Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have pictures?

The first ones were taken before I started the treatments, the most recent taken a few days ago.

Attachments

• IMAG5252.jpg
    IMAG5252.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 535
  • IMAG5256.jpg
    IMAG5256.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 529
  • IMAG5251.jpg
    IMAG5251.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 519
  • IMAG5249.jpg
    IMAG5249.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 491
  • IMAG1009_2.jpg
    IMAG1009_2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 508
  • IMAG1008_3.jpg
    IMAG1008_3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 513
  • IMAG1011_2.jpg
    IMAG1011_2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 501
  • IMAG1010_2.jpg
    IMAG1010_2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 553
  • IMAG1014_2.jpg
    IMAG1014_2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 527

Ozguy42

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Been watching for a while. First post. Never had results from minoxidil alone and the finasteride side effects were so bad I had to stop it.Eventually I got to almost a NW5 and thought there was no hope. Ended up trying a dermeroller (wounding) with iodine on the wound days once a week and minoxidil twice a day otherwise.

I was blown away with the results so far. I know I need to wait a year or so but so far what I have is awesome. Maybe I have regrown miniturised hair, I’m 42 so i figured most was gone but if I did have any I’m extactic as I have never seen it before(for a long time).

I haven’t had a shed yet and if I do I’d be surprised. Everything is looking great so far. Will keep you all posted as to how it goes.

Pics are in reverse order:
-Almost baseline (Starting to see dark hair follicles)
-6 weeks in. (freckle in the top right corner for guide.
- almost three month in. Hair a lot thicker and lots of miniature hair showing amongst the new terminal hairs. Hoping they turn full terminal as well.

Attachments

• 52395CB6-A9F7-49D5-BF2F-B956AB75A022.jpeg
    52395CB6-A9F7-49D5-BF2F-B956AB75A022.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 600
  • A8347C36-AAD2-4B47-99D3-B1D11417848C.jpeg
    A8347C36-AAD2-4B47-99D3-B1D11417848C.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 562
  • 05648C04-27E2-44A0-8A8F-DC3746F2C242.jpeg
    05648C04-27E2-44A0-8A8F-DC3746F2C242.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 577
  • D2260F9C-8663-4E37-8400-97BBFCC2983D.png
    D2260F9C-8663-4E37-8400-97BBFCC2983D.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 624
  • C810BB24-59A8-4B9F-9E24-0D16ACAF69A1.png
    C810BB24-59A8-4B9F-9E24-0D16ACAF69A1.png
    491.4 KB · Views: 606
  • 100CA529-B5E9-4749-A75F-D3C7AD763CAC.jpeg
    100CA529-B5E9-4749-A75F-D3C7AD763CAC.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 635

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started dermarolling, finastride and minoxidil all around the same time over 6 months ago. I started to see results after only a couple of months in. I absolutely hate dermarolling but I was afraid to stop it in fear that it was contributing most to my regrowth.

Over the month's I gradually reduced dermarolling from 4 times per month, to twice a month, and now only once a month. My hair still continues to grow so I'm convinced it's the finastride and minoxidil doing the work, and that dermarolling was a waste of time. It's time consuming and painful and leaves my hair looking awful for a few days. I think my dermarolling days are over now.

Please keep in mind that in one small study microneedling every 4 weeks was effective. I would continue with monthly needling.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's precisely what puzzles me.

He seems to support everything he says elsewhere with scientific articles, and whenever he detects some crappy bro science, he demands scientific articles to support claims. This is totally understandable and it's how it should be. I applaud that.

However, he doesn't seem to be applying the same rationale here, and apparently, he uses his very own experience with needling to make a broad, general judgment instead of the available evidence in the scientific literature and the few cases seen here in this trial.

I'm still awaiting for his response, I'm very curious.

I think one the puzzle pieces in this is nutrision. I cannot believe everyone on this thread forgets about the importance of nutrition. Hair must be built from something.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn’t have any issues getting the derminator :/
this is no the problem, the problem is the cartridges can only be bought from them directly which means if they don't like you in the future for whatever reason they can ban you and you are left without any propietary cartridges.

Anyway, how is everyone doing? cant read 100 f*****g pages. Ive been reading the latest pages and i saw a lot of people saying they are getting no results without minoxidil...

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think one the puzzle pieces in this is nutrision. I cannot believe everyone on this thread forgets about the importance of nutrition. Hair must be built from something.
Nutrition is not an issue. Regular food has everything an individual needs for producing keratin, which is the main protein of a hair strand. Hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) is not a nutrition issue, its mostly genetic. That's why you see extreme cases of malnutrition with virtually 0% hairloss, as well as people who are obsessed with eating 100% healthy, yet they are sadly suffering from baldness.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nutrition is not an issue. Regular food has everything an individual needs for producing keratin, which is the main protein of a hair strand. Hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) is not a nutrition issue, its mostly genetic. That's why you see extreme cases of malnutrition with virtually 0% hairloss, as well as people who are obsessed with eating 100% healthy, yet they are sadly suffering from baldness.

malnutrition is a very common, sneaky cause of hair loss, especially for people who eat a lot and would never believe that they are indeed b12-deficient, but it is generally completely reversible.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So could you comment on the A7? how is the noise? how is the pain? are you regrowing anything at all? im still not sure if this is a meme or not.
I am regrowing hairs on my hair line, but i will see if it goes to terminal hair. Also, pain isn’t that much noise wise, it isn’t too bad

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
malnutrition is a very common, sneaky cause of hair loss, especially for people who eat a lot and would never believe that they are indeed b12-deficient, but it is generally completely reversible.
Sure. That hairloss is not androgenic alopecia though. Androgenetic Alopecia is the condition that 99% of us forum members are suffering, so we know our issue is in our goddamned genes. How unlucky we were during the chromosome shuffling of our parents gametes.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any long term needling only guys remaining? I'm about 7 months in with no success and continue diffuse thinning. Might just call it quits soon. Needling day just sucks now

Gooner184

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it safe to say it's almost pointless to do this without minoxidil now? 99% of the top results are from those using minoxidil. Also the Brazilian/chinese/dhurat studies used minoxidil

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i did an experiment. I stopped needling for about 2 weeks.
Result?

My hair started to look dead, lifeless, and the baldness became more noticeable.
I needled again yesterday, and today when i woke up my hair looked healthy, vibrant and full of life again.

It seems that needling has a nourishing effect on follicles. When i needle, my hair becomes really nice looking, healthy and the baldness becomes less noticeable, with the follicles covering the thinning areas better, and it stays like this for almost two weeks.

So yeah i'm not getting regrowth so far, however this nourishing effect fooled me into thinking i was improving.
I'm gonna needle regardless... cuz my hair really looks like complete crap when i don't needle.

It might be a sebum related issue, but there is something that makes my hair look like sh*t if i don't needle at least every 15 days.

Maybe the sebum removal properties of needling are what make my hair looks so good.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it safe to say it's almost pointless to do this without minoxidil now? 99% of the top results are from those using minoxidil. Also the Brazilian/chinese/dhurat studies used minoxidil

Well, but in the studies there were also responders not using minoxidil. Just not as effective.
I guess you can achieve maintenance...provided you ensure adequate healing time.
You would think that all study participants were not on anti-androgens.
But if you are...what are the results if you add duta or fina to your needling regimen?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i did an experiment. I stopped needling for about 2 weeks.
Result?

My hair started to look dead, lifeless, and the baldness became more noticeable.
I needled again yesterday, and today when i woke up my hair looked healthy, vibrant and full of life again.

It seems that needling has a nourishing effect on follicles. When i needle, my hair becomes really nice looking, healthy and the baldness becomes less noticeable, with the follicles covering the thinning areas better, and it stays like this for almost two weeks.

So yeah i'm not getting regrowth so far, however this nourishing effect fooled me into thinking i was improving.
I'm gonna needle regardless... cuz my hair really looks like complete crap when i don't needle.

It might be a sebum related issue, but there is something that makes my hair look like sh*t if i don't needle at least every 15 days.

Maybe the sebum removal properties of needling are what make my hair looks so good.
I needle 1.5mm once a month and I feel exactly the same.
The "thickness" or whatever it is that dermarolling provides improves the overall looks
And like you said, it does degrade overtime until the next session.

It's like an inner loop of the roller coaster

Last edited:

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 7 months into it.. I am calling it quits on derma. I maintained fine on big 3 but whatever hair I shed after derma never regrew. I diffused significantly during past 7 months. Good luck to all those trying and hope they have better response than I did. Going through this thread, there seem two sets of people, ones who have recently started big two with derma and have great response and others like me who had been on other treatments for quite a bit of time and end up having no or worse response.

Last edited:

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's common to get swollen lymph nodes with needling but has anyone else got swollen mastoid (bony area behind ear) ? I've read it happens with ear infections but my ears feel fine and it happened day after needling session.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 7 months into it.. I am calling it quits on derma. I maintained fine on big 3 but whatever hair I shed after derma never regrew. I diffused significantly during past 7 months. Good luck to all those trying and hope they have better response than I did. Going through this thread, there seem two sets of people, ones who have recently started big two with derma and have great response and others like me who had been on other treatments for quite a bit of time and end up having no or worse response.
How often/hard did u needle?