Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update from me:
I was worried for a while that my gains would stop or that I might start losing my gains. After being on treatments for only 6-7 months (3 months of rolling), I knew that that wasn't long enough to trust that they would be permanent, and I also read some people stopped gaining after around that much time.

So I wanted to up my microneedling game. Got the Dr Pen A6 about a month ago now, and its been great. Tried out a few different settings, speeds, and lengths. Generally just looking for some blood and good redness. No pain no gain :)

In the past month since getting my A6, I've had some of my best gains to date. Maybe the best month. I'm no longer shaving my head down to nothing. I have a NW2/3 pattern that is filling in, and I started from a NW6/7 just over 9 months ago.
Hair length on top is reaching new heights as well. Still pretty diffuse in that pattern, but it's definitely getting thicker.

I also recently added Collagen Peptides following a recommendation from a user here. Ordered the Macha green tea flavor from Amazon. Its actually pretty delicious when mixed with milk + a spoon of sugar. Tastes as good as if not better than the Starbucks macha green tea drink.
I believe the Collagen peptides have definitely sped up my hair and nail growth rate and health.

also: It was windy the other day and I felt the wind blow through my hair for the first time in over 10 years.

Keep fighting the good fight. I'm gonna post some more pics again soon. I am taking the photos to track progress, just waiting for some milestone, maybe at my year mark.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My last 3 needing sessions have been "heavier" with 8-9 days rest between I really think this has caused an uptick in results. Just food for thought for those who may not be getting anything. Maybe try a heavier type session once or twice a month with more rest.

Now when i say "heavy session" i mean this - What i do with My Dr pen is go over my head 3-4 times till redness. Then i repeat that two more times. By the third cycle i'm usually able to draw blood from any area. I usually take a 1 min break between cycles. Yeah there are blood spots all over, but my head is not pooling blood or anything at all, not even close. This is just a bit more intense.

My goal is to get back to near full head of hair and then do a heavy type session once a month. Remember there is alot we don't know about this needling thing, in terms of different protocols. Everyone won't react the same. Some may get results from mild redness, some heavier sessions, some from needling more often (chen). Alot of variables.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Healing process differs for everyone. But 1.5mm and 2mm/1x week is a hard regimen imo. And don't be scared about shock loss, that will come back as far as I know. Check out the healing chart:
View attachment 115298

I'm doing 2mm/x1.5-2 weeks. I believe you need to give your dermis the time to heal. I still feel stinging after 4-5 days after needling when I'm brushing my hair/scalp.

@Capone We need a list of alternatives for minoxidil.

This is what i'm kinda alluding to in my earlier post. Since the wound healing process can go on for so long, maybe we can get away with doing one "heavy" session a month". One session where we "get our money's worth" and then just let the healing process do its thing for four weeks. Maybe that is enough, again we don't know. This could also help ease the concerns of people that think were needling to often. Remember people that do this to their face do it every 4-6 weeks.

For now i'm sticking to my regimine every 8-9 days cause its def working, but i'm open to trying different approaches in the future.

Tommo1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested testing their c reactive protein levels for inflammation and compare with guys who have and haven’t responded well to treatment?

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what i'm kinda alluding to in my earlier post. Since the wound healing process can go on for so long, maybe we can get away with doing one "heavy" session a month". One session where we "get our money's worth" and then just let the healing process do its thing for four weeks. Maybe that is enough, again we don't know. This could also help ease the concerns of people that think were needling to often. Remember people that do this to their face do it every 4-6 weeks.

For now i'm sticking to my regimine every 8-9 days cause its def working, but i'm open to trying different approaches in the future.

Weil, the brazilian study is about monthly heavy needling. Good results IMO. But sadly just two people for some reason.

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

After being inactive for over a month I am here to give you an update on my current situation. I‘ve kept my regimen which means needling every two weeks at 2mm, no minoxidil, but 1,5ml RU 3% solution every night (not after needling)

I am now nearly 4 months in. My progress in the last month was slower than I expected in February, but I think I can say that I maintained with some slight improvements.

Because I am getting impatient now, I already ordered a bottle of minoxidil and I am thinking of starting it after my next needling session. Even though I never wanted to use it again, when I had a huge shed last year (went below baseline) after stopping minoxidil after 6 months of usage. (dont ask me why I stopped it, I dont really know why) But now after 4 months on my current regimen, I think it is safe to say that I am now above baseline (before my minoxidil shed).

So now that I know/think/believe that I can maintain what I have without minoxidil, I think I am ready now to add it into my regimen to become a Norwood 1 ;)

Heres my last post from February with pictures:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-333#post-1766745

What do you think? Should I start minoxidil or wait and see if have more regrowth on my current regimen?

Attachments

• 3E9B591F-05EA-4FA0-B944-1D2AC68A3B41.jpeg
    3E9B591F-05EA-4FA0-B944-1D2AC68A3B41.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 749
  • 3A6CC0CD-ADA9-4C8D-A493-0B2DE7B04707.jpeg
    3A6CC0CD-ADA9-4C8D-A493-0B2DE7B04707.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 660
  • 428485E8-FD3C-4E5F-81DC-E98AB2B086B5.jpeg
    428485E8-FD3C-4E5F-81DC-E98AB2B086B5.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 646
  • E4031590-C85D-4ECF-B8C2-EAD1141AC14D.jpeg
    E4031590-C85D-4ECF-B8C2-EAD1141AC14D.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 701
  • FEF56255-070D-4217-A7FA-4760F4709DFA.jpeg
    FEF56255-070D-4217-A7FA-4760F4709DFA.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 700
  • 8B81B6C2-0AA9-42E7-8E92-C1DB2669E952.jpeg
    8B81B6C2-0AA9-42E7-8E92-C1DB2669E952.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 841

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just bought an electric head massager to add to my regime....going to do that twice daily.....never used one before and it feels amazing!

So im needling 2mm once a week....minoxidil twice a day and scalp massage with an electronic head massager twice a day.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought an electric head massager to add to my regime....going to do that twice daily.....never used one before and it feels amazing!

So im needling 2mm once a week....minoxidil twice a day and scalp massage with an electronic head massager twice a day.

Which head massager did you get? The one's that people have bought from japan seem to be effective for some but they are super expensive. I do seem some similar ones on the US amazon but not sure if they work as well.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which head massager did you get? The one's that people have bought from japan seem to be effective for some but they are super expensive. I do seem some similar ones on the US amazon but not sure if they work as well.

I just got one off Amazon...was about £35 so nothing bank breaking....it was similar to this (without me logging into my account to see which exact one)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Massager-H...pons&keywords=electronic+scalp+massager&psc=1

One thing it does do its pulls of ALOT of dead skin when its doing its thing....have to almost wash my hair after.

Oribv1324

Reaction score
guys . im not using any med atm. should i jump on dermarolling? im a 22 years old blading guy . im afraid of minoxidil but wodnering if i should jump on dermapen once a week 1.5mm

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, don't have to tell me about it. Some people here worship fina like it's their god. "bu..bu nobody has side effects, look at the official studies from our friendly multibillion pharma company, surely they would not lie?!"

Seen it so many times. Guys defending fina to the death because they think it's their only hope and a couple of months/years later they said they quit because of sides.
Huh? I think most of us finas users are aware that there is an undeniable risk of sides. The sides are actually mentioned in the published studies, so I don't really agree there. Finas users who say the pill is side-free are just stupid or intellectually disjonest.

On the other hand, those who say that finas has a 100% of probability of causing sides is also spewing bullshit. Either satanizing or idolizing finas as a religious dumbass is absurdly in disagreement with the available evidence, so one must be cautious of not being part of either extreme.

I've been one of the lucky ones of having no sides after being on finasteride for 3 years. But of course I don't deny that sides are a thing, a serious thing to consider. I understand why most people here are trying to avoid it.

NotJason

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys (and girls)

Long time lurker here and I’ve been following this thread with particular interest. I honestly have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised over the last few months with seeing an emperical study being back up and delivering on a relatively large scale here.

I am a 23 year old diffuse thinner. I’d say I’m a NW1,5 +- but with a large decrease in density over the last two years.

Anyway, I had my first needling session 6 days ago and did 1,5mm with the Dr Pen. Hairline hurt a lot more than the crown and it remained red for a few days compared to the crown.
I plan to start min in a few weeks but just have graduation in a months time so want to avoid a shed before then (rather safe than sorry). I also plan to needle every two weeks at 1,5mm.

One question I have; over the last day or two I’ve had a large amount of dead skin with almost a waxy composition coming off my scalp where I’ve needled. I know flaking at this time is common but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this? (Scalp healing or getting rid of excuses sebum etc?)

I will keep you all updated over the next few months and would just like to say thank you to you all for the effort put in. Appreciate it.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@NotJason - Welcome! Peeling/flaking seems to be common for some people, although not everyone reports it. I tend to peel flake around Day 4 after a session through until Day 7-10 or so! This very likely is the top layer of skin peeling since being needling - so is peeling, no different than having a sunburn.

Note - skin peeling is common after microneedling on other areas of the body as well. I'm not sure if is *required* - although it is certainly a response from the body to replace those dead skin cells.
"It is normal for the skin to peel after microneedling treatments within a few days. Microneedling creates a large number of tiny punctures on your face, which your body responds to by initiating repair. A new layer of skin is produced and the old skin begins peeling off. The peeling will be minimal, similar to a mild sunburn."

As for the scalp in particular- I do wonder if some of us have a large buildup of excess sebum/dead skin. So when initially starting needling - it is helping the exfoliation of this buildup, aside from the repair and rebuild of a new layer of skin.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
On second thoughts just combing through my hair before i apply minoxidil( i decided to keep using topical along with oral)l i think there is a difference, wish i could get the same angle and lighting when it comes to pics, oh well. But im definitely noticing something happening, nothing drastic but a change for the better imo, when you are checking your hair constantly small changes are sometimes missed.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks a little better to me to be honest, not radically changed but the left-side of the crown looks a little denser. Although the light does seem stronger in the first photo.