Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy Sorry to bug you with more questions, but can you estimate two things for me when you needle your right temple:
1: If you press mildly with 1.5mm, how deep do you think the needles are going? Do you think its closer to 0.5mm, or 1mm? I know thats hard to estimate, but maybe you have a idea.
2: How many times do you needle one area. Like, how many times will a single "piece" of scalp be needled. just once? 5 times? 10 times? How you understand what i mean

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Growing few hairs in few months is worth? I mean how much time one take to regrow decent hair coverage?
I am sick for not getting results.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy Sorry to bug you with more questions, but can you estimate two things for me when you needle your right temple:
1: If you press mildly with 1.5mm, how deep do you think the needles are going? Do you think its closer to 0.5mm, or 1mm? I know thats hard to estimate, but maybe you have a idea.
2: How many times do you needle one area. Like, how many times will a single "piece" of scalp be needled. just once? 5 times? 10 times? How you understand what i mean
No need to apologize buddy, I don't mind answering questions. Although it's really hard to estimate, I believe needles are penetrating between 0,5 and 0,75mm.
Also, I make about 10-15 passes over the temple area. It really doesn't take more than 30-40 seconds each night.
Also, keep in mind one important thing. I am not the first one to test this daily regime. @longtimelurker did exactly the same as I did, reporting his results back in May. He wasn't getting results with weekly needling for months (six months I believe) and then started to do mild needling everyday. He posted his results at his one month mark of daily needling in the temple he was doing it. Take a look at the picture. It's much better progress than mine and in less time

Attachments

• IMG_20190723_060324.png
    IMG_20190723_060324.png
    540.3 KB · Views: 526

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Growing few hairs in few months is worth? I mean how much time one take to regrow decent hair coverage?
I am sick for not getting results.

If you grow a few hair where there was no hair that's already a success. It means that you are heading the right direction. If you keep the exact regimen more hair is bound to pop up in that area. Make sure you take pictures with date so your mind don't mess with you.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy Yeah thats would i would have guessed too. I know how 1.5mm feels like, and how 1.0mm feels like. Mild needling with 1.5mm definetely falls somewhere around 0.5mm. No blood, very tolerable pain wise.
Only 15 passes? I just stamped the right side of my scalp (including the temple) for 5 minutes straight with a large stamp like this one https://www.amazon.de/DRS-Medizinpr...ds=dermastamp&qid=1563880607&s=gateway&sr=8-6
I guess thats too much.

Im definetely seeing (very) visible success with weekly 1.5mm needling in the last 3 months. I just cant settle for one method because i want to speed up the process as much as possible. This topic has been bugging me for a while because there is nothing worse than wasting your time when it comes to hairloss.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Major shed I had for about 3 weeks finally stopped which is nice. Thinking I'm shedding less than when on brotzu but too early to say much

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy Yeah thats would i would have guessed too. I know how 1.5mm feels like, and how 1.0mm feels like. Mild needling with 1.5mm definetely falls somewhere around 0.5mm. No blood, very tolerable pain wise.
Only 15 passes? I just stamped the right side of my scalp (including the temple) for 5 minutes straight with a large stamp like this one https://www.amazon.de/DRS-Medizinpr...ds=dermastamp&qid=1563880607&s=gateway&sr=8-6
I guess thats too much.

Im definetely seeing (very) visible success with weekly 1.5mm needling in the last 3 months. I just cant settle for one method because i want to speed up the process as much as possible. This topic has been bugging me for a while because there is nothing worse than wasting your time when it comes to hairloss.
Good thing you're having success. If I were you I'd just stick to ur current regime until your progress stalls. I have to do this thing because I wasn't getting results, as I am an old minoxidil user. Old minoxidil/finasteride users are the ones who haven't been getting anything from the typical microneedling regimes mentioned in this thread, unlike the newbie gains from the ones who recently jump into the minoxidil train that also started needling. So we have to do something more and to look for a way in which needling can definitely do something BEYOND minoxidil.

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Some background here. I did the community trial years back on this forum I believe. Based on the indian study. Did 12 sessions. Saw results, but after the 3/4 week break to let the scalp fully heal, I never rolled again. Just didn't want to go through the pain. Tried it again 2 years ago for 7/8 weeks, saw some results, stopped due to life getting in the way. Oh well.

Anyway saw this new topic, and got determined to stay with it this time.

Background on me:
*Currently 30 years old
*Started losing hair around 19 I'd say. In denial until 21 or so. Full frontal recession. Crown loss. Diffuse loss all up top. As bad as it gets. Genetically I was doomed to be NW7 by 25/27 probably
*Started minoxidil around that time(21). Saw NO RESULTS after 8-10 months. No shedding. No regrowth. Nothing. Classic non responder I'd say. Over the years tried it again for stretches of over a year several times, no response.
*Started finasteride 0.5mg daily at 23. So been on finasteride for 7 years now. Hair loss stopped, completely. No side effects AT All. Some MINOR regrowth during first 2 years. Over last 2/3 years hairloss achingly slowly began. Some thinning near the crown but no recession elsewhere.
*Been using nizoral as my shampoo for about 6 years now. Always had terrible dandruff and dry scalp. Crusting of sebum buildup, itchiness. Just awful. When I did have hair, it would get greasy over the course of one day, and needed to be washed every day or would looked terrible.

Now I've been buzzing my hair down with clippers for about 8 years now. Buzzed head looks good on me. Very masculine looking and when my hair is cut very short, most people would say I probably have a head full of hair. After 2 weeks tho, it starts getting longer and looks terrible.

Anyway, I've completed 10 rolls. I had some minoxidil left over, so I have been using that as well, but given I am a non responder to it, you cannot simply claim my results are its' cause.

Using a 1.5mm dermaroller (192 count)I had left over from previously. I dermaroll the entire top. My crown. My hairline. Temples. Temple peaks. No numbing cream. Just hot water from the faucet for several minutes to warm up the area. I go HARD. It's a bloody mess to be honest. Painful, but I can handle it.

And like my previous 2 explorations into this, I saw small results after 4 weeks or so. Now I keep my hair buzzed pretty regularly, usually. For better pictorial evidence keeping, I let it grow for 3 week periods and then buzz down to lowest setting, no guard.

I am going to finish the 12 week rolling session. Do 3 weeks off. But continue minoxidil and use a 0.5mm dermaroller every other day, for absorption purposes. Then I will start another 12 week session. Then repeat 3 weeks off. Then evaluate and possibly continue from there.

Anyway, here are the results. They are done in the same bathroom. Same lighting. More or less same positioning(hard to do unfortunately). And same length hair(3 weeks growth after no guard buzz). I have started taking pictures in the same room, with the lights off and a flash on my phone. I feel like those are better quality. So I'll be taking those and these regular lighting photos every 3 weeks for cataloging purposes and finale reveal(maybe 1 or 2 years from now)

Also nice little benefit from rolling. My dandruff, sebum buildup, itchy scalp, all of it.... STOPPED COMPLETELY. It's all gone. My scalp feels healthier than ever!

Pictures on the left, are May 22nd. Pictures on right are today, July 23rd. So 2 months. Judge for yourselves.

Attachments

• 20190723_101809.jpg
    20190723_101809.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • 20190723_101906.jpg
    20190723_101906.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 20190723_101944.jpg
    20190723_101944.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 20190723_104054.jpg
    20190723_104054.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,096
Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Some background here. I did the community trial years back on this forum I believe. Based on the indian study. Did 12 sessions. Saw results, but after the 3/4 week break to let the scalp fully heal, I never rolled again. Just didn't want to go through the pain. Tried it again 2 years ago for 7/8 weeks, saw some results, stopped due to life getting in the way. Oh well.

Background on me:
*Currently 30 years old
*Started losing hair around 19 I'd say. In denial until 21 or so. Full frontal recession. Crown loss. Diffuse loss all up top. As bad as it gets. Genetically I was doomed to be NW7 by 25/27 probably
*Started minoxidil around that time(21). Saw NO RESULTS after 8-10 months. No shedding. No regrowth. Nothing. Classic non responder I'd say. Over the years tried it again for stretches of over a year several times, no response.
*Started finasteride 0.5mg daily at 23. So been on finasteride for 7 years now. Hair loss stopped, completely. No side effects AT All. Some MINOR regrowth during first 2 years. Over last 2/3 years hairloss achingly slowly began. Some thinning near the crown but no recession elsewhere.
*Been using nizoral as my shampoo for about 6 years now. Always had terrible dandruff and dry scalp. Crusting of sebum buildup, itchiness. Just awful. When I did have hair, it would get greasy over the course of one day, and needed to be washed every day or would looked terrible.

Now I've been buzzing my hair down with clippers for about 8 years now. Buzzed head looks good on me. Very masculine looking and when my hair is cut very short, most people would say I probably have a head full of hair. After 2 weeks tho, it starts getting longer and looks terrible.

Anyway, I've completed 10 rolls. I had some minoxidil left over, so I have been using that as well, but given I am a non responder to it, you cannot simply claim my results are its' cause.

Using a 1.5mm dermaroller (192 count)I had left over from previously. I dermaroll the entire top. My crown. My hairline. Temples. Temple peaks. No numbing cream. Just hot water from the faucet for several minutes to warm up the area. I go HARD. It's a bloody mess to be honest. Painful, but I can handle it.

And like my previous 2 explorations into this, I saw small results after 4 weeks or so. Now I keep my hair buzzed pretty regularly, usually. For better pictorial evidence keeping, I let it grow for 3 week periods and then buzz down to lowest setting, no guard.

I am going to finish the 12 week rolling session. Do 3 weeks off. But continue minoxidil and use a 0.5mm dermaroller every other day, for absorption purposes. Then I will start another 12 week session. Then repeat 3 weeks off. Then evaluate and possibly continue from there.

Anyway, here are the results. They are done in the same bathroom. Same lighting. More or less same positioning(hard to do unfortunately). And same length hair(3 weeks growth after no guard buzz). I have started taking pictures in the same room, with the lights off and a flash on my phone. I feel like those are better quality. So I'll be taking those and these regular lighting photos every 3 weeks for cataloging purposes and finale reveal(maybe 1 or 2 years from now)

Also nice little benefit from rolling. My dandruff, sebum buildup, itchy scalp, all of it.... STOPPED COMPLETELY. It's all gone. My scalp feels healthier than ever!

Pictures on the left, are May 22nd. Pictures on right are today, July 23rd. So 2 months. Judge for yourselves.
Awesome! Congrats man, you are a great responder!

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Background on me:
*Currently 30 years old

Great results.

Nexusv6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Background on me:
*Currently 30 years old

Congratulations man!

I started micro needling 3 weeks ago, so I don’t know yet if I will respond to the treatment, but my case is almost the same as yours.

I always have had pain, itch, sebum and cystic acne. All of that is now gone and my scalp is also healthier than I the last 15 years.

I hope to be a good responder as well, now that my scalp is healthier.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts about lipogaine? Has minoxidil plus saw palmetto extract, beta-sitosterol, oleic acid, linolenic acid as dht blockers. Is it a waste of money or do those ingredients actually have studies behind them to reduce dht on the scalp?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Liquidbanana
Thats 2 months man. You'd probably have a lion mane by now if you sticked to it for the past several years.
I cant believe you can tolerate the pain without a numbing cream. I wouldnt be able to keep up with the weekly session without numbing my skin.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Background on me:
*Currently 30 years old

Very interested to see your results after 6 months.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Background on me:
*Currently 30 years old

Great progress for just 2-months! Congrats!

Keep at it and keep updating us!

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You poor pathetic low-life no-life trolling loser, get a life, move out of your grandparents basement, loose 300 pounds, stop hate-beating-off-because you can’t get it up (highly likely with a limp dead dick due to dutasteride guzzling) to thinking you sound smart or that your propaganda is being believed, NO ONE HERE BELIEVES YOUR LIES.

By the way how many accounts on here do you have now ya scumbag?

Look at the little baldfag being mad that i have high DHT while no DHT on the scalp because of dutasteride mesotherapy. You wish to have my hair and huge c***, f*****.