Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve had 2 needle sessions so far, I started last weekend and had another session yesterday. I ordered Uber numb lidocaine cream because the pain was through the roof. I keep my hair medium length in between hair cuts and the cream goes on really thick.. hard to apply with hair in the way.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for a thinner numbing liquid/cream to use for medium/long hair?

I also had a 3 month supply of dutasteride 0.5mg come in the mail yesterday and I’m using 0.5 mg/1mg sandalore/peppermint oil mixture with 95% everclear and DMSO vehicle. Will keep everyone posted on results.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyone else other than numberguy and layabout who has had real improvement by needling?

It should not be hard to believe that needling could help hair. It's basically wounding.

The link between (mild) scalp wounds producing (mild) hair gains is already established. Dermatologists have reported scattered appearances of new follicles from things like dermbrasion and microneedling. The anecdotal reports from guys like us have been consistent over the years. Some of the hair multiplication efforts in the earlier 2000s used "scalp stimulation" (aka abrasions) to boost results by a few percent. Etc. The whole idea is nothing new.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After switching to 2mm and increasing frequency to 1.5 times per week a couple of weeks ago, my diffused hair is better than ever.

Getting harder and harder to see skin underneath on temples and dome.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After switching to 2mm and increasing frequency to 1.5 times per week a couple of weeks ago, my diffused hair is better than ever.

How can you microneedle 1.5 times?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Roughly 10 weeks in to microneedling and minoxidil (and 2months trinov) nothing to report apart from a shed a month or so in. I'm minimising the side effects of minoxidil by applying it in the mornings and washing my hands immediately after, applying retinol cream at night and making sure I change pillow covers regularly, that seems to be working so far.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Roughly 10 weeks in to microneedling and minoxidil (and 2months trinov) nothing to report apart from a shed a month or so in. I'm minimising the side effects of minoxidil by applying it in the mornings and washing my hands immediately after, applying retinol cream at night and making sure I change pillow covers regularly, that seems to be working so far.

I wouldn't sleep with minoxidil on my scalp man. Gets on the pillow and eventually on the face. I take a shower before I go to sleep, just to be safe.

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’m curious what numbing methods everyone is using, if any at all. Is there a liquid spray lidocaine formula out there?

I feel like I don’t needle enough because the pain gets intense and I cut it short

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont use any. I move needling device fast, but many times over the same skin patch.
Yeah I had a better session when I was moving it fast. Do you press down pretty hard or just let it drag? I’m using the 12 pin cartridge but I’m wondering if 36 pin would be better.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I had a better session when I was moving it fast. Do you press down pretty hard or just let it drag? I’m using the 12 pin cartridge but I’m wondering if 36 pin would be better.
I just let it drag. I get hairs caught up in the device if i press down hard. Pressing down hard also gives me more pain.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats def a positive. Shows that not everyone is the same in regards to this. There are still alot of variables. What works for one person may not work for the other. As alot of other people have mentioned. Patience is key.

I dont use any. I move needling device fast, but many times over the same skin patch.

Same thing. On heavier type sessions i will go over the same area more than the standard 3-4 times. I think its beneficial to throw one of those in there occasionally.

I continue to see results. But its all types of hairs. Some are thick terminal (just started appearing lately). Some intermediate, some vellus. Takes time.

Again i hope people at the very least stick with this at least once a month for a couple years. It takes little effort and we'll have a better idea of how well it works.

Last edited: