Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
So prp has been known to not work but there are rumors that combined with needling there's positive effect. Anyone else hear things about this?

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read my post again tard. It's 2 months not 3 weeks. Anyways Im happy with enough baby hair so I will stop using it for now
Are you sure it's not from over squinting while microneedling? Coz I have also noticed deeper forehead wrinkles and I am sure that's the reason coz they deepen right after my sessions. It's just very awkward microneedling while you look up at your scalp in the mirror to see what you are doing! My eyebrow muscles also tire and sometimes they stay a bit stuck up a few hours after I am done lol! And I don't use minoxidil or anything else, so it's just from overstressing my face muscles.. So I would imagine it would be worse for you, since you are using topicals known to give aging effects? And I have only done 3 sessions and I can already notice the wrinkles deepening, you have been at it longer.

Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing a personal experiment considering that I'm happy with the results in the front for now. I can afford to wait for further results in the front.

I'm gonna microneedle everyday with 0.5mm in the crown and no deep microneedling at all. If I'm doing both types of microneedling then we may not know if a higher frequency regimen is more effective or not.

At worse I'll go for 0.5 mm every other day which is still 15 sessions in a month compared to 4.

Also switched to minoxidil with finasteride in it 2 months ago and still nothing in the crown.
Of course you can know whether deep, weekly needling is better/worse than daily, shallow needling. Just do one on a side of your scalp, and the other one in the opposite side. We should take advantage of our bilateral symmetry.

Also, this experiment is being undertaken by me and by @longtimelurker. It would be great if more people jump into such an experiment.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not from over squinting while microneedling? Coz I have also noticed deeper forehead wrinkles and I am sure that's the reason coz they deepen right after my sessions. It's just very awkward microneedling while you look up at your scalp in the mirror to see what you are doing! My eyebrow muscles also tire and sometimes they stay a bit stuck up a few hours after I am done lol! And I don't use minoxidil or anything else, so it's just from overstressing my face muscles.. So I would imagine it would be worse for you, since you are using tropicals known to give aging effects? And I have only done 3 sessions and I can already notice the wrinkles deepening, you have been at it longer.

Thanks for the logical respond. That makes the biggest sense. All I know is that my line is getting deeper from 2 months ago. I needle 3x/week, so need to not squint and looking up. I'm just stating my experience and I have no reason to twist things. But there's guys popping out say "no you don't have any line". Lol When I am staring at it!!

Last edited:

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course you can know whether deep, weekly needling is better/worse than daily, shallow needling. Just do one on a side of your scalp, and the other one in the opposite side. We should take advantage of our bilateral symmetry.

Also, this experiment is being undertaken by me and by @longtimelurker. It would be great if more people jump into such an experiment.
Im doing that currently. 1.5mm/week on one side. mild needling on the other side, every second day

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not yet. I'm hoping another 6 months of microneedling and I'll get my crown back to where it was at 18 years old
Good luck. Your results look amazing.

Do you consider this a long term treatment plan? Or will you eventually stop after a while? I recall numbers guy mentioning that he still maintained after stopping for a while.. it’d be interesting to know how long it would take for it to return back to baseline.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So prp has been known to not work but there are rumors that combined with needling there's positive effect. Anyone else hear things about this?

I do PRP and needling at a dermatology clinic. I can’t tell you whether it’s the PRP, Needling, or both which has helped me. I’m happy with the results so I’m not inclined to figure out what exactly is helping.

There’s quite a few success stories here to tell me that perhaps needling does play a role. If you also recalls @westonci filled his crown a while back from nothing. He thought it might’ve been PGE2+seti+needling, but I have a suspicion it was the needling and PGE2.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not understand why people insist on using needles of more than a 1.5, or pressing hard enough to bleed.

A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted, which was considered as the end point of the procedure.
http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...lume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat

That is what I was thinking about for a while. Did they really press hard to achieve 1.5mm depth. If not perhaps 1mm or just 0.5mm is enough. I settled for 1mm every three weeks but nothing yet...but no minoxidil.

I am very curious what the results will be of @ToLGuy and @longtimelurker

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quitting dermarolling. Had swollen lymphnodes for over a week, horrible face pain and woke up last night with half of my face tingling. Seeing a doctor tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, does any of you guys use lidocaine or any other numbing cream before needling ? What's your experience with them ?

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do PRP and needling at a dermatology clinic. I can’t tell you whether it’s the PRP, Needling, or both which has helped me. I’m happy with the results so I’m not inclined to figure out what exactly is helping.

There’s quite a few success stories here to tell me that perhaps needling does play a role. If you also recalls @westonci filled his crown a while back from nothing. He thought it might’ve been PGE2+seti+needling, but I have a suspicion it was the needling and PGE2.

How much was your sessions and how often did you get it? Are you in the USA?

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quitting dermarolling. Had swollen lymphnodes for over a week, horrible face pain and woke up last night with half of my face tingling. Seeing a doctor tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.
Sorry about that. But are you sure it's from microneedling? And were you cleaning the needles properly b4 each use? Sounds scary. I wonder if alcohol/spirit actually kills off bacteria on the needles or just temporarily puts them to sleep?

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry about that. But are you sure it's from microneedling? And were you cleaning the needles properly b4 each use? Sounds scary. I wonder if alcohol/spirit actually kills off bacteria on the needles or just temporarily puts them to sleep?
It's either from microneedling or an extreme coincidence. I use a new, sterilised needle every time I've done it. I guess I'll know more tomorrow.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok crazy question but does semen in any way have similar collagen/healing inducing agents as in PRP :)
That thing creates life why not hair haha!

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck. Your results look amazing.

Do you consider this a long term treatment plan? Or will you eventually stop after a while? I recall numbers guy mentioning that he still maintained after stopping for a while.. it’d be interesting to know how long it would take for it to return back to baseline.
When I'm satisfied I will reduce needling to twice monthly. As for minoxidil I'm happy to apply that before bed for the rest of my life lol

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New tiny black hairs :) 3,5months
e2R8Jca.jpg

Before Minoxidil, Dermarolling, Nizoral

eU7G3pA.jpg

3 days ago I added to my regimen Diclofenac gel 5% and Tea tree oil

Last edited: