Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many of us already reached the 3 month mark? The survey designed by @benjt2 is very helpful, but to better summarize all of this info, it occurs to me that the survey can be translated into a simple table, so it would be easier to visualize and compare data, and also to estimate summary statistics.
@benjt2 do you mind if I use the data or your survey to make a table? Also, I'd be great if more people fill in the survey (it's posted on another thread in this section I think).
Of course. The data is "public domain", anyone can do with it whatever they want.

Regarding my own results: They continue to be as non-existent as before. I am now 4 months in, still no results whatsoever. Want to report them again though as people were suggesting non-responders at the 4 month mark are only due to a lack of minoxidil.
To recap my regime:
  • Weekly electric dermaneedling at 1.75 mm (only in affected areas, i.e. front and temples, plus 2 cm into my remaining hair and 2 cm below hairline)
  • minoxidil 5% (rogaine) once a day
  • Added scalp massages one month ago, haven't been doing them as regularly as I would have liked
  • No results at all at 4 month mark

The new results published by @chen are very encouraging though. Basically he is doing what @Somebody (Alex) was doing very successfully. Maybe higher frequency is really the way to go? Or maybe, to reap the benefits of both deep but seldom needling and of shallow but more frequent needling, we could try to follow a hybrid approach? I was thinking as follows:
  • needle deeply, at 1.75 mm
  • let your skin heal for one week
  • now needle daily at 1.0 mm for one week
  • repeat
Basically, we would be alternating between deep and seldom needling, and shallow daily needling.
Opinions?

Thanks a lot @chen for not only answering our questions, but also for posting very helpful and insightful photos! Obrigado!

@chen could you answer the following questions, so we can get a better picture of your whole process and progress?
  1. When did you start dermaneedling? (month + year)
  2. Since when do you use minoxidil? (month + year)
  3. Since when do you use finasteride? (month + year)
  4. What kind of device do you use for dermaneedling? (roller / stamp / electric pen)
  5. Which length are your needles? (in mm)
  6. How often do you needle?
  7. When did you see the first noticeable regrowth? (month + year)
I created a full-blown survey for assessing/tracking everybody's progress here. I will send you the whole survey via PM. Take your time to answer it, it's a bit long.
It would be great through if you could already answer these 7 questions.

Thanks a lot!

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I.... think I'm cured? I honestly don't know what's happening but my shedding is down and it looks like I'm regrowing hair RAPIDLY. At the beginning of the year I was Norwood 2, or at least that's what I tried to believe, honestly I was a 20 year old diffused Norwood 3. Now though? Every single day it looks better, I check my hair once in the evening and once at night and each time it seems like it might be getting a little better, now though? It's obvious, and I'm shocked every time I look in the mirror. None of my family has noticed yet, or at least they haven't said anything, but I can tell that stranger's are treating me a little bit differently at work and such, more smiles, more questions etc. Unfortunately I didn't take before pictures as I couldn't stomach to look at them, or even myself, I regret that very much as I robbed myself of a definitive benchmark, however looking in the mirror now its stunning, I can't stop staring at what's happening. I keep touching my hair so much I'm sure I'm making it greasy, I used to get depressed running my hands up the back and then on top only to feel the difference in thickness, there's no such thing now. I can still see through to the scalp under intense lighting, however under ideal lighting it looks all thick and wooly. The retrograde on my sides doesn't stretch as high either. The best part though? I haven't added minoxidil as others have. I've been on it for two years already with no breaks, the only new treatments I'm employing are the new ones, microneedling and sandalore. When I added sandalore two weeks ago it really started to kick up, it seems wounding and a compound that accelerates the healing process is the winning combination. I'm going to wait until April 1st (it's just a coincidence I promise haha) which is exactly 3 months since I began my regimen to post pictures, ensuring a have enough growth that it can't be dismissed as "lighting" etc. But if it keeps up at this pace I might just have to post sooner, because the last time I looked in the mirror I GENUINELY gasped, until I brushed the bedhead "poof" away it looked just like it did when I was 17. I'm so grateful for this thread, and recommend everyone here throw sandalore into the mix as well.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Time for me to post some pics I've never posted before. This was one of the most crucial aspects of this dermarolling experiment for me. To see if it would work on my diffuse sides... something very few people with normal male pattern baldness experience.

And, I have to say, it was a success.

My sides looked so shot to hell and diffuse and now they look restored:

View attachment 112928 View attachment 112929

geting better....
View attachment 112930

now:

View attachment 112933 View attachment 112932 View attachment 112934

I’d love to see you go short again and compare your first shot back then :)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I.... think I'm cured? I honestly don't know what's happening but my shedding is down and it looks like I'm regrowing hair RAPIDLY. At the beginning of the year I was Norwood 2, or at least that's what I tried to believe, honestly I was a 20 year old diffused Norwood 3. Now though? Every single day it looks better, I check my hair once in the evening and once at night and each time it seems like it might be getting a little better, now though? It's obvious, and I'm shocked every time I look in the mirror. None of my family has noticed yet, or at least they haven't said anything, but I can tell that stranger's are treating me a little bit differently at work and such, more smiles, more questions etc. Unfortunately I didn't take before pictures as I couldn't stomach to look at them, or even myself, I regret that very much as I robbed myself of a definitive benchmark, however looking in the mirror now its stunning, I can't stop staring at what's happening. I keep touching my hair so much I'm sure I'm making it greasy, I used to get depressed running my hands up the back and then on top only to feel the difference in thickness, there's no such thing now. I can still see through to the scalp under intense lighting, however under ideal lighting it looks all thick and wooly. The retrograde on my sides doesn't stretch as high either. The best part though? I haven't added minoxidil as others have. I've been on it for two years already with no breaks, the only new treatments I'm employing are the new ones, microneedling and sandalore. When I added sandalore two weeks ago it really started to kick up, it seems wounding and a compound that accelerates the healing process is the winning combination. I'm going to wait until April 1st (it's just a coincidence I promise haha) which is exactly 3 months since I began my regimen to post pictures, ensuring a have enough growth that it can't be dismissed as "lighting" etc. But if it keeps up at this pace I might just have to post sooner, because the last time I looked in the mirror I GENUINELY gasped, until I brushed the bedhead "poof" away it looked just like it did when I was 17. I'm so grateful for this thread, and recommend everyone here throw sandalore into the mix as well.

What’s the link you use to by sandalore? Also how do you prepare it / use it?

Good stuff by the way!

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the link you use to by sandalore? Also how do you prepare it / use it?

Good stuff by the way!
SCITUS Sandalore 10ML | Imitation Sandalwood Fragrance | CAS # 65113-99-7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JVG8SZG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZENACbBYE4D3B

Thanks!

Mix 5 drops of this in 30ML propylene glycole, mix well and let sit for 24 hours
Then add to 30ml ethyl alcohol and you're ready to go. Just apply 1-2ml every night and shake well before applying each time.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on your results man.

I’m thinking of adding sandalore to my regimen. I have a bottle of it and some ethyl alcohol. Is there anything else I should mix it with? And may I ask what ratio you are using?

Also, did u experience a shed when first using it? Thanks!

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a new member. I have been reading this forum for long time, and only decided to become a member now as I decided to start dermarolling+minoxidil. I am going to take pictures and participate to the experiment on this thread.

I am going to start with Derminator as soon as I receive it (waiting to receive the shipment at the moment). I will take pics before starting so I can compareat at 3/6/12 months. Going to do it every 10 days.

I have a question regarding the cartridges: how many times can be used? how exactly to clean and keep them after use?

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how aggressive is your hairloss if you don't mind me asking?
It's pretty non-aggressive i think. I would say my temples started to recede at 17, i'm 27 now. My hairline is a bit better than in the profile picture but that is where it's headed. But it's hard to say exactly how aggressive my hairloss is since i've been on finasteride on and off for many years perhaps 4-5 and dutasteride for most of 2018.
finasteride and dutasteride makes my social anxiety and well anxiety in general way worse, didn't really connect the dots on that though until i went on dutasteride and could really feel it getting worse than when i was only on finasteride

Lele082

My Regimen
Reaction score
Layabout le tue foto ancora non mi convincono. gioco di luci e ombre. i capelli più lunghi secondo me non hanno una ricrescita per il tuo caso.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember this guy? I sifted through and translated his giant regimen and the mechanisms by which he claims each ingredient works. The writeup is a mess and tbh I forgot I had it lying around in a text file for months, but maybe someone can get some use out of it

He implements each ingredient at a different number of days after needling based on the timeframe of the healing process of the skin

Local use
- L'Oreal Professionnel Serioxyl Denser Hair 45ml (cell reproduction) + depakine VPA 15ml (wnt beta catenin); immediately after roller and every night
- Propoline ("almost complete profile of proteins" and antioxidant); 4th and 5th day after roller
- Revivscalp (boosts Propoline); 5th and 6th day after roller
- Follien (removing dead cells); 5th and 6th day after roller
- Aloe vera + xalatan (vehicle, analagous to prostaglandin F2alpha); 4th, 5th, and 6th day after roller
- Snail Repair Anti-Wrinkle Gel; from 4th day onwards
- Nature's Secret Turmeric Golden Cream (anti-androgenic, anti-inflammatory, wnt); 5th and 6th day after roller
- Jeunesse Luminesce Cellular Rejuvenation Serum (AAPE); 2ml one hour after roller, 1ml every 15 days

Oils
- Tamanu oil (skin regeneration and scar tissue antagonist); 4th day after roller
- 40ml Castor oil (pge2 agonist) + 10ml dmso (powerful solvent) + 50 drops menthol/mentha piperita (igf-1); 4 times a week from day after roller
- 20ml Black cumin seed oil - extra strong (pgd2 activator and hair diameter) + 10ml borage virgin oil (pge1) + 30 drops of rosemary essential oil; days 3, 4, 5, and 6
- Leontopodium alpinum (Edelweiss) extract (wnt); 3rd and 4th day after roller
- Vitamin E (irritation); 4th day after roller directly on skin

Oral supplements
- Selenium synergy (prevents thyroid problems with betadine); day of roller and day after
- Taurine (reduces oxidative stress and prevents fibrosis); 5g every night after roller and all week.
- Glycine (reverses DNA destruction); 10g every day
- Baicalin (prevents androgen receptor activation); 1g from the 3rd day after roller onward
- Ginkgo biloba (blood circulation); 180-200mg a day in 3 doses
- Jarrowsil (helps hair, nails, skin); daily 10 drops in water any time
- Oral castor oil (pge2, hair growth); 3 capsules daily
- Dry vitamin E (more pge2, less pgd2); 1 capsule 4th, 5th, 6th day after roller
- Betaglucan (immune system, wnt); 1 capsule the day of and the next two
- Olive leaf - oleuropein (wnt); 1 capsule daily
- Colostrum (igf-1, growth factors); 10g a day
- Norgesic (resets prostaglandins); 1 pill 5th and 6th day after roller

If any of that's BS it's not my claim it's from his explanations (or a typo)

Last edited:

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time for me to post some pics I've never posted before. This was one of the most crucial aspects of this dermarolling experiment for me. To see if it would work on my diffuse sides... something very few people with normal male pattern baldness experience.

geting better....
View attachment 112930

now:

10 likes, 0 regrowth.

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember this guy? I sifted through and translated his giant regimen and the mechanisms by which he claims each ingredient works. The writeup is a mess and tbh I forgot I had it lying around in a text file for months, but maybe someone can get some use out of it

He implements each ingredient at a different number of days after needling based on the timeframe of the healing process of the skin

If any of that's BS it's not my claim it's from his explanations (or a typo)
There’s no way I could follow that regimen, good god that’s dedication

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon ... end of the month. Though I doubt he'll be back. It'll just lead to pages of pollution from trolls.
Yeah, I might create a Reddit account to try and contact him; see if I can report whatever progress (or lack thereof) he's had. It's good to have info on long term cases.

On a side note, I'll be needling again soon after almost a month! Can't wait.

krk

My Regimen
Reaction score

geting better....
View attachment 112930

now:

I had similar thinning on the sides, and while I haven't got as good results as you (in 2 months), I am about 80% there. I think I can finally get a normal haircut with sides being shorter than the top without looking like I am balding too much.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been 13 days since my last session and I still have a little bit of flaking. Weird, never went on that long before. Usually by day 8-10 it would gone I think.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am approaching the 3 month mark on only needling (Chinese study) and understand how it is frustrating to see no improvement. You get that initial optimism when starting just to get your hopes down after some time. I know one should keep doing for at least a year but its hard to stay motivated sometimes. My biggest fear is falling into depression after finding out that yet another treatment isnt helping.

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys, what routine are you using?

i'm thinking of using 0.5mm dermaroller 2 times a week, use regaine straight after even though it might burn!
Do others use this protocol?