Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Necr0sis - looks fine to me. I don't get that many pin pricks typically though usually they occur for me at the hairline if they do. Are you doing just your hairline or more of your scalp?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
For you guys with the dermapen, how often do you go over the same area? I have the a6 and go 1.5mm at about the 4th fastest setting.

Presently, I press and lift vertically over my crown for about 5 "columns", and then do it horizontally as well over the same area. Then I go through twice across my hairline, and after that my scalp feels pretty intense, but I'm not sure if I should do it more than that.

baldman329

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is everyone cleaning the dead skin cells and residue from minoxidil? I am using the nivoral shampoo twice to three times a week and bioton shampoo. I have a buzz cut and realize lots of dead cells/residue even after shower. I been using cotton balls and isopropyl to clean my scalp. Wondering if anyone have better ways.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone dealing with scalp itch? I dermaroll lightly daily (following @chen 's regimen) and my scalp is itching like hell. What can I do to reduce the itch?

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed that when I brush my hair, very few hairs fall out, maybe five at most when previously it would have been five times that.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed that when I brush my hair, very few hairs fall out, maybe five at most when previously it would have been five times that.
I don't brush my hair but even I am noticing significantly reduced hairfall after I started daily massages and dermarolling. Don't want to jinx it. Fingers crossed. Hope the best for you brother.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't brush my hair but even I am noticing significantly reduced hairfall after I started daily massages and dermarolling. Don't want to jinx it. Fingers crossed. Hope the best for you brother.
A few people have seen results here from needling alone + massages. Do you do massages manually, or with a device?

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few people have seen results here from needling alone + massages. Do you do massages manually, or with a device?
I have been on finasteride and min for 3 years with no results. After seeing some posts about massages and microneedling I started both. Initially I used to massage using my hands but that really hurt my fingers so I started using an extremely old electric massager lying around in my house. Something like this but very old -> https://www.amazon.com/Back-Massage...body+massager&qid=1553175394&s=gateway&sr=8-4
I massage 5 mins with the comb attachment and 5 mins with the "nipple" attachment xD

Last edited:

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results, both of you.

I made a post a few days ago about hitting 9 months and seeing some great strides recently since starting my Dr Pen A6 regimen (switched to pen from 1.5mm dermaroller and upped my frequency + intensity)

Was going to wait a few more months before posting, which I will do again, but wanted to share this little collage I put together.
In it is 1 month, 3 months, and 9 months progress.

https://imgur.com/QIZAaGq
QIZAaGq

nxpPUD3

Nice results there, could you tell us how long you have been on finasteride for? did you start this around the same time as the needling?

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally reached the 3 month mark myself a couple days ago having done 7 needling sessions in those 12 or so weeks. So averaging a session 1X every couple weeks roughly. I was aiming for every 7-10 days, but life gets in the way... vacation, work, etc. I usually do 1.5mm, though sometimes end with 1.75mm or 2.0mm if I'm feeling up to it.

Pitch/angle of my head is not the same in these photos, so it makes things look more favorable in the later photos (more hair appears on forehead due to angle, but there definitely isn't). None the less, there is regrowth on the crown!

View attachment 115383
Love your updates. They not only are one of the best seen so far, but the best documented one.

Looking forward to seeing your 4th month update. At this rate you'll be a thick NW1 at the 5th month mark

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@paul1988 - Thanks! That top down angle is great to see the crown progress. It is a bit deceiving though to judge density. My crown hair is certainly growing again and growing longer which is good. Overall density is still pretty thin though which is difficult to tell from that angle.

I'll try to put together a front comparison again as well, or some from different angles if I can piece together some similar photos. My temples are fairly receded and there isn't much progress there. I did have some stray hairs pop up out of nowhere at the hairline initially, but not much action since.

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
@paul1988 - Thanks! That top down angle is great to see the crown progress. It is a bit deceiving though to judge density. My crown hair is certainly growing again and growing longer which is good. Overall density is still pretty thin though which is difficult to tell from that angle.

I'll try to put together a front comparison again as well, or some from different angles if I can piece together some similar photos. My temples are fairly receded and there isn't much progress there. I did have some stray hairs pop up out of nowhere at the hairline initially, but not much action since.
Amazing results, congrats! Doesn’t look like you experienced a shed in the first couple of months either? Or did you get one?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cvcsticks - It doesn't appear that way from the photos, but I did start finasteride/minoxidil a week and a bit prior to starting needling. It felt like it continued to thin for the first month, but then the photos show otherwise. I didn't take a baseline photo when starting the finasteride/minoxidil though, but that was only a week'ish prior needling.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Found a minoxidil+Dermaroller 2 month progress thread on Reddit.com/r/tressless here:
Dude (u/KolaJ23) seems to have some hairline progress:

Minoxidil + Dermaroller 2 Month Results - What do you see?
Here are the images.
ORr1Esz.png

PTDDUnH.png

oulTAmE.png

I can't tell if the baby hairs are from hair lost or if they are from new hairs growing. Let me know

Last edited:

TNTS

Reaction score
shaved my head today and i notice a whitening effect all over my forehead and nw6 area...wtf...?
there was a post about that but i can't find it...

TNTS

Reaction score
You still use sandalore? Maybe from that.

yes, right after needling...one month in and i see some positive results...but this is very annoying and makes me worry. Do you read something similar at sandalore thread?

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results there, could you tell us how long you have been on finasteride for? did you start this around the same time as the needling?

9 months of Finasteride in the left photo.

I started dermarolling 3 months after Finasteride, 1.5mm once every 10 days, was getting minimal bleeding if any, didn't want to hurt myself. But I did get redness and soreness for maybe 1 day.
I dermarolled like that for 4-5 months, and then at my 7.5 month mark from starting treatments (Min/finasteride/nizoral) I switched to a Dr Pen.

So I've been using the Dr. Pen every 7-8 days, 1.75mm, fastest setting, 30 pins, drawing as much blood/soreness as I can handle for the past 6 weeks.