Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my experience, the spot you've taken a photo of won't show immediate results. My most "amazing" results came on the top of my scalp. Temples, widows peak etc are making progress but it's much, much slower than my initial gains on the top of my scalp.

Stick with it.
Really appreciate you staying with us after the ban, people like you are really important here

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm on minoxidil for 7-8 years then started needling about 13-14 weeks ago. I also didn't have a terrible baseline. This needling thing has singlehandedly been the best thing i have ever done for my hairloss. I'm hoping at the 6 month mark things are even better.

I've been reading this thread since the beginning. I would say the % of people who are at least seeing something positive is very high, and its still very early. Everyone is different, some may take alot more time. I just hope people stick with this. Its not that costly or time consuming and their is actual science behind it.

BTW idk if this has been posted. This was from reddit. Guys been 4 months derma and minoxidil. 1 month finasteride. Obviously different lengths but looking on the right path.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/av4v8o/4_month_progress_41m/

Which device do you use?

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This must be why people dismiss some hair regrowth success stories when it's a Chinese person. I've seen many mentions of someone having "Asian genes" and their results have been dismissed because of that.
I think anyone that is trialling a protocol should specify their ethnicity for this very reason.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about Brazilian peeps?
http://www.surgicalcosmetic.org.br/...ica-de-microinfusao-de-medicamentos-pela-pele
EDIT: God f*****g dammit... The link no longer works. Son of a ballsack.
EDIT 2: For some reason that link doesn't work when I click on it here, but it does work if I Google it. Oh well. It's a study done on 2 dudes who didn't respond to Minoxidil. They did monthly sessions on them.
And about my race... Let's just say I didn't pick my username for no reason.

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This weekend I'll finally rejoin you! Can't wait to start needling again. :)

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not really interested in this, but this video popped on my facebook so I thought I would post this

If you saw this guy's latest video update, you can see he's regrown quite a lot of hair. He used to be slick bald. Ao that's quite impressive. Apart from dermarolling, he also rinses his hair with apple cider vinega before. And, he uses topical DHT blockers.

Saying that, I did my second dermastamping session yesterday. It was intense. I drew some blood. It hurt like a b**ch. I applied rosemary oil after 2 hours. So this is how I'll go about it, I reckon.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you saw this guy's latest video update, you can see he's regrown quite a lot of hair. He used to be slick bald. Ao that's quite impressive. Apart from dermarolling, he also rinses his hair with apple cider vinega before. And, he uses topical DHT blockers.

Saying that, I did my second dermastamping session yesterday. It was intense. I drew some blood. It hurt like a b**ch. I applied rosemary oil after 2 hours. So this is how I'll go about it, I reckon.
Wow, he doesn't even use Minoxidil right? And only does 0.5 mm, interesting...

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, he doesn't even use Minoxidil right? And only does 0.5 mm, interesting...
Nope. But he uses topical dht that contains pumpkin seed oil, saw palmetto, nettle roots etc. I took nettle tea for a month following that I had a horrible hair loss. It is different for each people. What works for one person may not work for another. But one thing is constant that if you microneedle, then there's huge possibility that you will have some sort of success

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With dermarolling, if you discontinue using it, will you lose what you've gained like you would with minoxidil or finastride?

I started it about 4.5 month's ago, along with the other two, so I can't say which one has worked for me but I absolutely hate dermarolling! I'd like to stop using it but the results I've had so far are fantastic so I'm contemplating whether or not I want to do it. It's time consuming, painful, and it leaves my hair looking like crap for about 3 days afterwards.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With dermarolling, if you discontinue using it, will you lose what you've gained like you would with minoxidil or finastride?

I started it about 4.5 month's ago, along with the other two, so I can't say which one has worked for me but I absolutely hate dermarolling! I'd like to stop using it but the results I've had so far are fantastic so I'm contemplating whether or not I want to do it. It's time consuming, painful, and it leaves my hair looking like crap for about 3 days afterwards.

This is still a bit of an unknown, as far as I am aware. There is some anecdotal evidence that you keep your gains but I think that was only one guy's experience. Maybe others know more but we're still in the early days of trialling this.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have "fantastic results" Why not continue but on a lower frequency. Microneedle once/two weeks or if you really hate it once/month OR get some pain numbing product.

Edit: Saw your pictures, yup those are great results indeed!

I usually do it once per week but perhaps you're right. Pushing it to every 2-3 would make it feel like less of a chore.

Last edited:

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do it once a month for maintenance. I don't think stopping it altogether is a good idea

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well guys, I think in a couple of months, i'll join the dermarrolling team :) it's not easy for me because I live with my family and I don't want them to find out. My question to you is, as a Norwood 2.5 Who just wants some of his temples back, would you just dermarroll that area or the whole scalp? Also, you think in such a soft case is better the regular approach or the Chen way?

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well guys, I think in a couple of months, i'll join the dermarrolling team :) it's not easy for me because I live with my family and I don't want them to find out. My question to you is, as a Norwood 2.5 Who just wants some of his temples back, would you just dermarroll that area or the whole scalp? Also, you think in such a soft case is better the regular approach or the Chen way?
Needle only temple area. If you're diffuser needle whole head

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Do think that you need more than just needling if you want to regrow your temples.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do think that you need more than just needling if you want to regrow your temples.
Im also on finasteride since 2017 (i was norwood 2) in last months what's left of my temples is getting diffuse. Also I'm a Minoxidil non responder. Another option is adding dutas but I'm scared

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
Straight into the deep end. There's no time wasting when it comes to balding!
That’s how I feel about all of this, no time to waste trialing things separately, bring out all the heavy weaponry you can manage and go full out assault mode. I’m happy with the results I’ve had so far but I’m constantly researching and ordering more drugs/compounds I can add topically. I have a feeling my results are going to explode when I add Cilostazol, Equol and Procyanidin to the mix.

Don’t be a Guinea pig, just go all out fellas