GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@IrishFella the hell are you here? A dense NW0....

If you know my story you know. Is this place only for advanced baldness?

I started finasteride at 23. Im 31 now. Just start min and rolling in July.

Lol at Norwood 0 though. Trick of the camera. I wish I was nw0

Attachments

• 1572968883637274876875.jpg
    1572968883637274876875.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 823

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks fantastic! I second @Pigeon’s Question...

Im a seven year finasteride user who just started min and rolling and is seeing regrowth. Surely thats enough reason to post, regardless of hair status?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys have to start trying it more frequently throughout the week at a lower setting like 1.0 mm or even 0.75 as long as you get red skin. I've been doing this recently 5 times a week like @arromanus was doing and so many tiny hairs have showed up on my hairline in just a couple of weeks.

After this I did more research and this doctor who is one of the best in the world in his knowledge of microneedling said that this process itself is supposed to do these three things.

1. Increase the absorption of the topical.
2. Stimulate growth factors and skin recovery.
3. Upregulation of genes.

Dr. Lance Setterfield is the one I'm talking about here.

https://www.needlingguide.com/wp-co...of-Genes-at-the-Dermal-Epidermal-Junction.pdf

According to him, doing this more often is very much worth a try as long as you achieve "erythema of the skin" and apply a topical afterwards and not before. In his research doing it more times a week ended up being better when compared to doing it with longer periods of no needling in between.

I know you guys will look at these pictures and say that these are skin problems and not hair problems but you can't deny that many here who needled almost everyday got MAGICAL results. This is worth a try.

You're right, I am going to say that this has nothing to do with hair. At the same time I also know that people who needled ever day on this forum got terrific regrowth. If you look at this chart you see why needling every day is counterintuitive, but it's hard to argue with results. If my progress stalls out I will consider trying this. I'm hoping that Follica will clear things up for us when they release their trial data. I'm worried they won't even trial daily needling though as it would be hard to convince consumers to pay for a treatment that requires daily torture.

Attachments

• TutCVm5.jpg
    TutCVm5.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 403

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 131275 View attachment 131276 View attachment 131278

Top image is right temple. Check out the dark hairs growing around temporal points. They're new and getting stronger.

I dont even remember my temporal points having hair there! Long may it continue.

Bottom image is left side hairline. That was thinning fast but it looks like better now.

Temporal points will require consistent microneedling or you will lose them again. I got a bit annoyed because of the weird sort of pain there and stopped and I lost my points which started to make me look younger.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right, I am going to say that this has nothing to do with hair. At the same time I also know that people who needled ever day on this forum got terrific regrowth. If you look at this chart you see why needling every day is counterintuitive, but it's hard to argue with results. If my progress stalls out I will consider trying this. I'm hoping that Follica will clear things up for us when they release their trial data. I'm worried they won't even trial daily needling though as it would be hard to convince consumers to pay for a treatment that requires daily torture.

You gotta avoid that chart because these doctors/scientists are doing new research that is starting to prove the opposite. They are getting better results even with collagen production and reversing aging when they needled smaller length but more frequently. It has indeed become hard to argue with those type of results from higher frequency dermarolling.

I decided to post this finding because if there are people who did not get desired results with the weekly or two times a month frequency, then they can do this and finally see if it works or not for them. We gotta experiment on ourselves.

I'm doing it 4 times a week because that's the best I can do right now to see what happens.

I have a 0.5mm roller and I'll be pressing down that son of a b**ch hard and roll. I'll report back in a couple of months.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You gotta avoid that chart because these doctors/scientists are doing new research that is starting to prove the opposite. They are getting better results even with collagen production and reversing aging when they needled smaller length but more frequently. It has indeed become hard to argue with those type of results from higher frequency dermarolling.

I decided to post this finding because if there are people who did not get desired results with the weekly or two times a month frequency, then they can do this and finally see if it works or not for them. We gotta experiment on ourselves.

I'm doing it 4 times a week because that's the best I can do right now to see what happens.

I have a 0.5mm roller and I'll be pressing down that son of a b**ch hard and roll. I'll report back in a couple of months.

That paper you linked to is the first research I've seen to show otherwise. I wouldn't ignore facts just because of one paper. It doesn't disprove what we know about wound healing. I read the paper, and it doesn't go against that chart at all. It says that we can wound less deeply and still upregulate collagen production and VEGF among other things while avoiding the inflammation that comes with going deeper, and this allows us to needle more frequently. I haven't really done much research on repairing skin damage, but it's certainly an interesting idea. As far as hair goes, these depths may not be enough to activate stem cells in the DP, but it would still promote VEGF. My hunch is that deep wounding once a month combined with shallow wounding daily would provide the best results. I think @Somebody was using 1.5mm once a week and a smaller roller daily, and he had the best success I've ever seen.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im stopping topical, qgain the foam brand i used have stopped production or something, i loved that stuff but can't get a hold of it anymore. Hate other foam brands and hate using liquid. I will continue dermarolling with 2.5mm at night and taking 10mg oral minoxidil will update if i lose any ground. Would be interesting to see if i can maintain the results i have with just dermarolling and oral minoxidil.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m doing 1.5mm weekly then topping up with light rolling in the week, it’s not really based on anything. I’m using NGF/The Ordinary and soon to add Zix as topical. Will update on what happens. Anecdotally I have next to no shedding since NGF but that could be anything as it seemed my shed could have been inflammation related, I get bad folliculitis

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two questions guys :

Is it better to microneedle/dermaroll when your hair is wet?

Does using a numbing cream is a good idea or not ? Which one would be the best then ?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two questions guys :

Is it better to microneedle/dermaroll when your hair is wet?

Does using a numbing cream is a good idea or not ? Which one would be the best then ?

For me it's easier to see problem areas when my hair is wet, since it looks like sh*t when wet so i know where to roll. Numbing cream isn't necessary imo, your bodies natural pain killers kick in when using a roller or pen not long after you start.

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wondering is it normal for minoxidil to cause drowsiness? I do not know if its a combination of stress and/or bad diet but i feel tired all the time if it is minoxidil do you think taking a B complex vitamin or B12 will help with energy? I will continue to use minoxidil but I am hoping there is a way to combat tiredness if it is caused by minoxidil

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
havent been on this thread for a while. Stopped using my pen but thinking of starting again. Is most people still getting good results off 1x 1.5mm once a week?

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it's easier to see problem areas when my hair is wet, since it looks like sh*t when wet so i know where to roll. Numbing cream isn't necessary imo, your bodies natural pain killers kick in when using a roller or pen not long after you start.

I meant a cream to help the skin regenerate, to speed up the process.

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im stopping topical, qgain the foam brand i used have stopped production or something, i loved that stuff but can't get a hold of it anymore. Hate other foam brands and hate using liquid. I will continue dermarolling with 2.5mm at night and taking 10mg oral minoxidil will update if i lose any ground. Would be interesting to see if i can maintain the results i have with just dermarolling and oral minoxidil.

Hey man i am also rollin' with 2.5mm but maybe 2x a week. If i understand correctly you do this every day? Don't you think this may be too much for your scalp? From my personal experience i can say that with this lenght of needles wounds can be pretty big/deep and i def need more time to heal in between sessions. Don't want to make some permanent damage to scalp or follicles for example

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man i am also rollin' with 2.5mm but maybe 2x a week. If i understand correctly you do this every day? Don't you think this may be too much for your scalp? From my personal experience i can say that with this lenght of needles wounds can be pretty big/deep and i def need more time to heal in between sessions. Don't want to make some permanent damage to scalp or follicles for example

I think if i was rolling very hard it would be too much, but i only roll with light to medium pressure, enough for redness and the odd blood spot but nothing too bad, my scalp is still a bit sensitive next day, but i still roll anyway, i don't think im doing any damage to my scalp imo.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That paper you linked to is the first research I've seen to show otherwise. I wouldn't ignore facts just because of one paper. It doesn't disprove what we know about wound healing. I read the paper, and it doesn't go against that chart at all. It says that we can wound less deeply and still upregulate collagen production and VEGF among other things while avoiding the inflammation that comes with going deeper, and this allows us to needle more frequently. I haven't really done much research on repairing skin damage, but it's certainly an interesting idea. As far as hair goes, these depths may not be enough to activate stem cells in the DP, but it would still promote VEGF. My hunch is that deep wounding once a month combined with shallow wounding daily would provide the best results. I think @Somebody was using 1.5mm once a week and a smaller roller daily, and he had the best success I've ever seen.

******** says the idea behind mild, daily needling is prostaglandines. Your skin is inflamed almost every hour of the day, and inflammation causes a spike in prostaglandines.
And we all know how effective good prostaglandines are for your hair