Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped using the dermapen and just switched to a roller, i was pulling out an insane amount of hair using the pen, can't afford to lose anymore hair lol the roller doesn't wound as much but better than nothing and it doesn't pull hair out. I roll as hard as i can once a week, use foam right after and lightly roll every night before applying foam.

Last edited:

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
T
I stopped using the dermapen and just switched to a roller, i was pulling out an insane amount of hair using the pen, can't afford to lose anymore hair lol the roller doesn't wound as much but better than nothing and it doesn't pull hair out. I roll as hard as i can once a week, use foam right after and lightly roll every night before applying foam.
Too much wounding can give u scarring alopecia. Most researchers would say you should just role until you get skin reddening which they call erythma.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Raspberry Ketones as a topical? We need more vasodilators that don’t affect collagen production.
It wasn't advice for what to use, merely a comment that we should take another look at topicals that were viewed as ineffective before needling.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
funny thing about this practice is, IF this works on large scale and not only on a limited number of persons, nobody can make money from it

Not necessarily that nobody can make money from it, if a company was able to develop a proprietary patented topical that guaranteed the collagen production from needling created and formed hair follicle stem cells with more rapid growth that developed into mature terminal normal hairs than they could definitely make money from that, and I believe that’s what Follica really sees as their future cash cow.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not necessarily that nobody can make money from it, if a company was able to develop a proprietary patented topical that guaranteed the collagen production from needling created and formed hair follicle stem cells with more rapid growth that developed into mature terminal normal hairs than they could definitely make money from that, and I believe that’s what Follica really sees as their future cash cow.
and I would be there ! (insert futurama meme)

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was gonna say, normally people do Before / After as in Left Before Right After. But to me it seemed obvious that the left had more hair sprouting up in your photos.

Stick with it, if finasteride doesnt give you any sides, maybe consider bumping to 1mg or at least doing minoxidil twice a day.

How hard are you rolling? How much blood draw if any?

Btw, when I started I was similar to you. Attached photo of 1 month into treatment "grown out" and a photo from a few days ago, 1 year into treatment. There were many long months in the beginning where I saw some progress but when you are living it every day it just seems like it doesn't change or gets worse. Photos help. Luck helps. But it looks like you are responding even with 0.5mg finasteride and 1x / day minoxidil, so keep it up!! Good luck to you. Reversing norwoods is possible even at the worst norwood.

View attachment 121224 View attachment 121223
congrat bro what a freaking result !!!

this is prouve that doesn't matter how norwood you are, there is a chance to recover your hair.

INT

Reaction score
So what do we know so far?

- Non-responders to minoxidil alone CAN turn into responders when combined with wounding
- Wounding can amplify minoxidil regrowth in responders
- Wounding alone does not seem to do much

Anyone that disagrees?

The big remaining question is: will the results of wounding and minoxidil also outlive the typical 2 year mark that seems to be very common for minoxidil users?

sticksman

My Regimen
Reaction score
20190615_020756.jpg 20190615_020712.jpg pictures as promised.terrible pics for comparative reasons so apologies. top pictures from 5 weeks ago and 4 weeks in.
crown and frontal. nearly all gone.

20190615_015929.jpg 20190615_021507.jpg

tonight nearly 9 weeks since i began. crown and frontal. slowly filling in. hair a little longer in recent pics.1mm everday + minoxidil x2 daily. not sure how much more improvement possible but somethings been activated in last 2 weeks.
I feel when i add minoxidil right away in evening after rolling my hair feels better in the morning,although this scares the sh*t out of me as ive read up on systematic absorbsion issues.

will add more pictures in a few weeks.

Last edited:

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 121255 View attachment 121257 pictures as promised.terrible pics for comparative reasons so apologies. top pictures from 5 weeks ago and 4 weeks in.
crown and frontal. nearly all gone.

View attachment 121254 View attachment 121256

tonight nearly 9 weeks since i began. crown and frontal. slowly filling in. hair a little longer in recent pics.1mm everday + minoxidil x2 daily. not sure how much more improvement possible but somethings been activated in last 2 weeks.
I feel when i add minoxidil right away in evening after rolling my hair feels better in the morning,although this scares the sh*t out of me as ive read up on systematic absorbsion issues.

will add more pictures in a few weeks.

Very nice progress for only 9 weeks, congrats.

Yeah, be careful with the daily microneedling and 2x daily minoxidil as you don’t want to suffer heart palpitations. I only apply minoxidil 1x a day and only microneedling 1x a week.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all, i haven't been posting as much as well, but i still follow this thread every day or so. Harder to post when life gets in the way lol.

Anyway i'm a couple weeks away from 6 months. I'm still wounding every 17-21 days with my DR pen. When i wound i do it intently, going over each area 15-20 times.

Things continue to improve month to month. Every month i notice subtle differences in the thickness and texture of my hair. My hope has always been that this is a treatment that you can continue to compound on results going forward as a guy like chen did. For me at least that seems to be the case. Small progression, each month leading to improvement.

Can't wait to see where i'm at at the 1 year mark in december. Currently rolling with minoxidil everyday (used minoxidil for 7 years prior to starting this), also occasionally throw in nizoral maybe once a week.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped Trinov about a month ago, in favour of minoxidil / needling, about two weeks ago I started a huge shed, still shedding 3X more than when on Trinov. Hopefully this is a sign it is starting to work....

sticksman

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah Gro Pro, Think i experienced palpatations and sickness a few years ago when I did a one of experiment with a heavy rolling session immediately followed by minoxidil.
I am lightly rolling the 1mm every day and waiting an hour now. Been thinking about the 2mm 7 day approach that many are having success with. I might stick with this for a while and see how much more i can regrow. I am a believer that one method will fit all (albeit at slightly different speeds) so the more guinea pigging we do, the closer we get to the optimum results method

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah Gro Pro, Think i experienced palpatations and sickness a few years ago when I did a one of experiment with a heavy rolling session immediately followed by minoxidil.
I am lightly rolling the 1mm every day and waiting an hour now. Been thinking about the 2mm 7 day approach that many are having success with. I might stick with this for a while and see how much more i can regrow. I am a believer that one method will fit all (albeit at slightly different speeds) so the more guinea pigging we do, the closer we get to the optimum results method

That’s why you gotta be careful about inducing bad sides like palpitations.

Yeah, I agree, with more guys using different variations of microneedling time/duration/needle depth/topical application the closer we can zone in on the best one-size fits all method that gives optimum results for all.

INT

Reaction score
Thank you for continuing to update us @Jamesdunn! Looking forward to you your future progress. Did you ever post a timeline with the treatments you have been using and when you added what?

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mi
I stopped Trinov about a month ago, in favour of minoxidil / needling, about two weeks ago I started a huge shed, still shedding 3X more than when on Trinov. Hopefully this is a sign it is starting to work....

minoxidil will give you a shed. That I think is a sign of a responder. Keep using it daily and things will improve. It starts a new cycle of the hair follicle and you should see results. Same happened to me.

I use minoxidil once a day and cover all of my head.