Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had been using Derminator -2. And roller for a few days...head turned kind of hard shell....after 10 days I thought its cured..but the head looks still hard and dead skin shedding...it has been 2 weeks..I will be skipping for another week... thinking to go back to pen. never had issues with pen doing weekly. the dead skin peels off between 4th and 6th day...and the head looks healthy for next needling session at the end of the week.
When I switched to 2mm from 1.5mm, I had more skin peeling and I guess shock loss. Back to 1.5mm and no shedding anymore.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For some people, microneedling will work. For others, it won’t. Same as every other treatment. Simple.
I think everyone knows this. What many of us want to know here, is what percentage of people actually respond to this. If a treatment works for 1 out of 100 subjects, then it fits the typical "it works for some and for others it doesn't" or "everyone is different" catchphrases, even though such a treatment would be a pile of crap at response rates of 0.01.
We obviously know that needling have worked for some individuals, but we MUST determine what percentage of dudes can actually get benefits from this.
According to the studies, 100% of the subjects responded. Those studies led to extremely high expectations for people who began needling in this thread, and figuring out that in this case the percentage of responders is FAR from 100% is a hard knock for a lot of us. There were solid reasons for us to believe in this, and it is pretty understandable to see some disappointment here and there.

Still, best wishes to those who are getting awesome results :). I hope I can eventually get there someday.

Last edited:

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still of the belief that damage needs to occur in order to get regrowth. As mentioned in previous weeks follica is talking about going deeper with their wounding. There is science behind that theory. Currently i'm wounding hard every 17-21 days. I take my DR pen and go over my head 15-20 times. Blood isn't pooling or anything, but i have blood spots all over. Seems to be working but obviously need more time to evaluate going forward.

I think people see the original poster and expect that they'll do 4 passes over there head every week and that will be enough. Remember we had 2young who wounded super hard and regrow a full head of hair. My point is we've seen different methods work with this. If one doesn't work why not try another? Especially if wounding is safe.

A lot of new troll accounts popping up these last couple of weeks.

@roberta being the new one of this thread.

lol agreed. I'm surprised though it didn't happen earlier in this thread. People trying to discredit this. Not saying this applies to everyone as there is definitely constructive criticism in this thread. Still it makes you think.

I still can't understand how people would give up on something like this so soon yet take drugs that can affect hormones. I took finasteride before and had horrible side effects for years until they gradually improved. Was a terrible time in my life. Yet there are still "studies" that say side effects are minimal? People act like these drug companies have their best interest. These companies could care less. They just care about money. Last thing they'd ever want is something else that could hurt there bottom line.

Schmiggy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride and nizoral for a couple years. Just tried my first session at a easy 1 mm. Maybe I pressed too hard (I made sure not to pull or tear) but man did I bleed. Still pink 48 hours later. I buzz my head to a 1 guard as is so not sure I can continue this and look like I’ve been sunburnt constantly. Any recommendations to reduce the redness? I didn’t apply anything afterward.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride and nizoral for a couple years. Just tried my first session at a easy 1 mm. Maybe I pressed too hard (I made sure not to pull or tear) but man did I bleed. Still pink 48 hours later. I buzz my head to a 1 guard as is so not sure I can continue this and look like I’ve been sunburnt constantly. Any recommendations to reduce the redness? I didn’t apply anything afterward.

No good ideas. Make sure you do it on a Friday night or something so you can wear a cap on a Saturday :)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
@roberta are you here for a reason? Inbetween your posts and a handful of other duds there’s a group of people including me that are experimenting with needling.

If you’ve given up, or have nothing else positive to contribute to the topic, this website has sections for finasteride users AND chicks.

dermaroller666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been 2 months i wound.I don't notice a decrease of sebum.And i have a problem,i cut my long hair with dermaroller and i have a shedding because of that.
I have to fix this problem by buying the dermastamp
I think always wounding is the solution .I see more people on this thread are pessimistic.You have to let everyone express themselves. Everyone thinks what he wants
It's not death if people do not believe it

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm needling since end of December now. The one picture is from mit February, the other picture is from today. Maybe it's doing something? Hard to tell...

I'm on minoxidil and RU for more than 4 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190502-180256.jpg
    Screenshot_20190502-180256.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 694
  • Screenshot_20190502-180618.jpg
    Screenshot_20190502-180618.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 721

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/
do your f*****g research @ Alex Cuntface
"Mean hair count increases of 40% were observed in PSO-treated men at 24 weeks"
this is literally the definition of "working very well". sure you are not a troll?

@ToLGuy
look dude, this is also "research"
wonder if you can replicate this study :)

Seriously, how can this be a troll? Not really hard to grasp what my point is, but some people just really want to be stupid
whatever, some people are in denial.
That PSO study looks good. If its so effective why has it not joined The Big 3?

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
86FCB7CB-B7E3-4C29-B086-E7921F5D2D36.jpeg

FB5C6CAD-FA12-41CE-BC8B-8A30E1287F8B.jpeg
Where has all this negativity come from?
Are you guys even needling for long enough and doing it correctly? And even so, just because it’s not working on you don’t spoil it for everyone, this has already worked for loads of people and can help people in the future.. it literally saved my social life and let’s not put off people trying it who come to the forum because it didn’t work for YOU..

The fact remains.. this worked in studies and its worked for loads here

This is 5 months.. it’s slow but it’s filling in

INT

Reaction score
View attachment 118322
View attachment 118321 Where has all this negativity come from?
Are you guys even needling for long enough and doing it correctly? And even so, just because it’s not working on you don’t spoil it for everyone, this has already worked for loads of people and can help people in the future.. it literally saved my social life and let’s not put off people trying it who come to the forum because it didn’t work for YOU..

Nice. You on anything else?

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 118322
View attachment 118321 Where has all this negativity come from?

Hi, are you using a dr pen / derma pen ?
whats your regime?

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using a cheap derma pen like what the guy is using who the thread is about

I use minoxidil twice a day

I was using minoxidil prior to needling on and off for a couple of years with no success

does it sting like a mofo to apply minoxidil after derma rolling?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using a cheap derma pen like what the guy is using who the thread is about

I use minoxidil twice a day

I was using minoxidil prior to needling on and off for a couple of years with no success
Any shampoo or supplements?