Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
same here , hair feels much healthier and better overall quality; its like the growth factors are winning the battle against dht/inflamation ,but without the free estrogen we cant get the 5alfa blokers regrowth, i was on finasteride for 6months and 4month off to date(i fully regret taking it), i quit due to mild sides ( i was a very good responder; i was getting a 12 yo hair if i continued) within 3 months i started mironeedling , so i have baseline to compare with (hair ithch ,shed and quality wise) and its definitly some thing going but its very much slower compared to finasteride,hope that it gets better with time.i strongly believe that this is the right approach, if hair loss was gradual over a years period ,then reversing it will take some time, also i do believe that the hair begin to suffer since the beginig of dht production (pubrity) , every pattern will act in a diffrent way, slow ones will benefit the most from any treatment and severe ones will struggle more, i guess i was lucky with relatively medium loss pattern and catching it early is helping a lot.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i have skipped a week of rolling, and my scalp still feels really good.
It seems that even a session once a month might be great for removing the itch.

And i'm mantaining. It feels really good to not have to worry so far.
Yeah i'm not getting much regrowth, just hair quality improving and a few vellus here and there, however just the fact that i don't feel like i'm on a time leash is great.

It's been three months and my hair still looks exactly the same. It's definitely working for me, i'm mantaining beautifully.
Sorry if it’s already been asked but are u on min too? Or just needling? Also, how hard do you wound? Thanks!

Reaction score
A close-up of my right temple after 21 days of using a 1.5mm dermastamp on it at a frequency of 1x ED. I continue to use a derminator at a depth of 2mm every 14 days (since October) on the rest of my scalp with no vellus hair or new growth to show for it. I'm excited to see what will happen over the course of the next month.

Attachments

• Before and after.PNG
    Before and after.PNG
    944.5 KB · Views: 819

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A close-up of my right temple after 21 days of using a 1.5mm dermastamp on it at a frequency of 1x ED. I continue to use a derminator at a depth of 2mm every 14 days (since October) on the rest of my scalp with no vellus hair or new growth to show for it. I'm excited to see what will happen over the course of the next month.
Lemme get this straight. You have been wounding since October at 2mm every 14 days and didn't got any regrowth..... And when you started doing it everyday, you got that undeniable regrowth in your temple?
Also, do you have before and after pics of your progress BEFORE your everyday approach?
Are you on minoxidil as well?

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i see that most people had a good feedback from this micro-needling and i'm highly attempted to try this out.

but here's my concern. I remember back in december 2015 when i made my first a PRP session where the doctor injected prp using syringe into my scalp. i had the same day the worst shedding in my life. and it last for a month or more.
i feel like the more i touch my hair the more i'll loose. and i'm fearing that the same thing happen with the dermaroller.

did users notice shedding when they started Dermarolling ??

@ghosthairkillah @longtimelurker

Reaction score
Lemme get this straight. You have been wounding since October at 2mm every 14 days and didn't got any regrowth..... And when you started doing it everyday, you got that undeniable regrowth in your temple?
Also, do you have before and after pics of your progress BEFORE your everyday approach?
Are you on minoxidil as well?

Hours after my first needling session on the left, a week ago on the right. I've been using 5% topical 2x daily since March of 2016.

Attachments

• 20190421_173457-COLLAGE.jpg
    20190421_173457-COLLAGE.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 812
Reaction score
i see that most people had a good feedback from this micro-needling and i'm highly attempted to try this out.

but here's my concern. I remember back in december 2015 when i made my first a PRP session where the doctor injected prp using syringe into my scalp. i had the same day the worst shedding in my life. and it last for a month or more.
i feel like the more i touch my hair the more i'll loose. and i'm fearing that the same thing happen with the dermaroller.

I definitely noticed shedding using a dermaroller but when I looked at my scalp with a digital microscope I noticed that the dermaroller was cutting random hairs. I do not see any loss lf hair that I can directly attribute to the derminator.

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't think I've ever really had a shed, at least that I noticed. After a month I was getting fewer hairs shedding than I had prior to needling/using min

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It most likely won't cause you to shed more.
You can start slow and safe with a 1.5mm roller every 3-4 weeks.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, we still have very few anecdotal accounts and we need more, but so far, those who have undergone a high frequency approach (wounding everyday) have gotten results. So far, we have Chen, Somebody and now longtimelurker. Of the three of them, I believe Longtimelurker is the most valuable case mainly because of two reasos:
1) he has demonstrated regrowth with comparable, high quality pics.
2) regrowth was achieved in an unbelievable time frame (21 days)
3) his particular history allows us to infer with relatively decent confidende that his recent regrowth is due to an increase of frequency: he was needling in the traditional way since October (every 14 days as established by one of the papers), and he wasn't getting much. Then, this apparent non-responder (who was also on finasteride and minoxidil several years prior needling) started doing it everyday and got undeniable regrowth. I can't think of any other reason to explain his recent regrowth other than upping his needling frequency to everyday.
Now the question is, what will be the response rate of this new approach if applied to a large sample of people? We still don't know coz we don't have any other everyday needler testing this. I will do it since May/June and will provide pics, but we need more of us trying it.

@longtimelurker 's results should be an invitation to more people to try it that way.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, we still have very few anecdotal accounts and we need more, but so far, those who have undergone a high frequency approach (wounding everyday) have gotten results. So far, we have Chen, Somebody and now longtimelurker. Of the three of them, I believe Longtimelurker is the most valuable case mainly because of two reasos:
3) his particular history allows us to infer with relatively decent confidende that his recent regrowth is due to an increase of frequency: he was needling in the traditional way since October (every 14 days as established by one of the papers), and he wasn't getting much. Then, this apparent non-responder (who was also on finasteride and minoxidil several years prior needling) started doing it everyday and got undeniable regrowth. I can't think of any other reason to explain his recent regrowth other than upping his needling frequency to everyday.
Now the question is, what will be the response rate of this new approach if applied to a large sample of people? We still don't know coz we don't have any other everyday needler testing this. I will do it since May/June and will provide pics, but we need more of us trying it.

@longtimelurker 's results should be an invitation to more people to try it that way.

I’ve been doing dermarolling with 1.5mm everyday with minoxidil for 7-8 months now and it didn’t do jack sh*t. Hairline is even worse than before. Maybe some thickening on the center of the scalp but that’s it.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been doing dermarolling with 1.5mm everyday with minoxidil for 7-8 months now and it didn’t do jack sh*t. Hairline is even worse than before. Maybe some thickening on the center of the scalp but that’s it.

If it’s just starting to thicken up now you’d be mad to stop.

Are you rolling or machine stamping / pen?

Are you using min?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Remember that @chen is also on drugs.

Anyway what I’m thinking about is calcification again.

Some people claim that they are having benefits from scalp massaging. What if daily needling at 1mm or less (say you’re Chen) is essentially just a form of massage. I think you are possibly just massaging away the calcification?

Thoughts?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. Didn't know there were more people out there trying that approach. This is why we need more people trying it. We need to know the responder/non-responder ratio.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A question :

if the needle go through a follicle it didn't damage it ?