Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its some hair growth product from loreal that you put on your scalp like minoxidil. Its not a miracle cure but its definetely doing something.
It used to be really expensive but they released a very cheap version of it some time ago: https://www.amazon.de/Garnier-Fruct...ywords=garnier+fructis&qid=1574192977&sr=8-13

This is the old one: https://www.amazon.de/LOréal-Profes...8PZXFEVWE3D&psc=1&refRID=78137122K8PZXFEVWE3D
Thanks. What is the mechanism behind it? It is an anti androgen?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. What is the mechanism behind it? It is an anti androgen?
Not at all. All it does is create a hypoxic envinronment for your follicles and stimulates progenitor cells. That sounds horrible at first sight, but hypoxia somehow does more good than bad things for your hair, appereantly. one of them, increase in PGEep1 activity. So its a partial PGE2 agonist. I guess its somewhat comparable to minoxidil. As it doesnt protect against hairloss, but its able to stimulate growth in some people

For a weak, cheap anti-androgen i would recommend pantostin. Its only available in germany and a few other countries. But its cheap, easy to get and it does work. Its a "custom" made form of estradiol so its basically an AA

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too many topicals to complement our minoxidil ughh. Since adding sandalore I literally wake up every morning Forest Whitaker eye lol

upload_2019-11-22_1-55-45.png

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at all. All it does is create a hypoxic envinronment for your follicles and stimulates progenitor cells. That sounds horrible at first sight, but hypoxia somehow does more good than bad things for your hair, appereantly. one of them, increase in PGEep1 activity. So its a partial PGE2 agonist. I guess its somewhat comparable to minoxidil. As it doesnt protect against hairloss, but its able to stimulate growth in some people

For a weak, cheap anti-androgen i would recommend pantostin. Its only available in germany and a few other countries. But its cheap, easy to get and it does work. Its a "custom" made form of estradiol so its basically an AA

Damn, I should read your post a few years earlier. I would try this pantostin, but now im using NGF547 and this Multi Peptide Serum, it would be to much topicals to use daily. I will probably order some after I finish the Ordinary Serum, cause a side effect free topical AA would be good. I was already thinking about Eucapil but that is much cheaper and the efficacy is on both questionable, though they should work in theory.

Costa31

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

Have been using minoxidil for about 7/8 months now. I only started dermarolling properly around 2 months ago but I've noticed I've started to shed a lot more whereas before I started dermarolling I hardly shed at all.

Did others have similar experiences? Where they used minoxidil without dermarolling before with no effect and didn't shed at all. Then after starting dermarolling shedding massively?

Thanks

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_18.htm

Maker of zix was also a fan of Azelaic Acid
interesting. if i recall, azelaic acid was tested with zinc and piroxydine for their anti androgen effects.
this would be a slight different pathway with valproic acid, because it inhibits glycogen synthase kinase 3β and activates the Wnt/β-catenin
pathway, so it isnt an hormonal route, more an anagen induction.

Inhibition of kinase 3β results in fibroblast activation and increased release of collagen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21873331

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have there been any studies looking into what the best protocol is with microneedling? (needle length, frequency, pen vs roller)

If not, what has been the concensus on that, if any, based on anecdotal evidence?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have there been any studies looking into what the best protocol is with microneedling? (needle length, frequency, pen vs roller)

If not, what has been the concensus on that, if any, based on anecdotal evidence?
Thats what people have been trying to figure out for the past 600 pages.
We dont know, the data and the results are all over the place. There is no pattern whatsoever

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, at this moment I don't know if it's the microneedling 3 times a week or the dutasteride that is doing this magic to my hair. Now even with wet hair half of my bald spot has disappeared. It's going fast and changing every month.

It would be depressing to know that dutasteride was actually responsible because I like the picture released by Follica which shows a change in less than 3 months and I seen a very similar reduction in bald spot like that guy in the pic. It only coincided with needling every other day(now I'm doing this 3 times a week and I intend to do that until I recover everything).

All I can tell you guys right now is that before increasing the frequency of needling I had nothing but tiny hair all over my hairline which rarely increased in length and they were so thin that I needed my phone's flashlight to see. Only a few of them went terminal and kept improving in thickness, but now I'm say way more hair go terminal. It's legitimate regrowth.

I'll wait just 3-4 months more to post before and after pictures to show a more dramatic improvement, but at the very least you guys must try higher frequency needling and apply minoxidil immediately afterwards to see if frequency is superior to depth when we don't have the compound that Follica has to literally regrow new follicles.

Until then I now think it's actually the increased absorption and the increased blood flow to the area we are needling that is actually doing something.

You should know that I was on finasteride for a very long time before I jumped on dutasteride.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just betting on Follica because in my opinion that is the real cure rather than hair multiplication and transplant. If we are to literally create new follicles then we have won the game.

Regenerative medicine will always be superior to transplant, be it hair or vital organs.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Honestly, at this moment I don't know if it's the microneedling 3 times a week or the dutasteride that is doing this magic to my hair. Now even with wet hair half of my bald spot has disappeared. It's going fast and changing every month.

It would be depressing to know that dutasteride was actually responsible because I like the picture released by Follica which shows a change in less than 3 months and I seen a very similar reduction in bald spot like that guy in the pic. It only coincided with needling every other day(now I'm doing this 3 times a week and I intend to do that until I recover everything).

All I can tell you guys right now is that before increasing the frequency of needling I had nothing but tiny hair all over my hairline which rarely increased in length and they were so thin that I needed my phone's flashlight to see. Only a few of them went terminal and kept improving in thickness, but now I'm say way more hair go terminal. It's legitimate regrowth.

I'll wait just 3-4 months more to post before and after pictures to show a more dramatic improvement, but at the very least you guys must try higher frequency needling and apply minoxidil immediately afterwards to see if frequency is superior to depth when we don't have the compound that Follica has to literally regrow new follicles.

Until then I now think it's actually the increased absorption and the increased blood flow to the area we are needling that is actually doing something.

You should know that I was on finasteride for a very long time before I jumped on dutasteride.

I wonder the same thing, would be interesting to compare results from people who wound heavily 1 time every week vs guys who roll ligthly every other day

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What size needle are you using (and other people who needle that frequently)?

Do you use a roller or a pen?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

You’re using Minoxidil?

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
Iv bein rolling for 9 months nothing major at all in terms of results if any to be honest,1.5mm dermaroller once a week with minoxidil twice a day,bein using minoxidil for 7 years,i dont apply minoxidil straight after as worried about systematic side effects so i wait a good few hours,i have recently noticed when i needle i hardly bleed ? Before i was bleeding bad,but now it does not bleed just goes very red? Anyone else had this ? Thanks

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder the same thing, would be interesting to compare results from people who wound heavily 1 time every week vs guys who roll ligthly every other day

I'm not rolling lightly. I'm using a pen at 1.00mm setting and doing what @arromanus did but only 3 times a week. I've tried multiple different frequencies but my scalp thanks me for not going completely nuts with it.

I don't bleed apart from very few pin pricks which are definitely from the pen getting stuck. A week has 7 days which gives me the opportunity to use that extra day off when I've overdone it. If I think I'm still too sore to go through it again than I'll take two days off. But I usually recover in the next 48 hours.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What size needle are you using (and other people who needle that frequently)?

Do you use a roller or a pen?

12 needles cartridges and 1.00mm lenght

Now only the pen with bulk cartridges bought from China. It cost's me 24USD to buy 16 which I only use once. Recently I've been worrying about infections so I'm willing to spend high because I know I don't have to do this forever.

I disinfect the new needles properly too even though they come packed.