Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s okay if you don’t want to answer, but does your father have Androgenetic Alopecia, and how about any siblings? Curious about the genetics of fphl and whether it is passed on to male family members
All my mother’s brothers are NW5 to NW7. My father was a full head till mid 50s, but now he has DUPA, real massive thinning all over. My older brother is shiny NW6. And my little brother is diffuse thinning at 16. One of my sisters has female pattern baldness.

Androgenic alopecia is strong in my family, along with being very hairy from my mom’s side. but we seem to also respond well to treatment. My uncle took minoxidil only as a slick bald NW6 and saw results within a few months, but he stopped.
I’m the only one fighting it with finasteride/dutasteride.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All my mother’s brothers are NW5 to NW7. My father was a full head till mid 50s, but now he has DUPA, real massive thinning all over. My older brother is shiny NW6. And my little brother is diffuse thinning at 16. One of my sisters has female pattern baldness.

Androgenic alopecia is strong in my family, along with being very hairy from my mom’s side. but we seem to also respond well to treatment. My uncle took minoxidil only as a slick bald NW6 and saw results within a few months, but he stopped.
I’m the only one fighting it with finasteride/dutasteride.
Thanks, and good luck with your fight, hopefully newer and better treatments will come along. Needling seems to show some promise it seems. It’s working for me.

I read a few papers that suggested in South Asian and East Asian ethnic groups, it’s the paternal line that matters, and the maternal side of the family have no bearing. Lol are you Asian?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, and good luck with your fight, hopefully newer and better treatments will come along. Needling seems to show some promise it seems. It’s working for me.

I read a few papers that suggested in South Asian and East Asian ethnic groups, it’s the paternal line that matters, and the maternal side of the family have no bearing. Lol are you Asian?
Neither South Asian or East Asian.

sinusoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
After numerous false starts and various experimentation periods with dermaneedling over the past 2 years I'm starting to believe that once weekly is mostly a waste of time and every day with minoxidil right after is the golden ticket. Currently I'm stamping at least once EOD at around 0.5mm and applying minoxidil immediately after. Once every 7-10 days I do a 2mm deep session, but still apply minoxidil afterwards.

In just 3 weeks of this routine I have an outline of new dark black hairs sprouting all along my original hairline where I've been 90% slick bald for years.

There are studies regarding minoxidil's effect on wound healing and I'm starting to think there is a synergistic effect between needling and minoxidil that goes deeper than just increased absorption.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling at 0.50mm is a different animal from needling at 1.00mm or more.

The shallower needling mostly helps absorption of topicals and it can safely be done pretty often. Greater depth has more to do with wound healing but it calls for much more recovery time.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After numerous false starts and various experimentation periods with dermaneedling over the past 2 years I'm starting to believe that once weekly is mostly a waste of time and every day with minoxidil right after is the golden ticket. Currently I'm stamping at least once EOD at around 0.5mm and applying minoxidil immediately after. Once every 7-10 days I do a 2mm deep session, but still apply minoxidil afterwards.

In just 3 weeks of this routine I have an outline of new dark black hairs sprouting all along my original hairline where I've been 90% slick bald for years.

There are studies regarding minoxidil's effect on wound healing and I'm starting to think there is a synergistic effect between needling and minoxidil that goes deeper than just increased absorption.

Thinking of giving this a try but worried about side effects when minoxidil hits the blood stream after absorbtion. Are you applying then min just once a day as well?

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those who want to give everyday needling a try please read this:

1. AlexSomebody actually uses a 1.5mm dermaroller and rolls only the weight of dermaroller itself. I personally apply just a tiny bit of pressure and extra speed to get that extra soreness.

2. DO NOT BUY 0.5mm dermaroller. It is a f*****g waste of money.

3. If you do not want to use 1.5 mm because you are worried that you may not get the right penetration for daily frequency or eod frequency then using a 1mm is your best bet. You can apply full pressure on that.

Try it on your worst possible scalp area with maximum hair loss to find out it's potential, or you will be f*****g confused forever if higher frequency works for you or not.

Thanks for the Instruktions. I assume you combine this with minoxidil right after? Is that correct?

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

keep us in touch of your progress !!!!!

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
If needling causes growth factors to be released would it still be doing that at 0.5mm? At that point it is simply about increasing min absorption right? So why do this instead of taking oral min?

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Absolutely, daily dermarolling is the best way, I've been doing that for a 4months with good results

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will caution everyone..... this has been done before (daily rolling) by lots of people, following Somebody’s routine. To my knowledge, no one had the results that Somebody experienced.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree with you regarding the weekly rolling session. I've rolled weekly (mild erythmea) and every 3 weeks (drew blood) and the latter was far superior in growing actual hair. I've also used a Derminator which wasn't helpful at all.

Lele082

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi sorry my english Updating my situation: my regime is: dermapen 1,5mm 10% of minoxidil sulfate with addition of alpha estradiol 0.1 guys, i can assure you that 10% of minoxidyl sulfate is much more effective than 5% of base. Since I switched from base to sulfate, my fall has completely stopped and studies show that with 10% sulphate there was a clear 97% improvement in the regrowth of over 44 people. Seeing is believing. I'm experiencing some absurd improvements.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While its cool that people are experimenting and seeing results, a lot of us have just started our regimens.

Instead of suggesting, keep us updated. Because it makes one tinker with their regimen and people SHOULDNT do that until at least 6 months, maybe a year before they add something new.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi sorry my english Updating my situation: my regime is: dermapen 1,5mm 10% of minoxidil sulfate with addition of alpha estradiol 0.1 guys, i can assure you that 10% of minoxidyl sulfate is much more effective than 5% of base. Since I switched from base to sulfate, my fall has completely stopped and studies show that with 10% sulphate there was a clear 97% improvement in the regrowth of over 44 people. Seeing is believing. I'm experiencing some absurd improvements.

Where can I buy this?

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score

You are absolutely right on your analysis. Let me tell you my experience. 9 weeks ago When I started my regimen (after 9 days) I had a batch of hair that started growing. What I mean by batch is hairs that all grows at the same length. I take notes twice/week of it's length and I would see its progress. Well there is another batch of hair shorter than those hair's growing and was always confused as to why I see them until this morning when I look back at all my notes. Those batch of hair are a week after I switch from weekly needling to 3x/week needling and applying minoxidil right after. To me weekly is not the best luckily I switch just 3 weeks into my regimen

Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will caution everyone..... this has been done before (daily rolling) by lots of people, following Somebody’s routine. To my knowledge, no one had the results that Somebody experienced.
Thanks for the advice, but may I ask where are all those reports? Can you please provide a link to the thread?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Thanks, so according to you, derminator 0.5mm every day with minoxidil is the golden ticket ? With blood ? It's a bit shitty to do dermaneedling each days....no?