Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
in normal situation when person is balding his top hair is always shedding more then the sides. this is a normal situation.
for me sheeding this much can mean :
- my balding situation is progressing and my hair will be thinner in the TOP and microneedling didin't do nothing
- or shedding means the microneedling is working which i don't think this is the case.

this is why i'm panicking, the SHED that i got today is very huge.

Do you have little hair regrowing in the area that you shed? When I started shedding within a week small hair grew in the area I shed. Are you on biotin? Biotin help new baby grows in place fast. I'm now 8 week after treatment and shed is slowing down.

Last edited:

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
c
Do you have little hair regrowing in the area that you shed? When I started shedding within a week small hair grew in the area I shed. Are you on biotin? Biotin help new baby grows in place fast. I'm now 8 week after treatment and shed is slowing down.
can't tell about new little hair growing because i'm diffusing, but i always have small spiky hair even without treatment.
no i'm not on biotin.

Are you in minoxidile ? and when did the shed started and when is slowed down ?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You poor pathetic low-life no-life trolling loser, get a life, move out of your grandparents basement, loose 300 pounds, stop hate-beating-off-because you can’t get it up (highly likely with a limp dead dick due to dutasteride guzzling) to thinking you sound smart or that your propaganda is being believed, NO ONE HERE BELIEVES YOUR LIES.

By the way how many accounts on here do you have now ya scumbag?

Bashing a succesfull treatment like dermarolling...lel, you must be new here.
Dermaroll alone is a joke, there's stille nothing more efficient than the Big 3.

This is a trending thing now here to believe "alternative" treatments are the key, but you fools will never get big 3 results with dermaroll alone.
Even the Dhurat study was based on Minoxidil increased absortion.

@infinitepain is right, without 5ar as of today, you're already doomed on long term, even with minoxidil + dermaroll unfortunately.

I'm not saying finasteride is good, i'm just saying it works

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
c

can't tell about new little hair growing because i'm diffusing, but i always have small spiky hair even without treatment.
no i'm not on biotin.

Are you in minoxidile ? and when did the shed started and when is slowed down ?

Yes Im on minoxidil but only 2 times a week. I would stay away from it but desperate for growth so when I started I decided to do 2 days/week then decide.

I started shedding around 20th day. I'm shedding less now at week8.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys who keep track of their shedding obsessively have mental illness and no idea how male pattern baldness works. We shed hairs everyday. Male pattern baldness is when those shedded hairs don’t return with the same thickness months later.

This is what I've come to realize, people have no idea about how our hair goes through cycles and how that applies to hair loss or hair growth or regrowth.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I've come to realize, people have no idea about how our hair goes through cycles and how that applies to hair loss or hair growth or regrowth.
Minoxidil and finasteride sheds exist. They are not hair loss sheds though, they are hair regrowth sheds. If you notice shedding while not on treatment then you are only noticing the normal amount of hairs that we shed naturally.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which is why it is recommended to wait it out and report progress after evaluating results carefully. But the incels here do not understand that.
They jump to conclusion within 2 months and then cry and howl about how microneedling doesn't work.
I am not saying that it is going to work for everyone, but don't hope for miraculous results within 2 months. It took years for the hair to fall out, they won't grow back within a month.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Status update, guys.

Background Information:
-I´ve been on MINOXODIL AND FINASTERIDE for little more than 3 years (since March 2016) >> At first it gave me asmall boost but I quickly got back to baseline in months (normal story with minoxidil) and then more or less have mantained.

-I´ve been MICRONEEDLING with a dermapen every week with 2mm for 9 months (since November 2018) >> I´ve got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING at plain sight. Crown, which is the area I was aiming to restore the most, has got NOTHING.

In May of this year, I decided to make an experiment. I was going to try mild needling my right temple, while on the rest of my scalp I´d continue to needle weekly at 2mm (which havent produced visible results yet). I wanted to see what happens to my daily needled temple and test the idea that daily needling is better, worst or exactly the same as weekly needling.

I took a picture of my right temple, and I´d like you guys to tell me if you see any progression.
It was very hard for my to take the pictures in exactly the same angles, it is way harder than I imagined. At last, I didnt get perfectly equal angled pics, but I tried ro rotate them to make them comparable enough and also marked each picture with a red circle based upon the location of a small pimple I´ve had there. Focus on that reference point to assess the differences between those pics.

Those pics are 2.5 months apart. Top one is from May 7th, bottom one is today.

@Rudi I hope I can answer your question with this post.
@Bill_Russo I´d like to know your opinion on this as well, buddy.

Additionally, I´d like to post a picture of my left temple, the one that DID NOT get the daily needling regimen (it got the former weekly needling regimen instead as the rest of the scalp) for a fair comparison. However, I havent been able to take a fairly comparable pic of my current state (it always end up being in a way different angle and not focused enough). My cellphone camera is very tricky to use, but I will keep trying and when I get it done the right way I will post it ASAP.

Attachments

• NeedlingComparison.png
    NeedlingComparison.png
    751.3 KB · Views: 770

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
C
Status update, guys.

Background Information:
-I´ve been on MINOXODIL AND FINASTERIDE for little more than 3 years (since March 2016) >> At first it gave me asmall boost but I quickly got back to baseline in months (normal story with minoxidil) and then more or less have mantained.

-I´ve been MICRONEEDLING with a dermapen every week with 2mm for 9 months (since November 2018) >> I´ve got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING at plain sight. Crown, which is the area I was aiming to restore the most, has got NOTHING.

In May of this year, I decided to make an experiment. I was going to try mild needling my right temple, while on the rest of my scalp I´d continue to needle weekly at 2mm (which havent produced visible results yet). I wanted to see what happens to my daily needled temple and test the idea that daily needling is better, worst or exactly the same as weekly needling.

I took a picture of my right temple, and I´d like you guys to tell me if you see any progression.
It was very hard for my to take the pictures in exactly the same angles, it is way harder than I imagined. At last, I didnt get perfectly equal angled pics, but I tried ro rotate them to make them comparable enough and also marked each picture with a red circle based upon the location of a small pimple I´ve had there. Focus on that reference point to assess the differences between those pics.

Those pics are 2.5 months apart. Top one is from May 7th, bottom one is today.

@Rudi I hope I can answer your question with this post.
@Bill_Russo I´d like to know your opinion on this as well, buddy.

Additionally, I´d like to post a picture of my left temple, the one that DID NOT get the daily needling regimen (it got the former weekly needling regimen instead as the rest of the scalp) for a fair comparison. However, I havent been able to take a fairly comparable pic of my current state (it always end up being in a way different angle and not focused enough). My cellphone camera is very tricky to use, but I will keep trying and when I get it done the right way I will post it ASAP.
Can we see the rest of your hair?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy
The red dot seemed to have moved back a little bit. But either way, thats very very clear hair growth around the red dot compared to the before picture. You know your hair better than anyone else. If the hair growth is as massive as in those pictures, wouldnt you notice it yourself?
When you say mild needling, do you mean you still used 2mm but just pressed very lightly? And you did that daily?
Im currently doing a experiment myself. Im needling one side of my head with 1.5mm, and the other side with 1mm. 1.5mm makes me bleed like a pig, while 1mm doesnt at all.

On a sidenote, 2mm might be too much. I needled with 2.5mm and 3mm for 2-3 months and saw zero results. I switched to 1.5mm and now im growing hair

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
C

Can we see the rest of your hair?
I've posted progress pics of the rest of my hair on two occasions and they show no progress in my microneedling journey. This is my crown, styled in the worst possible way to maximize bald spot exposure. Weekly microneedling haven't been able to fill my crown in 9 months :(

Attachments

• IMG_20190501_144229.jpg
    IMG_20190501_144229.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 598

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've posted progress pics of the rest of my hair on two occasions and they show no progress in my microneedling journey. This is my crown, styled in the worst possible way to maximize bald spot exposure. Weekly microneedling haven't been able to fill my crown in 9 months :(

I wish i had your hair. that's a ton more than what i have. Sandalore was at first regrowing my hair, but then i lost everything again. Because reasons.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy
The red dot seemed to have moved back a little bit. But either way, thats very very clear hair growth around the red dot compared to the before picture. You know your hair better than anyone else. If the hair growth is as massive as in those pictures, wouldnt you notice it yourself?
When you say mild needling, do you mean you still used 2mm but just pressed very lightly? And you did that daily?
Im currently doing a experiment myself. Im needling one side of my head with 1.5mm, and the other side with 1mm. 1.5mm makes me bleed like a pig, while 1mm doesnt at all.

On a sidenote, 2mm might be too much. I needled with 2.5mm and 3mm for 2-3 months and saw zero results. I switched to 1.5mm and now im growing hair
Thanks for your comment.
The red dot is actually in the same place and is based on a small skin pimple I have there. The reason you see it in a seemingly different position is the angles at which the pics were taken. At that zoom level and while using a magnifying glass for cellphone cams, taking pics at exactly the same angle an position is extremely difficult for me. At first I thought it was way easier.

Also, I did notice myself that there was some change, however, I am very wary about this kind of assessments. In these context, visual self-assessment can be overly "contaminated" by emotional bias, such as wishful thinking. In this forums, for example, most people are so desperate for a solution to the hairloss problem that in order to keep their hopes up, they see things that are not really there. That's a general problem with subjective visual assessment, so even if I see something, I prefer to let other people make inferences to see if they converge with my conclusion. Im simply seeking to increase the statistical robustness of this visual inference, and minimize the potential error of personal and emotional bias.

By mild needling, I mean using a 1.5mm dermaroller, but not applying a high amount of pressure. In fact, the needles aren't penetrsting deep enough. They are at most penetrating half way. I don't bleed at al during those daily sessions, maybe just mild reddening at most. It doesn't take more than 30 seconds to cover my right temple. However, I do bleed in my weekly intense sessions, in which I use a pen at 2mm and I apply enough strength so that the needles pierce the skin at full length.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You kinda made it sound like you're a Norwood 6 or something. Treatment has been working wonders for almost all your hair. Add 0.5 mg of dutasteride twice a week in addition to the finasteride. There is a study that shows it helps those who drop below baseline after a few years of finasteride. I'm myself planning on adding 0.5 mg dutasteride to my regimen when I hit the 2 year mark of finasteride. I'm at the 14 month mark for now, so finasteride hasn't even peaked for me.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment.
The red dot is actually in the same place and is based on a small skin pimple I have there. The reason you see it in a seemingly different position is the angles at which the pics were taken. At that zoom level and while using a magnifying glass for cellphone cams, taking pics at exactly the same angle an position is extremely difficult for me. At first I thought it was way easier.

Also, I did notice myself that there was some change, however, I am very wary about this kind of assessments. In these context, visual self-assessment can be overly "contaminated" by emotional bias, such as wishful thinking. In this forums, for example, most people are so desperate for a solution to the hairloss problem that in order to keep their hopes up, they see things that are not really there. That's a general problem with subjective visual assessment, so even if I see something, I prefer to let other people make inferences to see if they converge with my conclusion. Im simply seeking to increase the statistical robustness of this visual inference, and minimize the potential error of personal and emotional bias.

By mild needling, I mean using a 1.5mm dermaroller, but not applying a high amount of pressure. In fact, the needles aren't penetrsting deep enough. They are at most penetrating half way. I don't bleed at al during those daily sessions, maybe just mild reddening at most. It doesn't take more than 30 seconds to cover my right temple. However, I do bleed in my weekly intense sessions, in which I use a pen at 2mm and I apply enough strength so that the needles pierce the skin at full length.
Bro thats amazing. So basically you started needling your temple daily since may, with light pressure using 1.5mm needles. I cant believe you've grown so much hair in that time. The changes are so obvious to me, im surprised you are seeking opinions from other people. If those red dots are indeed in the same place, you have grown alot of hair man.
I would have thought needling everyday even with light pressure would backfire just like too long needle lengths would. But it seems like the opposite is the case. Im going to adjust my experiment and see how it works out.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I guess light needling daily would equate to a deep massage in a way and thus increases blood circulation? Damn it, just when I started going for more intense needling haha! What to do what to do....

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which is why it is recommended to wait it out and report progress after evaluating results carefully. But the incels here do not understand that.
They jump to conclusion within 2 months and then cry and howl about how microneedling doesn't work.
I am not saying that it is going to work for everyone, but don't hope for miraculous results within 2 months. It took years for the hair to fall out, they won't grow back within a month.

Exactly, hair transplants where healthy follicles are used take up to a year to regrow hair. They want damaged follicles to heal themselves, produce thick hairs in 2 months. Its laughable the stupidity of some on here....

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I guess light needling daily would equate to a deep massage in a way and thus increases blood circulation? Damn it, just when I started going for more intense needling haha! What to do what to do....
When I started weekly needling back in November 2018, I also did daily massages for about 3 months. As expected, I got nothing. I firmly believe massages aren't enough to regrow hair. Several other members here have got nothing.on scalp massages. Mild needling still causes wounds and triggers the same regeneration processes that intense needling does, just to a lesser degree, I believe. The fact that those tiny wounds arent visible to the eye doesn't mean they aren't there.
About what to do..... Well, I'd still wouldnt claim that daily needling is the definite way to go until more people provide evidence. Single cases like mine still don't represent a statistically decent sample to generalize. More people should try this, preferably in a single temple to provide comparison, and if at least more than 50% of people respond to this, then we definitely have good news to provide an optimized protocol for.scalp microneedling.