Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

whatintheworld

Reaction score
easy. you put the dropper right up against your scalp and then move it around without lifting it from scalp while letting drops go periodically

I've been using the foam which seems to get mostly stuck in my hair rather than penetrating well. I think I'll switch to liquid in the morning, and foam in the evenings since it dries so much quicker and I don't want it rubbing against my pillow/face while I sleep.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using the foam which seems to get mostly stuck in my hair rather than penetrating well. I think I'll switch to liquid in the morning, and foam in the evenings since it dries so much quicker and I don't want it rubbing against my pillow/face while I sleep.
I hate the foam lol
I use lipogaine, it dries in like two minutes.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only been needling for 6 weeks now and started minoxidil + Trinov + Finasteride around the same time so my progress don’t really relevant for this thread, but my hair feels/looks a lot thicker and and seems like it’s filling out. First pic was a day before Christmas, second was yesterday. My hair is even shorter in the second pic
View attachment 112410View attachment 112415
Great results

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like regrowth similar to mine.

Diffuse areas filling in 3/4 of the way all over.

Very, very good result. Don't ever stop needling lol, that should go without saying.
Thanks man yours is filling in super quick! Minoxidil once a day squad

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
lol
bro how do you cope so hard all these years using essential oils lmao

have you actually been helped by your serum? lol
Hey Layabout, did you have a big shed before your hair started to regrow? So far I didn't, I'm wondering if only people who get a good shedding experience regrowth.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Would you mostly attribute the decrease of itching to needling? Did it happen quickly, or was it slowly fading away?

I thought I was experiencing something similar. I FELT that immediately after needling my scalp would feel great and almost itch free for 2-3 days, even on my hairline. Then on day 4 I would feel the itch rebounding with a shed and my scalp would be flaking/peeling especially at hairline where my loss is the worst. I've done 6 sessions and it happens every time. Then on day 8 I do another session. This could be subjective but I felt that with every session the overall itchiness gets less gradually.

I am starting and stopping a lot of things in the past week though and my itch is coming back in vengeance to the point that I am losing faith in needling saving hairline on its own. Just curious if anybody else is experiencing this "slow decrease of itch" or is in my head.
I think needling played a big part. My whole top of my head was itching because of the PG in minoxidil, but my hairline has been itching since I went on dutasteride in summer of 2017. Before that it was way less. So now the itch is mostly gone, I have to attribute that to needling. I had another needling session yesterday, my scalp has been feeling very relaxed since. I love it. Makes me wanna roll hard, twice a week. I also do not get that 'injured' because of the needling. A bloody scalp and that's mostly it. Next day there's hardly any evidence I needled (and I push hard)). But I think I am gonna take my time and keep it at once a week for now.

Reactions: WMQ

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

new needler here that would like to start by expressing HUGE THANKS to the whole needling Task-Force and in particular to:

@74775446:
without you this thread and the (new) community Needling Trial as it is wouldn't exist! Sincerely hope Mods remove your ban and we have you back soon... Big Kudos for posting your results, giving people hope and for inspiring hundreds of us to give it a try - THANKS!

@layabout, @2young2retire, @PrettyFly, @Somebody, @Ludachris Batbak & others:
by posting your incredible results you have pulled even more of us in and narrowed down the best regimens - THANKS!

@Bill_Russo:
your continuous support keeps people on track & your FAQ thread makes things so much easier to find - THANKS!

MY REGIMEN
One Month in;
Dr.Pen Ultima A6 weekly @1.5 - 2 mm;
5% Minoxidil 2x daily @1 mL (including needling days);
0.5% Topical Liposomal Finasteride "Parati" daily @1 mL (except needling days);

MY RESULTS
Lost some ground so far, but was expected from other reports -
which is exactly why they are so important to keep us on track! ;)

Will be posting my progress regardless if good or bad and invite the others to do the same:
if only good results are reported, we will not be getting a real picture of needling effectiveness!

QUESTIONS FOR @layabout
(1) Are you using RED "STANDARD" LIPOGAINE
https://www.lipogaine.com/lipogaine-for-men-for-hair-loss/

or the quick-drying BLUE "SENSITIVE" LIPOGAINE
https://www.lipogaine.com/lipogaine-for-men-sensitive/

(2) Are you applying LIPOGAINE immediately after needling or waiting 24h?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but both Qs have been asked by @JWM2 in your success story thread and cannot find the replies anywhere (if any):
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ce-daily-minoxidil.120155/page-2#post-1763578

That's it for now - would not like to annoy you too much with my 1st post already ;)
(but will be happy to fill in on any not-too-personal Qs...)

EDIT: "DOT" replaced with "." in links because now I can post them.

Last edited:

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You inspired me to post some updated results even though I didn't intend to. I used the Derminator2 on Saturday btw.
All the following pics are in the same room, same position, same lighting:

so, once again, for the fiftieth time lol. same pics from beginning of treatment:

View attachment 112419 View attachment 112420

to show the gradual progression, this pic is from like less than a month ago, so the halfway mark of my treatment thus far:

View attachment 112421

and this is from right now:
View attachment 112422

Warning though guys, I went outside in the sun today walking to uni and got kind of a slight headache, so we need to exercise caution since this our only real danger with microneedling which is sun exposure. I didn't wear my jacket hood because i didn't think the sun would really penetrate through but I guess it did. I would say limit sun exposure on scalp for 3-4 days after needling

Are you sure there is a regrowth?
Best assessment can be made comparing same hair length

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

new needler here that would like to start by expressing HUGE THANKS to the whole needling Task-Force and in particular to:

@74775446:
without you this thread and the (new) community Needling Trial as it is wouldn't exist! Sincerely hope Mods remove your ban and we have you back soon... Big Kudos for posting your results, giving people hope and for inspiring hundreds of us to give it a try - THANKS!

@layabout, @2young2retire, @PrettyFly, @Somebody, @Ludachris Batbak & others:
by posting your incredible results you have pulled even more of us in and narrowed down the best regimens - THANKS!

@Bill_Russo:
your continuous support keeps people on track & your FAQ thread makes things so much easier to find - THANKS!

MY REGIMEN
One Month in;
Dr.Pen Ultima A6 weekly @1.5 - 2 mm;
5% Minoxidil 2x daily @1 mL (including needling days);
0.5% Topical Liposomal Finasteride "Parati" daily @1 mL (except needling days);

MY RESULTS
Lost some ground so far, but was expected from other reports -
which is exactly why they are so important to keep us on track! ;)

Will be posting my progress regardless if good or bad and invite the others to do the same:
if only good results are reported, we will not be getting a real picture of needling effectiveness!

QUESTIONS FOR @layabout
(pls. replace "DOT" with "." as new members can't post links)

(1) Are you using RED "STANDARD" LIPOGAINE
www DOT lipogaine DOT com/lipogaine-for-men-for-hair-loss/

or the quick-drying BLUE "SENSITIVE" LIPOGAINE
www DOT lipogaine DOT com/lipogaine-for-men-sensitive/

(2) Are you applying LIPOGAINE immediately after needling or waiting 24h?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but both Qs have been asked by @JWM2 in your success story thread and cannot find the replies anywhere (if any):
www DOT hairlosstalk DOT com/interact/threads/2-months-microneedling-and-once-daily-minoxidil.120155/page-2#post-1763578

That's it for now - would not like to annoy you too much with my 1st post already ;)
(but will be happy to fill in on any not-too-personal Qs...)

Red lipogaine. I have never had an issue with PG.
I apply Lipogaine after four hours

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
How soon can you style your hair after dermarolling? If i dermaroll in the evening before bed can i use fibres the next morning?with other styling products ?

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx @layabout for your quick replies - much appreciated!

LIPOGAINE BLUE Vs RED
The reason I thought you might be using the BLUE version is that it DRIES FAST (compared to the RED), which is exactly what you have been praising about Lipogaine.

I understand from the above that minoxidil DRYING TIMES are:
Generic Liquid > Lipogaine RED > Lipogaine BLUE

In conclusion, RED and BLUE are equally effective (both contain 5% Minoxidyl and the same list of "herb DHT-blockers"), but:
BLUE dries faster and causes less irritation while
RED is cheaper (& certified by @layabout ;))

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welp. Turns out the cartridge doesn't fit.
While it's the same cartridge, the goddamn screw thingy is different. I was counting on it cause the f*****g pictures don't make it clear... but gotta risk it for the biscuit. Thank sh*t I didn't buy more.
Good thing my hair loss is slow as fuckballs. :D

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys I am a little bit worried yesterday I think I went a little bit harder than usual (1.75 mm) and 24 hours later I have scabs and small crusts. Is it the way to do it? Now I am worried that maybe I am damaging existing hairs :(

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welp. Turns out the cartridge doesn't fit.
While it's the same cartridge, the goddamn screw thingy is different. I was counting on it cause the f*****g pictures don't make it clear... but gotta risk it for the biscuit. Thank sh*t I didn't buy more.
Good thing my hair loss is slow as fuckballs. :D
Same happened to a friend that I convinced to needle a month ago.

I can give you an advice if you don't want to wait more time for your next session.
Use the cartridge as a stamp and needle manually. It sounds weird and primitive, but I have done so a couple of times, whenever I feel the dermapen isn't piercing the skin of my crown area (which is hard as f***).
When I do it manually, I can feel the needles entering my otherwise unpenetrable crown. I just push what you called the "screw thingy" many times over the area to stamp it. It might be slower than a pen, but better than waiting and do nothing. Wounding is wounding after all. Devices just help us to make the job easier and faster.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I am a little bit worried yesterday I think I went a little bit harder than usual (1.75 mm) and 24 hours later I have scabs and small crusts. Is it the way to do it? Now I am worried that maybe I am damaging existing hairs :(

It’s highly unlikely. Follicles are 5mm deep.

To avoid scabs rinse your hair straight after needling. Let it dry naturally. Then rinse again and gently rub rub your scalp with your hands like you are rubbing shampoo over your head.

Then rinse / shampoo early the next day.

This is similar to a post hair transplant process.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Fuuuck this is so painful. 6 minutes in tears.
Just finished my 4th session (5 weeks in, doing it every 10-14 days)
This better works and worth the pain!

Attachments

• 1035FDDD-34EC-4147-ABD6-47C1F456A16C.jpeg
    1035FDDD-34EC-4147-ABD6-47C1F456A16C.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 514

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuuuck this is so painful. 6 minutes in tears.
Just finished my 4th session (5 weeks in, doing it every 10-14 days)
This better works and worth the pain!
From what I’ve seen, it looks like you’ll respond well, diffusers who still have some type of hair all over tend to do well with needling.