Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g shed at least twice as much hair in the shower today, and not just thin/weak hair but long and dark hair. Sucks not knowing if or what you're doing wrong, or if it's progress. Still my hair hasn't gotten that much worse even though it's been going on for well over a month. Either shock loss from the needling (upped from 1.5mm weekly to 2mm every 2 weeks) or seasonal shedding. Who the f*** knows. I did switch from liquid rogaine to generic a few months ago, but doubt it has anything to do with that. f*** hairloss.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just received my derminator 2 and I already use minoxidil.

Anyone recommend a certain routine for temples?

I am thinking once every 2 weeks at 1.5mm.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on minoxidil since 15th of March. Experimented with dosages but it was probably an average of around 0.6 ml 1x/day on the days I do apply, and purposely missing 1-2 days during the week to give my body a break.

Already got a good amount of terminal hairs around the hairline and a sh*t ton of velus. The terminal hairs were where the velus once were. Got really promising results for such a short time at such a low dose, definitely was looking to be a good responder.

Unfortunately I got bad side effects again. Chest pain, bad feeling heart, drowsy, feeling really spaced out, my whole body feels weak, not like myself at all. This happened at around the 10 days mark also but I took a 2 day break then went on a lower dosage and everything was fine. But now it's back at the lowered dosage.

Checked my blood pressure and it had barely dropped.

It's interesting that I'm seeing such good results at such a low dosage with missed days. I'm tempted to use it maybe twice and week and see what happens.

If sides come back then I'll accept I can't use it.

This was all after microneedling for 4 months which just made my hair worse by the way.

Is there a way to counter those sides?

It seems really unfair! What about lower dosage and once per day or any other combo - muck around until you find a dosage that does work?

Fingers crossed for you!

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@petersonKj I've read a decent amount of your posts in the forums, and although I think your tone is unnecessarily rude sometimes, I do agree with most of the arguments you've provided in other threads. You seem to be very well informed the biological basis of hairloss and most of the times you support your claims with the scientific literature.
However, I am very curious in this particular case. I would like to know what's the reason of your strong skepticism regarding microneedling.
For a man who use to cite scientific articles to support his claims, this specific skepticism of yours seems to be based on your own experience with needling, rather than the current available literature. Is there any reason for you to doubt the 2 main scientific articles that has provided evidence supporting the effect of needling?

Not trying to argue man, just wanna know why you think this way.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
My skin is very thin and immunity is low. What would suit me dermaroller .75or dermapen ? Also if I start wounding I would never use minoxidil for shure. Just dermarolling and 10 min scalp massage is sufficient ? If I do that ,would it help?
Can wounding cause skin infection? The place I live in is very dusty.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My skin is very thin and immunity is low. What would suit me dermaroller .75or dermapen ? Also if I start wounding I would never use minoxidil for shure. Just dermarolling and 10 min scalp massage is sufficient ? If I do that ,would it help?
Can wounding cause skin infection? The place I live in is very dusty.
Well, according to the studies, microneedling alone should help you. But.... According to most of the anecdotal accounts we've seen here in this trial, not so much. Most of the responders here started with minoxidil as well, I am not aware of anyone getting regrowth on needling alone in this particular trial. At least not yet. Who knows what will happen in the upcoming months, but we just can make claims on what we have seen up to this point.

Last edited:

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
The skin should become red not the bleeding. It is too much bleeding. A guy on YouTube who is expert on this issues has to say that your skin looks red but not bleed too much. You have bleed too much. What size you are using ,2mm? Deep wounding will give you fibrosis I.e scarring and it is not best in long run.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The skin should become red not the bleeding. It is too much bleeding. A guy on YouTube who is expert on this issues has to say that your skin looks red but not bleed too much. You have bleed too much. What size you are using ,2mm? Deep wounding will give you fibrosis I.e scarring and it is not best in long run.
Actually, there is no clear evidence on which is the optimal depth or degree of "damage" done to the skins. Some responders have gotten regrowth by getting erythrema (red skin) and others have also responded wonderfully by drawing out lots of blood (I. E. 2young2retire). Still, until a proper controlled study is performed comparing different intensity approaches, we don't have any clue to claim which is the best.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
@petersonKj I've read a decent amount of your posts in the forums, and although I think your tone is unnecessarily rude sometimes, I do agree with most of the arguments you've provided in other threads. You seem to be very well informed the biological basis of hairloss and most of the times you support your claims with the scientific literature.
However, I am very curious in this particular case. I would like to know what's the reason of your strong skepticism regarding microneedling.
For a man who use to cite scientific articles to support his claims, this specific skepticism of yours seems to be based on your own experience with needling, rather than the current available literature. Is there any reason for you to doubt the 2 main scientific articles that has provided evidence supporting the effect of needling?

Not trying to argue man, just wanna know why you think this way.

There are pictures from guys in this thread that some of us have known for years. So:

Fact: Needling works for some people

Report: Petersonkj NEEDLING is a sham - I haven’t got any results!!!!!

Fact: Needling hasn’t worked for Mr Angry. Yet.

Last edited:

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I do 1.5mm at fast speed, and medium speed for the very visible hairline part. My hair was pretty wet so it made some of the blood look more runny, but it was still the most bleeding i've seen so far.

It's weird because I did the same amount of pressure I usually do. I feel that my scalp was extra sensitive today for some reason. Not sure.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are pictures from guys in this thread that some of us have known for years. So:

Fact: Needling works for some people

Report: Petersonkj NEEDLING is a sham - I haven’t got any results!!!!!

Fact: Needling hasn’t worked for Mr Angry. Yet.

That's precisely what puzzles me.

He seems to support everything he says elsewhere with scientific articles, and whenever he detects some crappy bro science, he demands scientific articles to support claims. This is totally understandable and it's how it should be. I applaud that.

However, he doesn't seem to be applying the same rationale here, and apparently, he uses his very own experience with needling to make a broad, general judgment instead of the available evidence in the scientific literature and the few cases seen here in this trial.

I'm still awaiting for his response, I'm very curious.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's how it's looking at the end of the day: https://imgur.com/a/niusZ3H
It doesn't seem to look too bad given how much it bled earlier today.
Like I said in one of my replies: There were some really sensitive tiny spots (in grown hairs?) that "popped" when I was using the D2. I think the combination of the wet scalp and me running the pen along my head distributed the blood along a larger area.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months in doing just microneedling alone, and this appears as thought it's been a bit of a bust for me.

The usual hopeless optimists will tell me to continue, but I'm actually more diffuse than I've ever been. Maybe shock loss? Who knows

Also, reading through here there doesnt seem to be a pattern emerging w/regards to usage, needle depth, frequency etc. I hate to say it but this thread is now full of bro science and trial and error.

And heres some bro science of my own: I'm sure minoxidil is doing the heavy lifting for people who have seen results. Without it youre just stabbing tiny holes on your scalp for absolutely no reason.

Since I switched from dermaroller to dermstamp I feel some positive signs. But I will give my final though in a couple of months. Tbh studies showed good results also with wounding alone for both patterns (diffuse/receiding) so that can be frustrating for people who don't see results. but I guess it's always a flip coin when we talking of aag treatments... what device do you use? and for how long?

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if it’s already been asked but are u on min too? Or just needling? Also, how hard do you wound? Thanks!

Just needling. I dermaroll for 20-30 minutes on my whole scalp, pressing as hard as i can and stop when my entire scalp is red. Little to no bleeding.

FinCandy

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months in doing just microneedling alone, and this appears as thought it's been a bit of a bust for me.

The usual hopeless optimists will tell me to continue, but I'm actually more diffuse than I've ever been. Maybe shock loss? Who knows

Also, reading through here there doesnt seem to be a pattern emerging w/regards to usage, needle depth, frequency etc. I hate to say it but this thread is now full of bro science and trial and error.

And heres some bro science of my own: I'm sure minoxidil is doing the heavy lifting for people who have seen results. Without it youre just stabbing tiny holes on your scalp for absolutely no reason.

Honestly the hair getting worse is what scares me. I did one derminator session @ 1.5mm on my hairline 3 weeks ago and my hairline is more diffuse than its ever been. I'm hoping it grows back.....

gerard3948

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I have been dermarolling for a few months and noticed I have a few bumps on my scalp that look like they could be flat warts. Could these be spread by rolling?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think your bro science aligns with what most of us are thinking.

My only devils advocate comment would be that the people NOT following one of the official two studies are doing most of the bro science and trial and error than those who ARE following one of the studies.

I’m about to start using minoxidil. I’ve been doing this for say 4 - 5 months given work trips where I’ve not being able to stamp.

Good luck man!

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started dermarolling, finastride and minoxidil all around the same time over 6 months ago. I started to see results after only a couple of months in. I absolutely hate dermarolling but I was afraid to stop it in fear that it was contributing most to my regrowth.

Over the month's I gradually reduced dermarolling from 4 times per month, to twice a month, and now only once a month. My hair still continues to grow so I'm convinced it's the finastride and minoxidil doing the work, and that dermarolling was a waste of time. It's time consuming and painful and leaves my hair looking awful for a few days. I think my dermarolling days are over now.