Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But what do these results say about the efficiency of dermarolling, when minoxidil was started at the same time? Nothing...

In my opinion and experience it says that there’s a synergistic effect at work. I used minoxidil on and off for a decade, nothing impressive especially like now, I tried dermarolling with 0.5mm years ago slim/fine vellus hair results nothing impressive like now, especially in just 3 months.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Howzit guys i decided today to post my results which may get updated again in future (with a new post ofcourse). Im not saying my results are amazing or crazy good, but one thing i can say is that THERE IS DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT! My hairline has improved and i cant see my scalp so much anymore. Other people have noticed it to. My temples is still a N2 or N3 but it looks so much fuller now.
BACK STORY
My back story is i always had really sorta thin straight hair which was pretty think in the front, never in my wildest imagination did i think id turn into one of these ugly bald guys(no offense to anyone haha).
I probably started balding at around 20 or 21, it might have been by 19 already but you dont notice it yet. Anyway it definitely started to become very noticable and i couldnt even hide it anymore- it made me hella deppressed and affected my life big time. I joined this forum some years ago hoping for a cure but the financial cost of a hait transplant was just not an option and i unfortunately had not done any research into minoxidil or finastide
So fast forward a few years of not doing anything and silently wishing id just die- ive decided to fight . Im now 25 and had lost alot ground around my temple areas , I'd say N3 or 4 maybe.

REGIME
In March 2019 i bought some 5% generic minoxidl(cheapie) and started taking that 2x daily . After i showered in the morning with slightly damp scalp- drying my hair and then applying minoxidil really made my hair look crappy so i do it while its wet , and then in the late evening. By April i had begun taking Biotin and Zinc tablets daily aswell. Nothing changed much in the start but i did notice much less hair falling off in the shower , less breakage and my hair just felt stronger. I then purchased a dermaroller and dermapen(cheapie the MYM pen on Ebay) around May.
I only started dermarolling around June and not consistently, 1.75m x once weekly.
It was painful at first and a bit of blood but its hard to draw blood now( as if my scalp has gotten used to it). I can see lots of tiny new hairs on my temples, it looks denser and fuller then in the beginning of the year.

I currently apply minoxidil only at night every day now and dermaroll at mild 1mil before applying minoxidil. I still dermaroll at 1.75 most weekends on Saterday

TLDR
balding N3-N4
minoxidil 5% once daily
DermaRolling mild rolling every day and 1.75 once a week
Biotin and zinc tablets everyday

One last thing id like to add - get a decent haircut. It will make the world of difference, even if you have to cut it more often to keep it looking proper. Its definitely boosted my confidence again loads.

View attachment 127063

View attachment 127066
View attachment 127069
View attachment 127071
2019 before minoxidil
View attachment 127072
View attachment 127073
After minoxidil + dermarolling
View attachment 127074
View attachment 127075
About 2months ago
View attachment 127084
View attachment 127082
View attachment 127083
Pics taken other day
View attachment 127077
View attachment 127078
View attachment 127079
View attachment 127080

Pretty good. I just hope you assess the androgen issue before gains start to fade.

Btw, how mild is mild, when it comes to pressing on the daily routine? I assume it's a 2mm dermaroller or 1.75mm and you press.. how deep? how do you know how deep it goes? its the problem I see with doing it daily without a a dermapen where you have full control of deepness or at least a roller with nails as long as you want to penetrate tops (so for instance a roll with 0.25mm nails if that's as deep as you want to go)

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking at the results so far, the Big-3 should now be changed to Big-4. Almost everyone who started dermarolling at the same time as starting other treatments has seen massive improvement. Dermarolling boosts results quite a lot.

And btw, for anyone doubting the efficacy of dermarolling when used along minoxidil. I used minoxidil for 2 years without much results. Initially my hair did improve but it quickly deterioriated after the standard minoxidil growth period. After an year of starting minoxidil, my hair was in much worse condition.
I started daily mild rolling and I am noticing slow but gradual improvement. Hope the improvement continues. Will post my results after I complete atleast 8 months.

Last edited:

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive just started a 3 month course of entocort 9mg for an illness.

Corticosteroids better not f*** with my hair!

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know where/how to purchase raspberry ketone and cinnamaldehyde powder? I'm aware that these have been discounted in the past as "worthless" but I'd like to add to my regimen to see if the needling will help absorption and kick some of these vellous temple hairs I've started seeing into high gear.

I've tried purchasing from a couple of companies but I keep getting told that because I'm not a lab/business they can't sell to me. BTW I'm in the US.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive just started a 3 month course of entocort 9mg for an illness.

Corticosteroids better not f*** with my hair!

Crohn Dissease ;) ?
Entocort is very good drug, especially if the inflammation is located near Ileum ;)
Don't worry about your hair because entocort has a very low systemic effect ;) Trust me, not a problem !
Hope you good relief with entocort ;)

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crohn Dissease ;) ?
Entocort is very good drug, especially if the inflammation is located near Ileum ;)
Don't worry about your hair because entocort has a very low systemic effect ;) Trust me, not a problem !
Hope you good relief with entocort ;)

Yes sir. Everything was fine and bam. Acute attack over the weekend. Appreciate the words of solace!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where have the naysayers disappeared to? "aNdRogEns wIlL oVerPoWeR tHis wIlL fAiL'

Nah pals, DHT aint got sh*t on self harming our Freddy Krueger lookin *** scalps (with hair) , Freddy you can finally take your hat off now

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm struggling to get my scalp red with a 1.5 roller. I know I'm going deeper than 0.5mm because it hurts way more, do I need to press real hard?

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey fellas, back again. But not with a hair update, although somewhat related to wounding. Pics of 20 weeks should be coming in about 4/5 weeks btw.

Anyway my lady works at a medical spa and yesterday i visited her and she performed a microneedling session on my face using what I believe is called a rejuvapen. The one that plugs into a cord and has 6 needles/pins per cartridge. Very interesting experience.

When I dermaroll, I don't use any numbing cream, so I'm used to being in agony during wounding. She used 5% lidocaine and I barely felt anything. Only spot it hurt was on the bridge of the nose and the nostrils. Bled a bit and I definitely am sporting a sunburn type look on my cheeks and forehead.

But I dug the whole experience. Perhaps it was because someone else was in charge of the wounding. Or perhaps the method of wounding was electric and not manual. Or even that a numbing cream was used and barely felt anything. I dunno. Cool experience.

But no way I'm doing it again tho. It was free this time. But they charge like 500 bucks for a session like I had done. No way I'm doing that for any amount of money. I'll keep my wrinkles thank you very much!

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey fellas, back again. But not with a hair update, although somewhat related to wounding. Pics of 20 weeks should be coming in about 4/5 weeks btw.

Anyway my lady works at a medical spa and yesterday i visited her and she performed a microneedling session on my face using what I believe is called a rejuvapen. The one that plugs into a cord and has 6 needles/pins per cartridge. Very interesting experience.

When I dermaroll, I don't use any numbing cream, so I'm used to being in agony during wounding. She used 5% lidocaine and I barely felt anything. Only spot it hurt was on the bridge of the nose and the nostrils. Bled a bit and I definitely am sporting a sunburn type look on my cheeks and forehead.

But I dug the whole experience. Perhaps it was because someone else was in charge of the wounding. Or perhaps the method of wounding was electric and not manual. Or even that a numbing cream was used and barely felt anything. I dunno. Cool experience.

But no way I'm doing it again tho. It was free this time. But they charge like 500 bucks for a session like I had done. No way I'm doing that for any amount of money. I'll keep my wrinkles thank you very much!
no need to pay 500 bucks, buy a cheap dermapen and numbing cream and your lady can do it for you at home !!

Sigara

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm struggling to get my scalp red with a 1.5 roller. I know I'm going deeper than 0.5mm because it hurts way more, do I need to press real hard?
If I use 1.5 its bleeds immediatly. Funny how different scalps are. I would at first try to roll more often over an aera before applying to much pressure.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all, haven't posted in a while, haven't been able to. I jump in and read this thread every couple days though. Good to continue to see positives from different people. I'm about 8 months in. I have been wounding hard every 21 days or so with my DR Pen. I basically go over all areas like 15-20 times.

Results are still very positive - I'm a diffuse thinner in the mid and crown, and some recession at the hairline but mostly diffuse as well. All areas continue to thicken month by month. Its a slow process but there is definitely great progress month to month. Its like every 6 weeks i notice something new.

I keep my hair short. So the thickening has definitely had a positive impact in how clean and neat my hair looks. Honestly even if i never saw future progress this has been a huge win so far. But i see no reason why it can't continue. Def will take pics around the one year mark in december.

CapiLarry

Reaction score
Hello all, haven't posted in a while, haven't been able to. I jump in and read this thread every couple days though. Good to continue to see positives from different people. I'm about 8 months in. I have been wounding hard every 21 days or so with my DR Pen. I basically go over all areas like 15-20 times.

Results are still very positive - I'm a diffuse thinner in the mid and crown, and some recession at the hairline but mostly diffuse as well. All areas continue to thicken month by month. Its a slow process but there is definitely great progress month to month. Its like every 6 weeks i notice something new.

I keep my hair short. So the thickening has definitely had a positive impact in how clean and neat my hair looks. Honestly even if i never saw future progress this has been a huge win so far. But i see no reason why it can't continue. Def will take pics around the one year mark in december.
what else besides wounding is part of your regime? finasteride or Min or something else?

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Like @tzt said get a dermapan from Ali or chinese website. Its like 30 bucks n the cartridge is like 1$ which you can reuse if well cleaned. I can't always see what I am doing on the crown/back area and often call on some1 for help but I do still feel the pain if not more when some1 else does it. Actually like I posted a couple of times in here b4 I seem to bleed at 0.75mm .

There is also the issue of hair length. I don't think we discuss this a lot, but I feel the depth should be changed based on hair density. If you have lots of hairs and they are not short, you don't feel the needles much so I think one should increase length, but when you are on a bald spot the needles go right in and even 0.5mm would make you bleed or get reddish skin at least.
I am suspecting she used 0.25mm depth on you and that's why you didn't feel much?

Last edited:

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My temples are recovering quicker than my crown. Any one know why this could be happening?

Same here. It used to be the opposite when I was younger. My crown area responded well to treatments. Better than my temples and hairline. Now my temples and hairline are recovering faster than my crown. I don’t even know if my crown is recovering or thickening at all tbh.