Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
44 years old. NW7. Dermarolling 0,5 mm daily. 1mm once a week. Minoxidil 5% 2xday. Biotin 10,000 1x day, Saw Palmetto 3000Mg 1xday. Collagen Pulver 2xweek. (7 months results).

Tested years ago minoxidil and finasteride with no significant results. I´m recovering hair even in areas like the front line and temples that have been bald for 20 years.

I still have a long way to go but I believe that the key to success is patience.
Are all those after pictures of the results? or are they a combination of before and after?

AAgassi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are all those after pictures of the results? or are they a combination of before and after?
Before/After.
They are about 4 months ago aprox and today.
The last 3 months when I have started to have a more cosmetically visible results.

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before/After.
They are about 4 months ago aprox and today.
The last 3 months when I have started to have a more cosmetically visible results.
So before you started microneedling with minoxidil were you slick bald or just really thin on top of your scalp?

AAgassi

My Regimen
Reaction score
So before you started microneedling with minoxidil were you slick bald or just really thin on top of your scalp?

It was practically like in the first before photo, very thin on top and no little black dots. Now I have many small black dots where new hair begins to be born apart from the one that has already grown.

Attachments

• comp3.jpg
    comp3.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 639

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was practically like in the first before photo, very thin on top and no little black dots. Now I have many small black dots where new hair begins to be born apart from the one that has already grown.
How long have u been rolling + minoxidil?

PRM

Reaction score

Great results.
Do you apply minoxidil right after your microneedling session? And how many needles do you use in your Dermapen?

Thanks!

AlwaysSouth

My Regimen
Reaction score
44 years old. NW7. Dermarolling 0,5 mm daily. 1mm once a week. Minoxidil 5% 2xday. Biotin 10,000 1x day, Saw Palmetto 3000Mg 1xday. Collagen Pulver 2xweek. (7 months results).

Tested years ago minoxidil and finasteride with no significant results. I´m recovering hair even in areas like the front line and temples that have been bald for 20 years.

I still have a long way to go but I believe that the key to success is patience.

Congrats. Nice results.
Pardon my ignorance. Saw Palmetto 3000Mg 1xday. Collagen Pulver 2xweek both oral?

AAgassi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results.
Do you apply minoxidil right after your microneedling session? And how many needles do you use in your Dermapen?

Thanks!

I apply minoxidil BEFORE when I use the 0.5 mm, apply minoxidil, massage with my hands and finish the dermaroller without doing too much force (just until i see some redness). 1 time a week i use 1mm applying more force and I do not apply Minoxidil until the next day. I use Dermaroller no Dermapen.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is 1.5mm safe to use? It seems most folks use smaller needles. 1.5 is what they used in some of the studies I read, but I'm concerned about whether I'm maybe playing with fire going with something that big at home when I have long hair and can't clean my scalp well before needling. I'm concerned about a potential infection.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is 1.5mm safe to use? It seems most folks use smaller needles. 1.5 is what they used in some of the studies I read, but I'm concerned about whether I'm maybe playing with fire going with something that big at home when I have long hair and can't clean my scalp well before needling. I'm concerned about a potential infection.

Yes, 1.5mm is safe to use, the chances of getting an infection from dermarolling/stamping is miniscule.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The needles size doesnt matter. Lots of people say 1.5mm (including the studies) but they stamp/roll very lightly, so they are at most going 0.5mm- 0.75mm deep into the skin. Thats why you always have to ask people if they go for blood on their sessions. Thats how you know how deep they go. If theres blood, they go 1-1.5mm deep. If theres no blood, its like 0.5mm.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The needles size doesnt matter. Lots of people say 1.5mm (including the studies) but they stamp/roll very lightly, so they are at most going 0.5mm- 0.75mm deep into the skin. Thats why you always have to ask people if they go for blood on their sessions. Thats how you know how deep they go. If theres blood, they go 1-1.5mm deep. If theres no blood, its like 0.5mm.

Not necessarily. I agree that you don't have to go deep, but you can't tell how deep you are going by whether or not there's blood. There is one area on my scalp that really hurts to needle at 1.5mm, the rest of my scalp does not hurt so much. That one area does bleed slightly when using a pen at 1.5mm for several passes. The rest of my scalp does not bleed at all at that depth. With the pen you know how deep you are actually going, so 1-1.5mm does not necessarily draw blood. It depends on how thick your skin is.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if using a 1.5mm dermapen would be less painful than a 1.5mm dermastamp?

I tried dermastamping 1.5mm ages ago but the pain and inconvenience stopped me persisting.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if using a 1.5mm dermapen would be less painful than a 1.5mm dermastamp?

I tried dermastamping 1.5mm ages ago but the pain and inconvenience stopped me persisting.
Its less painful because a stamp actuall causes puncture wounds, instead of tearing your skin open like a roller.
But the difference in pain is going to be largerly dependent on how you use it, not wether it is a stamp or a roller.
Stamping hurt you more in the past because you went deeper into the skin with it. I really dont understand why so many people in this thread needle without a numbing cream. I get tears in my eyes even when i use one

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its less painful because a stamp actuall causes puncture wounds, instead of tearing your skin open like a roller.
But the difference in pain is going to be largerly dependent on how you use it, not wether it is a stamp or a roller.
Stamping hurt you more in the past because you went deeper into the skin with it. I really dont understand why so many people in this thread needle without a numbing cream. I get tears in my eyes even when i use one

using numbing cream is just messy, plus your bodies natural painkillers kick in not long after you start, no pain no gain.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
using numbing cream is just messy, plus your bodies natural painkillers kick in not long after you start, no pain no gain.
I prefer "messy" over enduring extreme pain and potentially dropping a treatment because of it.
I dont know what kind of "natural" painkillers you have but if i go 1.5mm deep into my skin, it hurts no matter what i do. Even with a numbing cream.
Obviously none of this is needed for mild needling

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx for your answer . Damn so you're drinking 10 ml of castor oil per day that's a lot if remember properly swiss temple used to say that dosage above 2ml would theorically have hypertrichosis like effect , do you see an increase of eyebrow or eylashes hair too?

One last thing i would like to ask you is are you sure this brand is safe for oral consumption? because i already tried to take castor oil orally but never went above a 1.5ml dosage per day and used a "coumpounded " castor oil my local pharmacy made me but i always suggested that my lack of result was due to the way they coumpounded it ; if so i will try to buy that " naissance" brand if its safe for oral consumption and will report my results after a few months
Sorry i missed your response.
Yeah 10ml is quite alot, but its tolerable. I dont know if it did anything for my eyebrows, i didnt pay attention to it. It definetely made hairs on the side of my head grow though, where i dont even have hairloss. As i said before though, nothing happened with my hairline after that quite impressive, initial growth spurt. Its weird.
Oral castor oil doesnt exist. So debating wether or not its safe for oral use is pointless. There is no "safer" or "riskier" castor oil. Its all ricinoleic acid which is broken down into the benefical prostaglandines in your body. Its all the same stuff.