Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if it really worked, it would have already gone mainstream. common sense, right?
Just because it didn’t work on you or some people on this thread, that doesn’t mean microneedling + other treatment works. According to your logic finasteride don’t work on me

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
let me recap:

• 0 success stories (=cosmetically significant) with microneedling only
  • a handful of anecdotes sating "i feel" "i think" "it seems" my hair are thicker / healthier etc.
  • a handful of success stories with people who started microneedling along with minoxidl and/or finasteride.

in short it's as effective as rosemary oil.. and we know what it means :)

not saying it's a scam but draw your own conclusions
Still biased statement. It apply to every single treatment no matter that that treatment is about. Some people will get results some people won’t it’s not the matter of how you started the thing it’s matter of how you react to the treatment

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm close to two months in, I can say so far that a few vellus got thicker in the hairline and as other members said the hair feels overall healthier, maybe because It reduces sebum. I'm not sure about shedding, i do think is less when showering and combing than before but I can't be sure until I grow it a bit longer. The only days my hair is feeling greasy are those after a heavy drinking night (usually weekends). Remember I was a Minoxidil non responder

Gardy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, two and a half months in and so far nothing unfortunately for me.
I'm needling with 1.5 mm stamp every 7-10 days. Drawing blood when stamping.
minoxidil, fina, duta as well, relatively long time user of minoxidil and fina.
Will keep doing this, but so far I'm losing ground on my crown and top. That's probably not needling's fault since my crown was going to sh*t either way. Hairline is holding good at NW2 but that's not needling's fault either.
In the future I might switch to 0.5 mm every day, similar to Chen who, granted, did 1 mm, but without pressing hard.

Has anyone tried topical spironolactone with needling?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
let me recap:

• 0 success stories (=cosmetically significant) with microneedling only
  • a handful of anecdotes sating "i feel" "i think" "it seems" my hair are thicker / healthier etc.
  • a handful of success stories with people who started microneedling along with minoxidl and/or finasteride.

in short it's as effective as rosemary oil.. and we know what it means :)

not saying it's a scam but draw your own conclusions
I hate to admit this, but that is a very important recap.
I said it several times and I will say it again. This thread was flooded by dudes who started needling and also started minoxidil (or finasteride) at the same time. This trial IS NOT the place to do that, and now the consequence is that it has clouded the judgment of lots of people here.
On the other hand, yes, a lot of alleged responders are just claiming that their hair "feels thicker" or "feels healthier". Come on, people. This is not the way, and of course those shouldn't count. Let's all make an effort and provide good, comparable pictures.
Even through this whole thing doesn't look too good, I will keep doing it until November and will monitor my progress with pics. I will also try the everyday approach locally and will let you know what happens.

Also @roberta, what's your take on the evidence provided by the studies? Do you have any explanation for the failure to replicate their overall results here?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dunno why people are mad now.

It's really a typical success story here, a hyper-responder comes to forums, post his pics and then everybody thinks they'll have the same results.

No, you won't.

I still believe dermarolling helps a little bit with minoxidil, but dermarolling alone has been tried many times before this thread even existed on other forums and it was bullshit.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to admit this, but that is a very important recap.
I said it several times and I will say it again. This thread was flooded by dudes who started needling and also started minoxidil (or finasteride) at the same time. This trial IS NOT the place to do that, and now the consequence is that it has clouded the judgment of lots of people here.
On the other hand, yes, a lot of alleged responders are just claiming that their hair "feels thicker" or "feels healthier". Come on, people. This is not the way, and of course those shouldn't count. Let's all make an effort and provide good, comparable pictures.
Even through this whole thing doesn't look too good, I will keep doing it until November and will monitor my progress with pics. I will also try the everyday approach locally and will let you know what happens.

Also @roberta, what's your take on the evidence provided by the studies? Do you have any explanation for the failure to replicate their overall results here?

I agree here. One can get easily carried away by some super responders. But even if regrowth is for most people minimal it buys us precious time until new treatments hit the market...hopefully, in the not too distant future.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont get what people are f*****g complaining about,

This thread is full of results not just people who have only just started finasteride and are wounding.

Find me the same results with new users of minoxidil alone? there are none.

If you can't tolerate finasteride there is nothing else out there apart form CB. The only evidence is one responder who the thread was about? no it isn't , theres a tone of others who have started this in conjunction with minoxidil and not finasteride with in my opinion clearer results then numbers guy because they have a buzz cut kept to the same level with same lighting etc.

Besides this we have studies saying it works

and besides that, (this really blows my mind that no one on a new research section on a thread about wounding gives a sh*t) folica literally just announced that their studies shows wounding alone causes regrowth. Stop being sheep and actually read whats out there.

"• Follica conducted three clinical studies of patients with androgenetic alopecia, which demonstrated hair follicle neogenesis via biopsy following skin disruption, and hair growth through target area hair count. One of these studies demonstrated that skin disruption alone was safe and generates not only new hair follicles but also terminal (visible, thick hairs). Follica is further developing and testing compounds that enhance these effects."

Stop whining being negative and be happy that there is now another option (or AN option for some people) as a treatment besides finasteride , your going to put people off who could potentially improve their life with this.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same thing seems to happen with every new treatment thread. Early promise/optimism, then a few months in people seem to jump on a bandwagon and simultaneously claim the treatment doesn’t work, and it loses momentum.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amen, this is nothing but a trial. Especially if you're needling alone. It has been established by now that microneedling + minoxidil has a good chance of helping.

But needling alone is still a worthy persuit, we just don't know about specifics and optimal procedure, hence people here trying it out. Calling it a scam or worthless is bs emotional drivle.

Those who are needling and also started minoxidil are the smartest ones and obviously have the highest chance of success. Nobody is doubting that. What I am saying is that given the purpose of this trial, we should not make inferences based on those cases for reasons that have been explained several times before.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
So my situation is:

I'm 3'5 months in, 8 sessions so far (1'5-1'75mm every two weeks)

I can't even tell if my hair has improved, worsened or stays the same. If anything, slight and unnoticeable changes.

Certainly shedding terminal hairs and hoping new ones are replacing.

My fear is now that I dont know whether to keep wounding or quit, because Idk if I'm close to start seeing results or if I'm only causing unreparaible damage.

I think I'm going to add one light session in between (once a week 1mm) for proper minoxidil absortion.

Bushi

Reaction score
Wanna give this a try, as a last resort. While we wait for NGF-574h to be released, since it probably won't be released for the next 6 months for the rest of the world.

But did any of you guys had dark circles under your eyes or aging of the skin from the minoxidil?
Cause my skin under my eyes is fairly thin to begin with.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanna give this a try, as a last resort. While we wait for NGF-574h to be released, since it probably won't be released for the next 6 months for the rest of the world.

But did any of you guys had dark circles under your eyes or aging of the skin from the minoxidil?
Cause my skin under my eyes is fairly thin to begin with.

I personally didn't, but others said they have. I think a lot of people apply minoxidil to their hair too close to bed time, before its completely dried in. This can lead to your pillow absorbing the minoxidil, so when you're twisting and turning in your sleep, your face is also rubbing into your pillow. This is my opinion anyway as to why people experience these problems. I apply minoxidil 3-4 hours before bedtime and never had this issue. Always wash your face after use as well.

Mashed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had been dermarolling alone, not long enough to assess it's efficacy as a stand-alone. Had Morr-F 5 arrive along with some Kirkland liquid.

Currently, am doing 1ml of Morr-F every night. Won't be applying Min on morning Mon-Thu, as I work away and am not appearing at a client with grease-ridden hair.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get it...the point is Minoxidil is working far better with needling..so what's the problem guys?
Yes!!!!!!

LOTS of people here have reported that min has done nothing for years but now it does.

I tried with no min and have had little results.

Now I will try with min and experiment with daily (maybe each two days) needling like @ToLGuy at 1mm.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes!!!!!!

LOTS of people here have reported that min has done nothing for years but now it does.

I tried with no min and have had little results.

Now I will try with min and experiment with daily (maybe each two days) needling like @ToLGuy at 1mm.
Are you gonna do it over your whole scalp?
I am first going to do it on a single temple, for comparability purposes. If eventually I see some difference between the daily needled temple and the weekly needled one, I will apply the process to my whole scalp. It will be interesting.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you gonna do it over your whole scalp?
I am first going to do it on a single temple, for comparability purposes. If eventually I see some difference between the daily needled temple and the weekly needled one, I will apply the process to my whole scalp. It will be interesting.

Just crown I think. Maybe temples.

I did my first daily 1mm yesterday. Will do my next tomorrow.

lol I haven’t even figured out where to buy Min from yet :p

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly wound healing properties.
Didn’t the Indian study use it before wounding and not after?

For all of the doubters — While I really don’t think wounding is going to help you without an AA, it’s been effective for many people across the years. There is a 250+ thread on baldtruth dating back to 2013 on it. While it’s not a new concept, it was hard for people to continue it long term. Wounding in conjunction with min has been the only thing to ever help my vertex. (I was on min for almost a decade the first time I wounded). Best of all it’s costs essentially nothing.

Unfortunately, the gains went away when I didn’t wound for a year or so. I moved in with a gf and kept missing sessions over and over until I comepletly gave up. I’m back doing it again with Min and LiCi and I think it’s helping. At the very least it nukes my scalp itch.