Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Untitledfolder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it normal to have a huge shed whennstarting needling? My hair has never looked worse and on my 4th session.

Not using minoxidil just finasteride which has slowly held most my hairline in place for 8years.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it normal to have a huge shed whennstarting needling? My hair has never looked worse and on my 4th session.

Not using minoxidil just finasteride which has slowly held most my hairline in place for 8years.
Yes of course. I'm on my 6th(?) session and I feel like I'm just about coming out of my shed. It got so bad that I was just watching it fall in front of my face. My top is pretty bad now however in the past week or so I'm noticing more vellus hairs up front and some that look dark as well. When I apply minoxidil I brush my hair back before brushing forward, and last night I noticed it stood up more and looked much better. Don't be discouraged, the hair that's shedding is weak hair and you don't want it anyways, it has to come out eventually so it might as well be now.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a VEEERY freaking itchy scalp. Now with rolling, it seems to get less and less. I also switched up my minoxidil to a formula without PG, that might be a factor, but my itch was also very specific to my hairline, and that is now disappearing as well. So I say go for it! Do you use a keto shampoo? That might help with inflammation as well.
Would you mostly attribute the decrease of itching to needling? Did it happen quickly, or was it slowly fading away?

I thought I was experiencing something similar. I FELT that immediately after needling my scalp would feel great and almost itch free for 2-3 days, even on my hairline. Then on day 4 I would feel the itch rebounding with a shed and my scalp would be flaking/peeling especially at hairline where my loss is the worst. I've done 6 sessions and it happens every time. Then on day 8 I do another session. This could be subjective but I felt that with every session the overall itchiness gets less gradually.

I am starting and stopping a lot of things in the past week though and my itch is coming back in vengeance to the point that I am losing faith in needling saving hairline on its own. Just curious if anybody else is experiencing this "slow decrease of itch" or is in my head.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you mostly attribute the decrease of itching to needling? Did it happen quickly, or was it slowly fading away?

I thought I was experiencing something similar. I FELT that immediately after needling my scalp would feel great and almost itch free for 2-3 days, even on my hairline. Then on day 4 I would feel the itch rebounding with a shed and my scalp would be flaking/peeling especially at hairline where my loss is the worst. I've done 6 sessions and it happens every time. Then on day 8 I do another session. This could be subjective but I felt that with every session the overall itchiness gets less gradually.

I am starting and stopping a lot of things in the past week though and my itch is coming back in vengeance to the point that I am losing faith in needling saving hairline on its own. Just curious if anybody else is experiencing this "slow decrease of itch" or is in my head.
I have the opposite. My head literally never itches, but since I’ve been microneedling I’ve noticed an itch for like 3/4 days afterwards. Goes back to normal after that though.

vika

Reaction score

I cant comment if the itch get less gradually, but otherwise i have the same experience as you. For 2-3 days im itch free, but gradually the itch get worse til i needle again. Im just 3 sessions in, 2 weeks apart, and just use finasteride, no minoxidil yet.

Reactions: WMQ

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the opposite. My head literally never itches, but since I’ve been microneedling I’ve noticed an itch for like 3/4 days afterwards. Goes back to normal after that though.
That sounds like skin healing. It's natural when you have tens of thousands of holes in your scalp. I feel that for the first 2-3 days if I sweat etc. too but I could tell it was different than male pattern baldness itch.

I cant comment if the itch get less gradually, but otherwise i have the same experience as you. For 2-3 days im itch free, but gradually the itch get worse til i needle again. Im just 3 sessions in, 2 weeks apart, and just use finasteride, no minoxidil yet.
Huh...

I use finasteride too. I do feel that I get some lasting effects on the rest of my scalp. My crown and top still feels healthier even after the initial days. But my fear is that whatever needling does to combat inflammation is simply not enough to arrest my hairline loss:(

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guess I'll be needling next week.
It feels like f*****g forever since the last time and it's only been like 3 weeks...

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When i needle, the itching COMPLETELY stops for an entire week, and then i start to feel a little itch after 7-8 days.
But keep in mind, i don't get a lot of itching, even without needling. I usually only got itching when i had long hair but with buzzed hair? Nope.

Anyhow, i'm doing my 6th session, 1 month and 2 weeks of needling.
I usually notice that my hair starts looking shittier after 5-6 days, but after needling it looks super healthy.

Still no regrowth. I do notice a few, very tiny vellus around my hairline, but they are so tiny and miniaturized i don't think they are regrowth.
However, my hair looks super healthy and i'm mantaining for now. It's been almost two months and i can't say i noticed my hair getting worse, so i think this is a good sign.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When i needle, the itching COMPLETELY stops for an entire week, and then i start to feel a little itch after 7-8 days.
But keep in mind, i don't get a lot of itching, even without needling. I usually only got itching when i had long hair but with buzzed hair? Nope.

Anyhow, i'm doing my 6th session, 1 month and 2 weeks of needling.
I usually notice that my hair starts looking shittier after 5-6 days, but after needling it looks super healthy.

Still no regrowth. I do notice a few, very tiny vellus around my hairline, but they are so tiny and miniaturized i don't think they are regrowth.
However, my hair looks super healthy and i'm mantaining for now. It's been almost two months and i can't say i noticed my hair getting worse, so i think this is a good sign.
You on minoxidil too or just needling?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody needling every 5-6 days instead of weekly?

Does that sound like a bad idea? I feel that by day 5 my scalp is mostly healed and for the remaining days I'm just sitting duck watching my hairs fall.

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only been needling for 6 weeks now and started minoxidil + Trinov + Finasteride around the same time so my progress isn’t really relevant for this thread, but my hair feels/looks a lot thicker and and seems like it’s filling out. First pic was a day before Christmas, second was yesterday. My hair is even shorter in the second pic
13AC30F0-706C-4C84-AA6B-72EE58FABE02.jpeg
8980FA4F-DE7C-4FC8-9F0C-4E836BA844E9.jpeg

Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only been needling for 6 weeks now and started minoxidil + Trinov + Finasteride around the same time so my progress don’t really relevant for this thread, but my hair feels/looks a lot thicker and and seems like it’s filling out. First pic was a day before Christmas, second was yesterday. My hair is even shorter in the second pic
View attachment 112410View attachment 112415

Looks like regrowth similar to mine.

Diffuse areas filling in 3/4 of the way all over.

Very, very good result. Don't ever stop needling lol, that should go without saying.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only been needling for 6 weeks now and started minoxidil + Trinov + Finasteride around the same time so my progress don’t really relevant for this thread, but my hair feels/looks a lot thicker and and seems like it’s filling out. First pic was a day before Christmas, second was yesterday. My hair is even shorter in the second pic

You inspired me to post some updated results even though I didn't intend to. I used the Derminator2 on Saturday btw.
All the following pics are in the same room, same position, same lighting:

so, once again, for the fiftieth time lol. same pics from beginning of treatment:

Warning though guys, I went outside in the sun today walking to uni and got kind of a slight headache, so we need to exercise caution since this our only real danger with microneedling which is sun exposure. I didn't wear my jacket hood because i didn't think the sun would really penetrate through but I guess it did. I would say limit sun exposure on scalp for 3-4 days after needling

Last edited:

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You inspired me to post some updated results even though I didn't intend to. I used the Derminator2 on Saturday btw.
All the following pics are in the same room, same position, same lighting:

so, once again, for the fiftieth time lol. same pics from beginning of treatment:

View attachment 112419 View attachment 112420

to show the gradual progression, this pic is from like less than a month ago, so the halfway mark of my treatment thus far:

View attachment 112421

and this is from right now:
View attachment 112422

Warning though guys, I went outside in the sun today walking to uni and got kind of a slight headache, so we need to exercise caution since this our only real danger with microneedling which is sun exposure. I didn't wear my jacket hood because i didn't think the sun would really penetrate through but I guess it did. I would say limit sun exposure on scalp for 3-4 days after needling

Wow. Nice dude.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@layabout how do you get minoxidil into your hair when it's a longer length? It seems it would just get caught mostly in your hair.

easy. you put the dropper right up against your scalp and then move it around without lifting it from scalp while letting drops go periodically