Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mine is coming soon..I'm on dutasteride, Stemox, Tretinoin and a bunch of thing...hope Derminator will help me ! Along With castor oil...I stopped minoxidil because i never got any result...

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine is coming soon..I'm on dutasteride, Stemox, Tretinoin and a bunch of thing...hope Derminator will help me ! Along With castor oil...I stopped minoxidil because i never got any result...

How do you use / apply Tretinoin? Any product you can recommend?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How could you have that much regrowth in 12 days? It just doesn't seem possible...
I agree that's quite estonishing even if he uses minoxidil.
tbh I 'm experiencing blatant thickening in crown area in just 1month with dermaroller alone. I had just overall thinning(hello norwood 5/6) but not really loss of density. that could prove wounding has a good potential to maintain hairs on its own.
but for regrowth they are very sparse where I want them (first third). My guess is if you start wounding at early stage you could have your aag quite under control with dermaroller(maybe it's also depending on how agressive the hairloss is) .that could be the case for ghosthairkillahintestin he sures has regrowth but I think he actually recovered thinning hairs for most. you can see miniaturized hairs all over the palce on the first pic .

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that's quite estonishing even if he uses minoxidil.
tbh I 'm experiencing blatant thickening in crown area in just 1month with dermaroller alone. I had just overall thinning(hello norwood 5/6) but not really loss of density. that could prove wounding has a good potential to maintain hairs on its own.
but for regrowth they are very sparse where I want them (first third). My guess is if you start wounding at early stage you could have your aag quite under control with dermaroller(maybe it's also depending on how agressive the hairloss is) .that could be the case for ghosthairkillahintestin he sures has regrowth but I think he actually recovered thinning hairs for most. you can see miniaturized hairs all over the palce on the first pic .
Mantain without finasteride? I hope so, I don't know if I should start derma, I'm nw1.5 diffuse and I scared to lose all hairs

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1st pic 1 month ish
2nd pic 4 months ish

Slow but steady

Not needled for 2mm for about 3 weeks now because i’ve been really busy and cant needle that depth when i need to do my hair to go out, so instead I’ve been using a 1mm roller every day and lightly going over head a couple of passes.

What i’ve noticed is that my hair still continues to get better even tho i’m not doing 2mm, wether it was a case that I needed to heal from doing it every week or that my 1mm daily is doing the trick I don’t know, going to continue doing the light 1mm from now on see how I go

Id say I’ve done about 14 2mm sessions with a pen in total. Itch has also completely gone for me now

66BC95D8-E0C7-4C56-91EF-86277F504B6D.jpeg
945F0486-66E0-4DC7-A53F-7AB9176D8F73.jpeg

j4r0d

Reaction score
Mantain without finasteride? I hope so, I don't know if I should start derma, I'm nw1.5 diffuse and I scared to lose all hairs

My advice is don’t do it. Wait a little bit more to get something really more diffused. I did it for 4 month which should be enough for seeing the beginning of something, but I can tell you that I really got to diffuse much faster while needling.
My final word for diffusers interested in needling would be; if you still have enough hair for descent haircut and nobody really complains about your thinning hair but you, don’t do it for now.
Now if you are already very diffused (see through scalp with any lighting), and you buzz cut already, give it a go (you ain’t much to lose).
For those who are skeptical, I haven’t seen any pic of diffusers with minor thinning getting any result from needling but further thinning/hairloss. On the other end, I saw a bunch of pic of terminal stage diffuser getting some impressive results...

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My advice is don’t do it. Wait a little bit more to get something really more diffused. I did it for 4 month which should be enough for seeing the beginning of something, but I can tell you that I really got to diffuse much faster while needling.

Can anyone with a little knowledge on microneedling weigh in on this? - it doesn’t really make sense to me why there’d be a difference at all. Also there was at least one poster with minor diffuse on his crown that seemed to benefit greatly from microneedling. I’ve relatively early diffuse and would like to give this a go but maybe I shouldn’t?

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My first reaction when i read about dermarolling is that it cant be healthy on a long term basis. I mean creating a wound thats aprox. 50 cm2 every 1-2 weeks on the same skin seems like a bad idea.

I tried to read about about side affects and this was the article i also found. The reasoning behind the article sounds legit, but i cant tell since im not educated in medicine, and i was too lazy to check the references.

What i do now though is that the same company/webpage sells cosmetic products for skin. Bases on their product it seems they sell products aimed to combat wrinkles. That means they are in direct competition with any company that advocates and sell dermarollers.

It would be interesting to read the references in the article and a bit more about the company.

Did you find any other negative articles about dermarolling?

And there's why you immediately know it's a suspect claim

In the case of minoxidil, it's not really the body becoming adjusted to the topical. Minoxidil's mechanism of action is poorly understood, but what it is known is that once you start using it, it synchronizes all of the follicles so they get all in the growing phase at the same time. If you have everyone of your follicles growing in synchrony, the outcome is that your previously thin zones will look fuller. However, DHT will keep damaging follicles and making them shrink, and that ongoing process, along with the eventual de-synchronization of follicle growth several months after initiating minoxidil, leads to an eventual progress of hair loss. This has been thoroughly documented in scientific papers, and I think one of them establish that the average time when people actually start falling below baseline after using minoxidil is 2 years. In my case, I think I have never felt below baseline, but I definitely lost my initial regrowth before reaching a year (I also take finasteride so that is keeping my hairloss from progressing below baseline). Of course, those who also start needling might not lose that regrowth as the mechanism of action of microneedling seems to be different from minoxidil's,but we need more long term accounts to know for sure that needling gains are not lost for most of people.

So what's the point of even using min if it doesn't work long term? I've only been on a few months and considering just dropping it

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my first session with the dermapen today and honestly with the small circular needle it is very difficult to do proper damage and cover the whole scalp. Slow and very easy to miss out spots. I'll be going back to dermaroller because it covers a larger area and much easier to reroll and cover areas if you fell you didn't do enough damage the first time.
Dermapen is certainly not for me.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

No I don't use anti androgen but to be fair I forgot to mention I added (again) nizoral 2% few weeks ago. This could be a synergy nizoral+wounding that thickened hairs. dunno?! but I never experienced such result with nizoral so dermastam does the trick for the biggest part in my opinion.
For you , I don't know really. nobody know until they try. But My advice d be to use dermastamp instead of dermaroller. I tested both and dermastamp is 1000x better eventhough electric device is the holy grail. What you can do is just wounding a small area and see how it goes during a couple of months . You have nothing much to lose in the meantime I guess.

j4r0d

Reaction score
Can anyone with a little knowledge on microneedling weigh in on this? - it doesn’t really make sense to me why there’d be a difference at all. Also there was at least one poster with minor diffuse on his crown that seemed to benefit greatly from microneedling. I’ve relatively early diffuse and would like to give this a go but maybe I shouldn’t?

Everyone is responding differently, thats true for any treatment. There is no exception for needling. The obvious answer would be find it out by yourself.
I only gave my comment, as I was in a similar situation as yours 4 month ago. I remember looking a video on youtube from dr Prassad about needling and his feedback was for diffuse people it resulted in more harm than good. At that time, I said screw it, this guy wants to sell something after all. So I did needle and honestly it is not positive (there has been few people already reporting the same feedback, diffuser but with below density than average). Hence my comment, if you are just trying to get a bit more density but got okay hair, don’t go for it. If you hair look like sh*t, you might see some positive results. This is just experience, not absolute truth.

The-Johnny

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm 31 years old. My hair has taken a tremendous hit since I started smoking a about 1-2 ago and it has reached a point were I'm seriously considering FUE, but I have also started dermarolling, pictures below. Hopefully I can get some density back, or what do you think guys? Should I just go FUE instead?
20190419_005250.jpg 20190419_005314.jpg
Xs70gXq

DBQKmJI

tH6dZi9

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm 31 years old. My hair has taken a tremendous hit since I started smoking a about 1-2 ago and it has reached a point were I'm seriously considering FUE, but I have also started dermarolling, pictures below. Hopefully I can get some density back, or what do you think guys? Should I just go FUE instead?
View attachment 117410 View attachment 117411
Xs70gXq

DBQKmJI

tH6dZi9
I don't believe smoking is that relevant to be honest

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm new in this thread and i have a questions

- micro needling is known for a while and people are using it for a while too, So what is the new things or trick that make it successful right now and specifically in this thread ?? is there any specific Technic to use it or it's all about how to choose the best Dermaroller ??

- how is the percentage of peoples using Dermarolling and getting a good feedback ??

- if Dermarolling is used without minoxidil it will give a good result or it should be with minoxidil ??

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
My final word for diffusers interested in needling would be; if you still have enough hair for descent haircut and nobody really complains about your thinning hair but you, don’t do it for now.
Now if you are already very diffused (see through scalp with any lighting), and you buzz cut already, give it a go (you ain’t much to lose).
For those who are skeptical, I haven’t seen any pic of diffusers with minor thinning getting any result from needling but further thinning/hairloss. On the other end, I saw a bunch of pic of terminal stage diffuser getting some impressive results...
Ye got it thanks, unfortunately to mantain I have to stay on finasteride and be a dead dick :(

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1st pic 1 month ish
2nd pic 4 months ish

Slow but steady

Not needled for 2mm for about 3 weeks now because i’ve been really busy and cant needle that depth when i need to do my hair to go out, so instead I’ve been using a 1mm roller every day and lightly going over head a couple of passes.

What i’ve noticed is that my hair still continues to get better even tho i’m not doing 2mm, wether it was a case that I needed to heal from doing it every week or that my 1mm daily is doing the trick I don’t know, going to continue doing the light 1mm from now on see how I go

Id say I’ve done about 14 2mm sessions with a pen in total. Itch has also completely gone for me now

View attachment 117398 View attachment 117397

Insane man. I just wanted to pop in and say i agree. Results are also slow and steady for me as well. Thickening in all areas. I just actually noticed something new yesterday. I have a bunch of brand new vellus hairs popping up all over, this is now at month 4. I know there are a couple people that get insane short term results. But to me this is definitely something that keeps improving my hair month to month. I'm excited to see where things may be when i get to say the 8 month mark. Everyone is different.

I have also switched up my wounding method. I go fairly hard every 14-15 days. go over my head like 15-20 times with the DR Pen. It bleeds in spots all over, but it isn't anything crazy at all.

Everyone is responding differently, thats true for any treatment. There is no exception for needling. The obvious answer would be find it out by yourself.
I only gave my comment, as I was in a similar situation as yours 4 month ago. I remember looking a video on youtube from dr Prassad about needling and his feedback was for diffuse people it resulted in more harm than good. At that time, I said screw it, this guy wants to sell something after all. So I did needle and honestly it is not positive (there has been few people already reporting the same feedback, diffuser but with below density than average). Hence my comment, if you are just trying to get a bit more density but got okay hair, don’t go for it. If you hair look like sh*t, you might see some positive results. This is just experience, not absolute truth.

Respectfully i disagree. My baseline and the way i style my hair you can't really tell i was losing hair. I maintained this on minoxidil for years. Now my hair is thicker than ever 4 months in and still improving.

I think if your not getting results you can try varying things. In terms of length, damage, frequency ect. Try maybe wounding hard once a month and giving things more time to heal.