Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It’s 1000% the case that the most hateful homophobes that need to resort to using the F word like its 1998, are they themselves homosexual.

Your mother should really have opted for an abortion when pregnant with you....just a pathetic loser of wretched piece of sh*t you are, no doubt.

You are Balding.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are there any studies behind dutasteride mesotherapy it sounds interesting. I'll even take a bunch of testimonials where did you hear about this?
EDIT: I looked into it and there are studies behind it saying it's effective for hair loss and has no hormonal sides. How/ where do you do your mesotherapy? I wonder why this isn't much more common on hairloss forums.

On a clinic in France. Expect around 100 to 300€ per session depending on the clinic. It's the only sane treatment i've read thus far, that makes f*****g sense and sustainable long term, beside the same big 3 sh*t we've had for years. However, im not sure what the right dose and amount of yearly sessions would be best. Since it's inyected deep within the scalp, it also counts as needling of sorts

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a clinic in France. Expect around 100 to 300€ per session depending on the clinic. It's the only sane treatment i've read thus far, that makes f*****g sense and sustainable long term, beside the same big 3 sh*t we've had for years. However, im not sure what the right dose and amount of yearly sessions would be best. Since it's inyected deep within the scalp, it also counts as needling of sorts
Unfortunately for me it seems this is not being performed at all in America. I would be interested to see blood tests before and after the mesotherapy, but from a quick look at the studies it seems all good. I found a thread on here about doing it DIY with a mesotherapy gun from ebay and some kind of dutasteride concoction, but that sounds very risky to me. Damn. If anyone knows how to find clinics in America performing this please lmk

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I also agree with @Liquidbanana

At first drawing blood will be very painful, but you get used to it & after a few sessions small amounts of blood spots appear with little pain.
Like I said before I can't really do before/afters as you can see below, but my crown which had a small bald spot has thickened up. I also drown my head In minoxidil before I go to sleep.

Not the clearest pic harshish light I guess & doesn't show progress but whatever here ya go :p

upload_2019-7-26_0-17-41.png

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a prescription for dutasteride. Will be starting it in a few days. I will be taking finasteride everyday, but 2 days a week I will be adding 0.5mg dutasteride to my regiment. This is based on a study that added 0.5mg dutasteride a week, but I will be adding it twice just in case. Link to the study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22686691

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a prescription for dutasteride. Will be starting it in a few days. I will be taking finasteride everyday, but 2 days a week I will be adding 0.5mg dutasteride to my regiment. This is based on a study that added 0.5mg dutasteride a week, but I will be adding it twice just in case. Link to the study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22686691

Are there any risks in adding dutasteride especially at 0.5mg 2days /wk ? I have had great results with finasteride but I'm not quite where I want to be and I'm thinking of exploring stronger finasteride or dutasteride to help thicken my hair.

Are you getting this from your physician? I need to go see my physician and get some hormone levels checked probably. I am curious to see what my T/DHT are at and if dutasteride may be able to help eliminate DHT even further for me.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any risks in adding dutasteride especially at 0.5mg 2days /wk ? I have had great results with finasteride but I'm not quite where I want to be and I'm thinking of exploring stronger finasteride or dutasteride to help thicken my hair.

Are you getting this from your physician? I need to go see my physician and get some hormone levels checked probably. I am curious to see what my T/DHT are at and if dutasteride may be able to help eliminate DHT even further for me.
I honestly dont see the point. Dutasteride every 5 days (0.1mg) is as strong as finasteride, and blocks more types of 5-ar. I personally take it every 2 days. No finasteride

Attachments

• DutasterideVersusFinasterideDosage.jpg
    DutasterideVersusFinasterideDosage.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 176

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I have been taking finasteride for 14 months. I have seen remarkable growth. More DHT blocked is always a good thing for hair regrowth. I got it prescribed from a licensed doctor here. I’m not gonna order my medications from some crappy lab in China or India.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly dont see the point. Dutasteride every 5 days (0.1mg) is as strong as finasteride, and blocks more types of 5-ar. I personally take it every 2 days. No finasteride
Damn. Most people, myself included, only take 1mg finasteride, or 1.25mg finasteride. I need to up my sh*t. lol.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. Most people, myself included, only take 1mg finasteride, or 1.25mg finasteride. I need to up my sh*t. lol.
i mean increasing finasteride dose doesnt do much at all.
I'd just get dutasteride and take it every 2 days. From what i have seen thats the best way. If you take it everyday, it starts reducing a worrying amount of 5-ar thats present in your brain.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks to all the folks that replied to my novel of a post. I appreciate you drudging through it and responding so positively. And thanks to all the folks who liked it as well.

Given that nobody asked a single question probably means my post was thorough and clear, which was my intent. And since no one asked anything, I thought it prudent to perhaps add some tips or just bring in some insight from my personal experience.

Be aware though, I do not claim to be any sort of expert. I'm just like all of you. Dealing with hairloss on my own personal level. So listen to my advice, look back to my before and after pictures, and decide for yourself, what you should do.

These are tips for guys just starting out/considering it/or even guys who have had no success despite months of trying microneedling.

3 tips:

Tip 1: Wound/roll/pen/whatever HARD. This is very easy using a dermaroller. Just apply steady, firm pressure. Perhaps it is much harder using a pen or stamp. As I've read many users here do not draw blood while wounding. Wound HARD. Draw blood. The more sessions you do, the easier the blood will draw. And easier to wound more consistently. That stupid age old adage is prudent here; no pain, no gain.

Tip 2: Use a dermaroller. I know this latest study used dermapens. And while they may be fine products, I don't think they wound well enough to deliver consistent results to the multitude of people using them to regrow hair. A dermaroller is cheaper, by far. Easier to use. And faster to use. I roll very quickly. And alternate directions constantly. The whole process(and I cover a lot of ground, trust me), takes less than 10 mins(minus the 5 mins of warming the scalp with hot water).

Tip 3: Wether your roll, or stamp in order to wound, it might be prudent to buzz your hair down to a shorter length. It'll make wounding much easier and faster. No parting hair and doing small sections at a glacial pace. Wound fast and hard. Get it done with and live your life. And anyway, if you're suffering from hairloss, trust me, whatever kind of loss it is, you'll look better with a short buzz cut. Shorter hair more often than not hides thinner hair. And it's not forever. When you've attained the results you desire with microneedling, let it grow back.

Anyway, thanks again for reading. I'll be around, lurking in this thread, just browsing for more results to keep me determined and inspired. And I'll definitely be back at the 6 month mark with LOTS AND LOTS of before and after pictures. And again at the 1 years mark.
how about you hair loss ? did you notice any increase hair loss when you started dermaroller ?

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
how about you hair loss ? did you notice any increase hair loss when you started dermaroller ?

Nope.

I keep my hair so short that any hair loss, whether it be through 'forced/unnatural' shedding cycles(due to any sort of treatment:minoxidil, finasteride), or natural shedding(the natural long term cycles of hair growth and 'death'), is virtually undetectable.

When you have a very short buzz cut, you just don't notice hairloss. Any hairs that fall out, are too small to notice, unless you constantly obsess. Which I know some more neurotic forum members on here, do. Counting hairs that they naturally lose throughout the day, obsessing and making them panicky and stressed out, which could even possibly speed up hairloss.

Hence my tip for cutting your hair very short during wounding treatment. Easier to wound. Easier to style(technically no styling involved). Easier to maintain normal lifestyle by not worrying about shedding due to treatment.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this isn’t the thread or even the right forum and nobody asked, but since the Cutting Edge section is the only place I’ve ever posted I thought why the hell not.

I officially threw in the towel today. Had an epiphany of sorts yesterday after I felt compelled to take some well lit pictures of my scalp and look at the damage. I honestly just burst out loud laughing it was so bad. So I went to my barber and had him clip the whole thing and give me a super low whiffle. Honestly, I feel a tremendous amount of relief. It’s a day I’ve feared for years - since I first started noticing my hairloss 6 years ago at age 22 - but it’s not the end of the world. I know the majority of people on here are desperate for good news and treatments and I hope those come to fruition sooner than later, but just know the “last resort” isn’t as bad as we’ve all made it out to be. At least I don’t have to dump rogaine all over my scalp with no benefit and stay out of the water at the beach because I’m worried about what my concealer will look like afterwards. I’ve obviously never been one of these “just shave it bro” people since I’ve posted countless times on this website, so hopefully my experience carries a little more weight.

Anyways, I’ve been lurking and posting on this place for years and now I’m finally moving on. Wish you all the best of luck.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nearly had the 6month mark. Here are before, midway and today pics of my crown
man you almost completely reversed that crown loss.
I hate to ask because you probably answered it a hundred times already, but whats your protocol?