mildly once a week, i stopped taking dutasteride and i started taking a high dose of oral castor oil.
Literally 3 weeks later i see massive growth of my inactive, almost dead vellus hair. More growth happened in those 2 weeks than in the past 10 months before that.
I just dont know if that was the castor oil or the switch to mild needling. I used to think it was the castor oil but its actually a quite potent PGE2ep3 agonist, but that initial growth of my hair stopped shortly after. Which would fit the needling more. I also switched to hard needling once a month for the right scalp. So basically phase II of my experiment.
So to sum it up for both halphs of my scalp
deep, bloody needling once a week (failed) -> deep, bloody needling once a month
mild needling everyday/every 2 days (most likely failed) -> mild needling once a week (ongoing, might be doing something)
Honestly i was foolish to needle for so many months, waiting for results. Almost everyone who got results from needling noticed them after just 1-2 months. Even in the studies, hair growth was noticed after only 2 weeks. I think if you needle for 3-5 months and you dont see a single thing happening, its not really working.

I'll be on a big cocktail of chemicals very soon, so unfortunately i wont be able to really finish this experiment because every growth from there on will be coming from that cocktail. Im sick and tired of shunning myself from most social events because im waiting for my hair to come back. I gave myself almost an entire year to go into cocoon mode, do something about my hair, and start living again when its in a good state. That time is over. The cocktail is going to cost me a quite some money but its better than wasting away your youths.
If that doesn work, im just gonna [insert edgy suicide joke]

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, at this moment I don't know if it's the microneedling 3 times a week or the dutasteride that is doing this magic to my hair. Now even with wet hair half of my bald spot has disappeared. It's going fast and changing every month.

It would be depressing to know that dutasteride was actually responsible because I like the picture released by Follica which shows a change in less than 3 months and I seen a very similar reduction in bald spot like that guy in the pic. It only coincided with needling every other day(now I'm doing this 3 times a week and I intend to do that until I recover everything).

All I can tell you guys right now is that before increasing the frequency of needling I had nothing but tiny hair all over my hairline which rarely increased in length and they were so thin that I needed my phone's flashlight to see. Only a few of them went terminal and kept improving in thickness, but now I'm say way more hair go terminal. It's legitimate regrowth.

I'll wait just 3-4 months more to post before and after pictures to show a more dramatic improvement, but at the very least you guys must try higher frequency needling and apply minoxidil immediately afterwards to see if frequency is superior to depth when we don't have the compound that Follica has to literally regrow new follicles.

Until then I now think it's actually the increased absorption and the increased blood flow to the area we are needling that is actually doing something.

You should know that I was on finasteride for a very long time before I jumped on dutasteride.

Follica released a photo or photos of some results??...if so, is there a link to where it’s posted?

Never mind, I found it haha

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I needled the left halph of my scalp very hard once a week with 1.5mm until it was covered with blood. Almost zero improvement. Been doing that from april - end of september.
I needled the right halph of my scalp midly every 2 days for around 2 months. Personally i didnt notice a difference.
Since beginning of october, i needled the left halph of my scalp (that used to get the deep treatment) mildly once a week, i stopped taking dutasteride and i started taking a high dose of oral castor oil.
Literally 3 weeks later i see massive growth of my inactive, almost dead vellus hair. More growth happened in those 2 weeks than in the past 10 months before that.
I just dont know if that was the castor oil or the switch to mild needling. I used to think it was the castor oil but its actually a quite potent PGE2ep3 agonist, but that initial growth of my hair stopped shortly after. Which would fit the needling more. I also switched to hard needling once a month for the right scalp. So basically phase II of my experiment.
deep, bloody needling once a week (failed) -> deep, bloody needling once a month
mild needling everyday/every 2 days (most likely failed) -> mild needling once a week (ongoing, might be doing something)
Honestly i was foolish to needle for so many months, waiting for results. Almost everyone who got results from needling noticed them after just 1-2 months. Even in the studies, hair growth was noticed after only 2 weeks. I think if you needle for 3-5 months and you dont see a single thing happening, its not really working.

I'll be on a big cocktail of chemicals very soon, so unfortunately i wont be able to really finish this experiment because every growth from there on will be coming from that cocktail. Im sick and tired of shunning myself from most social events because im waiting for my hair to come back. I gave myself almost an entire year to go into cocoon mode, do something about my hair, and start living again when its in a good state. That time is over. The cocktail is going to cost me a quite some money but its better than wasting away your youths.

That's really interesting do you mind me asking how many ml of oral castor oil are you using daily? And which brand cause i'd like to replicate your experiment . thanks

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's really interesting do you mind me asking how many ml of oral castor oil are you using daily? And which brand cause i'd like to replicate your experiment . thanks
Im buying this. Naissance is a pretty good brand: https://www.amazon.de/Naissance-kal...keywords=castor+oil+1l&qid=1574607108&sr=8-25
inb4 "shill"
I drink 5ml of the oil every morning and evening. I just put 5ml in my mouth and chug it down with water. Easy. What happend to those dead hairs on my hairline must be coming from the castor oil. Everything speaks for it. But the fact the hairs grew to a certain size and then stopped, fits more the nature of needling. I really dont know at this point. All i know is that castor oil is very potent. Back when i was needling hard on my left hairline, i saw hairs growing out of my bald temples. I thought "damn, needling is so strong". Welp, turned out it came from the topical castor oil. Because the second i stopped the topical castor, those hairs vanished. Problem is, castor oil is such a hassle to use. Its such a heavy oil it barely gets absorbed by the skin, and its a b**ch to wash out.

Last edited:

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any success with needling but no Minoxidil or any kind of AR/DHT inhibitor?

12 needles cartridges and 1.00mm lenght

Now only the pen with bulk cartridges bought from China. It cost's me 24USD to buy 16 which I only use once. Recently I've been worrying about infections so I'm willing to spend high because I know I don't have to do this forever.

I disinfect the new needles properly too even though they come packed.

What do you mean you don't have to do this forever? Isn't needling supposed to be kept up indefinitely?

Last edited:

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im buying this. Naissance is a pretty good brand:
inb4 "shill"
I drink 5ml of the oil every morning and evening. I just put 5ml in my mouth and chug it down with water. Easy. What happend to those dead hairs on my hairline must be coming from the castor oil. Everything speaks for it. But the fact the hairs grew to a certain size and then stopped, fits more the nature of needling. I really dont know at this point. All i know is that castor oil is very potent. Back when i was needling hard on my left hairline, i saw hairs growing out of my bald temples. I thought "damn, needling is so strong". Welp, turned out it came from the topical castor oil. Because the second i stopped the topical castor, those hairs vanished. Problem is, castor oil is such a hassle to use. Its such a heavy oil it barely gets absorbed by the skin, and its a b**ch to wash out.

Thx for your answer . Damn so you're drinking 10 ml of castor oil per day that's a lot if remember properly swiss temple used to say that dosage above 2ml would theorically have hypertrichosis like effect , do you see an increase of eyebrow or eylashes hair too?

One last thing i would like to ask you is are you sure this brand is safe for oral consumption? because i already tried to take castor oil orally but never went above a 1.5ml dosage per day and used a "coumpounded " castor oil my local pharmacy made me but i always suggested that my lack of result was due to the way they coumpounded it ; if so i will try to buy that " naissance" brand if its safe for oral consumption and will report my results after a few months

Last edited:

Phil007

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess he wants to reduce the frequency of needling in the long-term, when his hair came back and he is satisfied with it.

@ Moosey: Thanks for the input.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any success with needling but no Minoxidil or any kind of AR/DHT inhibitor?

What do you mean you don't have to do this forever? Isn't needling supposed to be kept up indefinitely?

Not after you get the results you want. After that a monthly session will be enough with light rolling here and there depending upon your mood.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you speculating there or has this been established by some study?

Both studies said result were permanent if you keep using minoxidil regularly. I'm basing it on that. Even if that is not the case there is no way I will be able to continue this beyond maybe 4 more months so after that I don't even care if I start losing again. It's simply no feasible.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have the links handy per chance? I've only read the last few pages, so I haven't seen the studies

Why did you take castor oil? Is there some evidence it helps regrow or conserve hair?

Last edited:

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have the links handy per chance? I've only read the last few pages, so I haven't seen the studies

Why did you take castor oil? Is there some evidence it helps regrow or conserve hair?
Castor oil is very well know growth agonist, im surprised you dont know about it.
If you know PGE2... well castor oil is basically doing the exact same thing. Meaning its very potent. Its believed minoxidil works through prostaglandines too. It would explain its charackteristic.
Castor oil is so strong, it prevented chemo-therapy induced hairloss in rats in one study

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that needling hurts more in the areas where they are balding the most? It doesn't hurt bad except for on my bald spot midscalp. I presume it's because my skin is thinner there. It's not because of the lack of hair because it's the same even when I shave my head.

asabovesobelow

My Regimen
Reaction score
My first drop of knowledge will be what follows below.

Oil and skin that accumulates, even for a day, will substantially decrease the amount of liquid absorbed. A splendid example for this phenomenon is when you apply peppermint oil to your face prior to, or after, shaving. Your shaven face will sting substantially more than your unshaven counterpart. Brushing your scalp vigorously prior to applying peppermint oil yields a close to similar result.

Indeed. If the task of brushing the scalp prior to applying liquids is followed, hair regrowth will most definitely improve.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor oil is very well know growth agonist, im surprised you dont know about it.
If you know PGE2... well castor oil is basically doing the exact same thing. Meaning its very potent. Its believed minoxidil works through prostaglandines too. It would explain its charackteristic.
Castor oil is so strong, it prevented chemo-therapy induced hairloss in rats in one study
I saw a video that said oral castor oil is actually better than taking PGE2.

I’ve been using it on my beard and have definitely seen growth. I may begin using it orally too. Are there any known risks of long term oral use?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I’ve been using it on my beard and have definitely seen growth. I may begin using it orally too. Are there any known risks of long term oral use?
"More plates more dates" knows alot of things about hairloss but this isnt true. For the simple fact that castor oil is not PGE2. Its one of the 4 metabolytes of PGE2. Namely, PGE2ep3. Stemoxydine increases PGE2ep1 for example.
Either way, its very potent. If it wasnt such a hassle to use topically, we could yields its full potential and maybe have a pretty good minoxidil alternative. Probably never gonna happen.

Castor oil is laxative. I dont really notice anything at 2x5ml but one time i took 15ml at once and had explosive diarrhea a few hours later.
I dont think its good to take a laxative for a long period of time. But lets be honest, i dont give sh*t. I definetely dont wake up in the morning and think to myself "aww man, im so happy being bald and having great gut health". I would rather obliterate my anus with a gallon of castor oil than run around bald

Last edited:

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That's what I wanna know, too. Oral and topical.

Any other sides or risks apart from the laxative bit?

AAgassi

My Regimen
Reaction score
44 years old. NW7. Dermarolling 0,5 mm daily. 1mm once a week. Minoxidil 5% 2xday. Biotin 10,000 1x day, Saw Palmetto 3000Mg 1xday. Collagen Pulver 2xweek. (7 months results).

Tested years ago minoxidil and finasteride with no significant results. I´m recovering hair even in areas like the front line and temples that have been bald for 20 years.

I still have a long way to go but I believe that the key to success is patience.

Attachments

• compara01.jpg
    compara01.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 978
  • compara02.jpg
    compara02.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 995

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
44 years old. NW7. Dermarolling 0,5 mm daily. 1mm once a week. Minoxidil 5% 2xday. Biotin 10,000 1x day, Saw Palmetto 3000Mg 1xday. Collagen Pulver 2xweek. (7 months results).

Tested years ago minoxidil and finasteride with no significant results. I´m recovering hair even in areas like the front line and temples that have been bald for 20 years.

I still have a long way to go but I believe that the key to success is patience.
Thats really nice regrowth. And people say its over when you are NW7. You'd probably have even more results with finasteride

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

You were known for your hair. it must have killed you going bald. I hope you get it all back.