Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

SwirlySauce

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've consistently dermastamping for 3 - 4 months now, once a week at 1.5mm. I haven't seen any regrowth yet and I'm still losing hair along my hairline unfortunately.

I have noticed that I bleed a lot more now then when I first started. I did 0.5mm today and even that caused me to bleed (lots of blood spots).

Is this normal or is my technique not good?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Daily dermarolling is just for minoxidil absorption and potentially to tackle inflammation. You're not gonna see more results if you're only dermarolling.

SwirlySauce

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also should we all be using a different length for dermarolling when rolling the hairline as opposed to the top of the head?

The skin along my hairline doesn't feel that thick. Is 1.5mm too long and damaging my follices at that location?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also should we all be using a different length for dermarolling when rolling the hairline as opposed to the top of the head?

The skin along my hairline doesn't feel that thick. Is 1.5mm too long and damaging my follices at that location?

I use the same length all over, as did all the studies I have seen on dermarolling.

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling at 0.50mm is a different animal from needling at 1.00mm or more.

The shallower needling mostly helps absorption of topicals and it can safely be done pretty often. Greater depth has more to do with wound healing but it calls for much more recovery time.

I've noticed this just by experimenting with rolling. When I started I was doing 1.5mm once a week fairly roughly and minoxidil twice daily. I later decided to quit minoxidil because it gives me terrible dandruff and I still continued to get results for awhile. As soon as I started going easy on the rolling my results stopped, but I did maintain what I gained.

As of yesterday I'm going to experiment with 1.5mm every two weeks, but instead I'm going to be pressing harder and pass over my scalp more times. Right now I'm making 18 passes over my scalp, but after a month or two I may increase how hard I'm rolling.

I'm kind of being a guinea pig and testing different approaches. I'll keep everyone updated on what I find. I may add foam minoxidil later on if it doesn't give me dandruff.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have just cut the difference in the middle, between 0.5mm everyday or 1.5mm every 10 days, currently I am doing around 0.7mm every 4 days :) I basically just wait for the redness or scabs to go away and I needle and usually it's around 4 days.
I have a bunch of new hairs on the hairline, but don't think it's from the needling coz it's only been 1 month so I am thinking it's just normal hair growth. The shedding is confusing sometimes I feel it's the same, sometimes I feel it's gone down, but yeah still early to say. I stopped using the onion juice (only tried it once and never again) currently I am applying aloe vera right from the plant, I just cut it in the middle and rub it on my scalp, then microneedle after that.

dark souls

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 month in and my hair Looks worse than ever. However I dont have incresed shedding.
I needle 1,5mm weekly and use min for 6 years now.
I will probably try until Christmas and stop if I dont See any results.

Lele082

My Regimen
Reaction score
results after 1 year of
- finasteride - minoxidil
- 6 months of dermapen 1.5mm
Before
20190805_202719.jpg

After
20190805_202803.jpg

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are absolutely right on your analysis. Let me tell you my experience. 9 weeks ago When I started my regimen (after 9 days) I had a batch of hair that started growing. What I mean by batch is hairs that all grows at the same length. I take notes twice/week of it's length and I would see its progress. Well there is another batch of hair shorter than those hair's growing and was always confused as to why I see them until this morning when I look back at all my notes. Those batch of hair are a week after I switch from weekly needling to 3x/week needling and applying minoxidil right after. To me weekly is not the best luckily I switch just 3 weeks into my regimen
So aren't you essentially doing the same as taking oral minoxidil?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but may I ask where are all those reports? Can you please provide a link to the thread?
It was Somebody’s (Alex’s) results that sparked the dermarolling crazy several years ago. It ended in folks assuming that he was just a great responder to minx and finasteride (of course the rolling had a synergistic affect). I don’t have the link. If the thread still exists it was in the personal stories/journey section.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was Somebody’s (Alex’s) results that sparked the dermarolling crazy several years ago. It ended in folks assuming that he was just a great responder to minx and finasteride (of course the rolling had a synergistic affect). I don’t have the link. If the thread still exists it was in the personal stories/journey section.
OH, yeah I know Alex's story and regime very well. What I'm asking for is the numerous reports.of people rolling everyday and getting no improvements. I read Alex thread but I don't recall many people following the daily needling approach.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
OH, yeah I know Alex's story and regime very well. What I'm asking for is the numerous reports.of people rolling everyday and getting no improvements. I read Alex thread but I don't recall many people following the daily needling approach.

He was already an excellent responder to finasteride, minoxidil was just the icing on the cake.