Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, I am pretty sure that (for some) dermaneeding causes shock loss. For 4 mos straight I needled (1x week, 1.5mm), and the left and right side of my temples thinned out like never before. I know that for some people, this is accompanied by new growth...... that was not my experience. For the last month I stopped needling and the shedding decreased dramatically. As frustrating as it, it seems like there might be something to the shock of it all. I don’t understand that, because it seemed like only positives could come from this. Never the less, it has been my experience. When I started, I could notice my lack of density, but not others. Now, it is easily noticeable, in all lighting situations. I’m glad some have gotten great regrowth, but it seems that this really only helped with those that had diffuse thinning. I just needed a bit of a density boost in the temples, and ended up far worse. This is also while using minoxidil with sandalore.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, I am pretty sure that (for some) dermaneeding causes shock loss. For 4 mos straight I needled (1x week, 1.5mm), and the left and right side of my temples thinned out like never before. I know that for some people, this is accompanied by new growth...... that was not my experience. For the last month I stopped needling and the shedding decreased dramatically. As frustrating as it, it seems like there might be something to the shock of it all. I don’t understand that, because it seemed like only positives could come from this. Never the less, it has been my experience. When I started, I could notice my lack of density, but not others. Now, it is easily noticeable, in all lighting situations. I’m glad some have gotten great regrowth, but it seems that this really only helped with those that had diffuse thinning. I just needed a bit of a density boost in the temples, and ended up far worse. This is also while using minoxidil with sandalore.
Minoxidil is needed. I just wish they’d bring something out that has the same working mechanism as minoxidil but none of the water retention and cardio issues bullshit. Then again I don’t think anyone knows how minoxidil actually grows hair.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is needed. I just wish they’d bring something out that has the same working mechanism as minoxidil but none of the water retention and cardio issues bullshit. Then again I don’t think anyone knows how minoxidil actually grows hair.
I was using minoxidil. @Pigeon - you may be right. Might try again with less frequency, but scares the crap out of me.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometime I hit patches on my head when my dermonator gets bogged down. Today it ruin my needle ( the needle part ripped off). Anyone run into this? I’m thinking it is running into small patches of Seborrheic keratosis , which are waxy, and the needle gets stuck in it.

Yep, I get that all the time. It mostly get's stuck at my hairline where the hair loss/fibrosis is worst.

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm definitely seeing some positive results. Can't wait for Dr. Pen to come in. Top pic was around 2 months ago...bottom today.

Attachments

• 20190318_122716.jpg
    20190318_122716.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 877

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Healing process differs for everyone. But 1.5mm and 2mm/1x week is a hard regimen imo. And don't be scared about shock loss, that will come back as far as I know. Check out the healing chart:
View attachment 115298

I'm doing 2mm/x1.5-2 weeks. I believe you need to give your dermis the time to heal. I still feel stinging after 4-5 days after needling when I'm brushing my hair/scalp.

@Capone We need a list of alternatives for minoxidil.

I am doing 2mm dermastamp once a week. It really hurts like a b**ch every time. I've done 3 seasons so far. I'm using rosemary oil and taurine mixed in water as my topical every day except on the needling day. I apply castor oil almost immediately after I needle. I'll update in case I get some positive result. It's still very soon though. I'm also taking sulfasalazine, a multivitamin & a vitamin E supplement.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3rd session in a row in which my lymph nodes have enlarged. First 9 months or so, I wasn't getting enlarged lymph nodes.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A 1.5 mm dermaroller... moderate pressure 1x weekly and there has been a couple times I lightly rolled a few days after. Also minoxidil with sandalore but my gut tells me the rolling is main catalyst.

Given your level of hair loss that's a great result. You ought to continue and see where you are 8 - 10 months from now.

AlwaysSouth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing blurred vision?

I have been using Minoxidil from last 8-9 months. I didn't have any improvement and my balding got wrose earlier and I was not using regularly earlier. But from Dec 2018, I started derma rolling and using the Minoxidil regularly twice every day. From past few weeks, I have been experiencing blurred visition. Initially, I thought that I am expericing eye sight due to age (39+). But today, after using the Minoxidil, I immediatly noticed effect. I just Googled to find out if its anything to do with Minoxdil and found this - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5028441/

I don't want to stop the Minoxidil. I am noticing improvement with derma rolling and the Monixidil. Please suggest alternatives.

baldman329

My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I will have my 24th session of solely microneedling, so that's six months like in the study. There has been no noticeable results and my hair has continued to thin and shed. In my opinion minoxidil is crucial for regrowth...should I keep needling?

Add Minoxidil to your needling

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i didnt want to post any pictures supporting the claims from my last post until i hit the 6-7 month mark in june-july.......... but, I got alot of unexpected positive feedback without even providing pictures, so i thought i would post my results 3 months earlier.... also, I think my post can help more people if i post it now.

MY REGIMEN AND HAIRLOSS SITUATION

hairloss type : diffuse thinning, tight scalp/ not flexible

my regimen used to be only minoxidil 1 time a day for 2months but it didnt do anything or extremely little results, so i completely stopped minoxidil and never used it again.

then, after i stopped using minoxidil i shaved my head................... and I let my hair grow alone for 3 months, without doing or using anything, letting nature take it's course and this below was the result

( picture taken with the worst possible lighting without flash ). ( so this picture is 3months after i shave my head, without using anything as regimen)

View attachment 115244

AFTER THIS, i decided to shave my head again every week, until i got my first dermaroller 1.5mm (real needles) because of this forum.

So I started using 1.5mm dermaroller, starting with a shaved head and letting my hair grow, for 3 months

So, the only difference with the pictures below is that my regimen is :

- dermaroller 1.5mm every 2-4weeks on all my head

- scalp massages with my hands and a wooden anti cellulite brush to remove scalp tension and improve flexibility ( i do it whenever i feel like it for 1 minute to 3minutes)

- (NOT USING MINOXIDIL)

( i have different very unflattering pictures, with flash and without flash to make it look very worse)

WITH FLASH

View attachment 115246

WITHOUT FLASH,,,,,, BUT UNFLATTERING LIGHTING
View attachment 115247

What do i think so far about using dermaroller 1.5mm real needles and scalp massage for 3 months? zero shedding and slow but steady density gains, crown area is the hardest to get gains. I will keep doing this for a year.

let my quote my last posts :

SIDE BY SIDE

View attachment 115248

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT....im considering stopping....I have some worries, well i guess they are pretty irrational, im not sure how long i can keep using this dermaroller and massage regimen, 2 years? 10 years? 20 years? Because i dont know if there are longterm risks.

-scared of skin cancer risks
-scared of flesh eating bacteria
-scared of damaging galea with massages

this actually gives me anxiety, just being real right now.

.. other than that, my hair is just getting better and better.

let me know what you guys think of everything

People don't always see positive results in the first few months with Minoxidil. Plus some others have started to see results only when combining minoxidil + needling. A few others I have read tried oral minoxidil (pill form) which worked great for them when they didnt see results from the topical solution.
It's cheap, so may be worth trying again now that you are needling. Or maybe try the foam stuff out too (or liquid if you were using foam previously)

It's nice that you are getting results from just needling