Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Ryko

Reaction score
I just wanted to share this article maybe it can shed some light:

Why dermaneedling/dermarolling can not cause skin cancer
In order for cancer to occur, a DNA strand need to be fully severed, which is referred to as a double-strand break. Single-strand breaks can be easily and quickly repaired by the body. Double strand breaks can occur as an effect of ionizing radiation, aggressive chemicals, viral infection or even mechanical cutting action, as is the case with asbestos fibres smaller than 1m, because that is a size small enough to be able to penetrate a chromosome. In addition to their small diameter, asbestos fibres, due to their crystalline nature, are perfect knives in the sense that their cutting edge is perfectly sharp and straight on the molecular level, and thus able to cut DNA like a razor blade cuts a strawberry.

It would stand to reason to assume that needles would similarly be able to cause cancer, but fortunately that is not the case, otherwise tattoo artists would have gone out of business a long time ago due to class action lawsuits, legislation and insurance companies refusing to insure them, and people would warn against getting tattoos because everyone would know that they would increase the risk of skin cancer, which they don't.

The reason needles can't cause DNA damage is because even the sharpest needle tips are so big, compared to our chromosomes, that it would be like trying to cut a strawberry with the blunt end of a broken banana. This is the point of a needle in comparison to a red blood cell:

Chromosomes are about the same size as red blood cells. It's clear to anyone with a grasp of basic physics that it is impossible for a needle to even make a dent in a chromosome, let alone break the molecular bonds in its very much smaller DNA strands. The tip of the needle would simply push the chromosome out of its way, especially on such a microscopic scale, where mass inertia decreases by the third power of the linear size (diameter) of the structures. Cutting a DNA strand with a needle tip would be literally as hard as cutting a steel cable with a piece of styrofoam the size of the Empire State Building. It is a physical impossibility - the laws of physics prevent it.

It is theoretically possible though that there is a greater chance that the UV from the sun causes cancer in freshly needled skin, because it can be imagined that the UV can easier reach "open" skin. That is why the skin has to be protected against the sun, a couple of days after dermaneedling. But the needling itself can do no harm.

Hairo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey do you know how dermapens /rolling etc is used on acne scars .Do you think it would be good for FUE / Strip scars etc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, people, I'm back to share my experience. I've been dermarolling from End of August 2018 + minoxidil. I also added dutasteride instead of finasteride.

My hair loss is worse than ever. Middle of the scalp is literally bald. My hairline is shittier week by week.

I've been doing 'Somebody's method', dermarolling with 1.5mg every day. Insane inflammation on the scalp, it literally hurts if I touch it.

I will try 1.5mg Dr. Pen once a week and drop dermarolling every day. I'm afraid of another shed.

Don't know what to do to be honest. Probably will try to add some RU on CB in the mix and oral minoxidil. I don't know.

Keep rolling.
Sounds like you need to get to the Dermatologist and get some cortisone cream. It sounds like once you get that under control you can treat your hairloss. But Alex Somebody said that he had the same issue. Get inflammation under control

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm seeing results but the pain is so bad it demotivates me from doing sessions! is the pen better than the roller for pain? any user experiences?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm seeing results but the pain is so bad it demotivates me from doing sessions! is the pen better than the roller for pain? any user experiences?
Hey man.
There's no definitive answer to that. Some people will tell you a pen is less painful. Others will tell you the opposite. In short; it varies from person to person. So you'd have to try it yourself. That'd be the best option!
Good luck!

zinny999

Reaction score
jWx2n7W

So the infection is to my Eyelids, both to left and right.
MY eye pupils were 100% ok, but it seems my tear duct was blocked and a lare pimple like cyst developed.
So applying Min/Ru/ should be avoided for 3-4 days. I'm scared now to try dermrolling again at home. May go to therapy clinic and get professionals to do it.

I was going to attach my eye infection picture, but is imgur blocked on this site? how about Reddit?

I just had to paste it here, it won't link as an attached link.
http://imgur.com/gallery/jWx2n7W

Last edited:

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@zinny999 Damn, you have styes. Those can be painful. I've had those before many years ago - well before I was on Minoxidil.

Wash/clean your eyelids with Johnson's baby shampoo on a hot cloth. The cause is typically from bacteria ... which Btw can also be from seborrheic dermatitis.

Use hot washcloths as a warm compression multiple times per day until they get better... do it lots! Those bastards can harden and turn into 'chalazion' cysts if left untreated. Ask me how I know! I had to have multiple surgically removed.

My theory is that it was due to a really bad flare up of Seborrheic Dermatitis. I used coconut oil on my face at the time and that was food for the SD fungus, no different than they feed on your sebum oil. Anyways - it really irritated my eyes and I developed styes.

zinny999

Reaction score

You're correct and it is one of the small oil glands within the eyelid (internal hordeolum). Again never had this happen before. Not sure if it was due to Dermarolling, but the coincidence is that this, happened the first time (styes) during the same week as I was rolling.

Rolling had great result, it stop my hair shedding by 50-60%, just not sure is worth the sacrafice for chances to have damn f*****g styes in my eyes.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
jWx2n7W

So the infection is to my Eyelids, both to left and right.
MY eye pupils were 100% ok, but it seems my tear duct was blocked and a lare pimple like cyst developed.
So applying Min/Ru/ should be avoided for 3-4 days. I'm scared now to try dermrolling again at home. May go to therapy clinic and get professionals to do it.

I was going to attach my eye infection picture, but is imgur blocked on this site? how about Reddit?

I just had to paste it here, it won't link as an attached link.
http://imgur.com/gallery/jWx2n7W

Sorry for being dense, but im not understanding the connection between dermarolling, apply minoxidil/ru afterwards, which results in an eye infection. Can you explain?

Edit: just saw your message above.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Styes can be a result of dry eyes as well - the eyelids not being able to excrete the typically liquidy substance from the tear ducts. Instead it is tougher than usual and gets stuck.

I'm not sure if Minoxidil could be related or not... but worth looking into.

I can only share my experience with styes - and my opinion for myself was it was related to uncontrolled seb/derm. I do remember finding some studies which did talk about a correlation.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're correct and it is one of the small oil glands within the eyelid (internal hordeolum). Again never had this happen before. Not sure if it was due to Dermarolling, but the coincidence is that this, happened the first time (styes) during the same week as I was rolling.

Rolling had great result, it stop my hair shedding by 50-60%, just not sure is worth the sacrafice for chances to have damn f*****g styes in my eyes.

most people dont get infections with microneedling if they use 70% rubbing alcohol before and after using the tools and if they wash the target area. Minoxidil is most likely clean if its kirkland or rogaine or just a known brand.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do you get your RU?

(Im not sure about it) There is not alot of people using it.

and most guys i heard using it said it's banned in many countries.

maybe its the sourcing of the ''drug''--------- maybe the RU isnt really made in a lab with top grade pro hygene guidelines and you got unlucky

sure microneedling didnt help, but something defenitely got into your system

just throwing ideas out there

Losingitsince14

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious why so many people are needling without min, when the studies supported the idea that it greatly improves its effectiveness. Theres also a good amount of people who said min didn't work for them in the past but has worked when they combine it with needling

zinny999

Reaction score
@HairForceOne @overpourgoodfortune @rizaster - I can see that some of you had a history of eye infections.
This is my first, I been using Rogaine+RU for over 3 years and never had any issue with stye in my eyes.

I have also Done Derma rolling but very shallow at .25 just to see if I can handle dermarolling.
Recently I bought derma pen .5 as I heard this would give me best result.
For first 3 weeks, YES it was just as anyone have mentioned. My shedding almost halted.

Everytime I apply minoxidil or RU I used to see around 40-50 hairs on my hands and the facial tub.

After rolling for 3 weeks I barely see more than 20-15 hairs/
I got really excited and this time I added RU in after each rolling, not just normal amout but atleast double 1ml. Around 2ml and then that's when my first stye occur on the left eye. Then it went away after 5 days. I stop everything rolling/minoxidil/ru/.

Then I restarted 2 weeks later with just Mnox, after a week I re added RU. Then I add Rolling again, just less then 2-3 days after rolling another stye appear.

So yes it could be coincidence, I'm not claiming fact as I need to see doctor again. This is really just a warning.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eye problems, such as blurry vision, are a rare side effect of minoxidil. My uncle got it.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after a month of no needling (and after needling for a month; 2 sessions) I can safely say that my shedding is back. They're mostly thin, miniaturized hairs. Could be some sort of coincidence but I don't think so.