Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline update. Waxed my hair up in progress picture to try show my hairline abit better
It's a bit hard to track in your case due to posts being spread:
What is your treatment history? I saw your current regimen on your profile, but for how long are you already using minoxidil? Did you start minoxidil and derma rolling at the same time or did you use minoxidil before? If so, since when?

@sticksman : Same question for you. Your regimen is not on your profile, so what's your current one and what is your history?

Can anyone who is NOT on finasteride and who has already been on minoxidil for a while report success with daily needling?

I took a break from needling every two weeks the last two months. All in all I needled at 1.75 mm for more than 6 months without any results whatsoever. Have been on minoxidil for a long time before needling. Now I'm hoping that daily needling might do the trick, even though the fact that I had literally zero results from needling every two weeks (plus minoxidil) makes me not very optimistic.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your treatment history? I saw your current regimen on your profile, but for how long are you already using minoxidil? Did you start minoxidil and derma rolling at the same time or did you use minoxidil before? If so, since when?

@sticksman : Same question for you. Your regimen is not on your profile, so what's your current one and what is your history?

Can anyone who is NOT on finasteride and who has already been on minoxidil for a while report success with daily needling?

I took a break from needling every two weeks the last two months. All in all I needled at 1.75 mm for more than 6 months without any results whatsoever. Have been on minoxidil for a long time before needling. Now I'm hoping that daily needling might do the trick, even though the fact that I had literally zero results from needling every two weeks (plus minoxidil) makes me not very optimistic.
I used minoxidil for 2 years but gave it up as It didnt do anything. A year later i tried minoxidil with dermrolling after seeing the results on here

sticksman

My Regimen
Reaction score

everday roll gently with 1mm then apply minoxidil right after. Not sure how much more it will improve but gonna give it 5 more months

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hmm, i was gonna test out needling every 2 weeks to see if thats better than once a week.
Did you draw blood on your sessions?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline update. Waxed my hair up in progress picture to try show my hairline abit better

Your recovery has been magnificent, my friend. f*****g glorious.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you supposed to draw blood when doing this, or just induce redness? Also, is 1x per week sufficient? Is there any FAQ on dermarolling in this thread or elsewhere?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you supposed to draw blood when doing this, or just induce redness? Also, is 1x per week sufficient? Is there any FAQ on dermarolling in this thread or elsewhere?
"Are you supposed to draw blood when doing this, or just induce redness? Also, is 1x per week sufficient?"
Thats what we've been trying to figure out for the past several months

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a vein/blood vessel on the right side that goes from the temple area down towards the eye that has been engorged for a day now since I microneedled last. My eyes hurt a bit also. Has anyone had that b4? I might have overdone it. I microneedled the sides above my ears all the way towards the back of the neck coz I seem to be losing hair there too so I figured I'll do that too in addition to the rest. Not sure if that's what caused it. I am hoping by tomorrow it will clear out.
Is this related in anyway to infected lymphs that some have mentioned in here b4 or is that not part of the symptoms?

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a vein/blood vessel on the right side that goes from the temple area down towards the eye that has been engorged for a day now since I microneedled last. My eyes hurt a bit also. Has anyone had that b4? I might have overdone it. I microneedled the sides above my ears all the way towards the back of the neck coz I seem to be losing hair there too so I figured I'll do that too in addition to the rest. Not sure if that's what caused it. I am hoping by tomorrow it will clear out.
Is this related in anyway to infected lymphs that some have mentioned in here b4 or is that not part of the symptoms?

Hope it gets better for you. Don't go too deep less than .75mm or don't needle there. I loss hair above my ear and nap too so I microneedle everywhere. But had to quite above my ears because I wear glasses and it rub my skin and got infected.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, i was gonna test out needling every 2 weeks to see if thats better than once a week.
Did you draw blood on your sessions?
Yes, always drew blood, but not too much.

I really don't know if the protocol should be different for everyone or not, or if it only works for people who haven't been on minoxidil before (or for long), or if my needling at 1.75 mm all the way in is too deep, or if needling daily would be better...

While it has given me no results whatsoever I still recommend you to try, you never know, maybe you'll be lucky and get results.

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey again guys.

Been a few weeks, but I thought I'd add another picture just to give some guys some added encouragement to stick with it.

I know a lot of guys just follow this thread for the before and after pics. So just adding 1 more just to keep everyone determined and focused.

It hasn't been even 3 weeks since my last post with before and after pics at 12 weeks. Now nearly at 15 weeks I thought I'd add another before and after of my left temple.

From left to right: May 22nd. July 23rd. August 10th.

Judge for yourselves. And most of all, stay with it....AND ROLL HARD.

Attachments

• 20190810_164113.jpg
    20190810_164113.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,034

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's another one before I slumber off to bed. It's taken at an angle that I did not include in my original post back 20+ pages ago. Mostly because my hair looked dreadful. It was shocking to see when I took it back in May.

But it really does show a marked improvement that nobody can deny.

WOUND HARD. no pain no ga.... blah blah blah.

Attachments

• 20190810_203754.jpg
    20190810_203754.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 921

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's another one before I slumber off to bed. It's taken at an angle that I did not include in my original post back 20+ pages ago. Mostly because my hair looked dreadful. It was shocking to see when I took it back in May.

But it really does show a marked improvement that nobody can deny.

WOUND HARD. no pain no ga.... blah blah blah.

That’s definitely some real good progress man!

How many times do you dermaroll per week?

INT

Reaction score
Hey again guys.

Been a few weeks, but I thought I'd add another picture just to give some guys some added encouragement to stick with it.

I know a lot of guys just follow this thread for the before and after pics. So just adding 1 more just to keep everyone determined and focused.

It hasn't been even 3 weeks since my last post with before and after pics at 12 weeks. Now nearly at 15 weeks I thought I'd add another before and after of my left temple.

From left to right: May 22nd. July 23rd. August 10th.

Judge for yourselves. And most of all, stay with it....AND ROLL HARD.

Is this from only dermarolling?

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I avoided it by taking Dutasteride and Finesteride at the same time and I intend to take this until December when I will switch to dutasteride and finasteride on an alternating basis to offset Dutasteride's high costs.

Nothing happened to my crown on min + finasteride + rolling but hairline started regrowing. I've been on dutasteride for 60 or so day and the crown is starting to look more denser as if it's closing in on the bald spot(diffuse thinning type bald spot with hair still there but see through). It's really a magical drug if you don't get side effects.

You got any sides?

My libido dropped rapidly for the first 10-15 days but then it went up to teenage levels. My libido is still high, but I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing long term. It's not tapering off to normal levels. Apart from that no other side effects.

Seem like I'm doing great on finastaride but my crown hasn't improve either. Do you recommend switching to dutasteride in the future?