Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience is a bit more confusing. I did three sessions since early december. Also, I'm applying essential oils since November.

There are a few short and terminal hairs at the front, but they may or may not new ones: maybe they are just replacing preexisting ones. Meanwhile, the crown remains apparently unchanged, but I have a hard time assessing it as I left hair grow longer to allow HCM (Hair Coverage Maximisation, sometimes known under the inappropriate name of combover)

This is a difficult phase where hope and despair take turns on the emotional ional rollercoaster of my mind

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also at the one month mark with rolling and massages and my hair has also seemed to have gotten significantly worse. Hopefully this is just a temporary shed making way for regrowth because my crown has been obliterated

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had already been on minoxidil for 10 years. Never shed this much hair in entire 16 years fighting this

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is generally a good sign if you started a treatment in the past few months. I wish you shedding guys all the luck. Some of the people who regrew hair did report a shed before regrowth. Like the darkest hour before dawn

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is generally a good sign if you started a treatment in the past few months. I wish you shedding guys all the luck. Some of the people who regrew hair did report a shed before regrowth. Like the darkest hour before dawn
Perhaps...... but doubtful 4 months in

Buchwald

Reaction score
How do you apply all the strokes in the different directions? When I've passed one area, I have a really hard time going back. It hurts too much! Trying to slowly use more time as my sessions progress. Third session on sunday!

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think needling to deep will damage the follicles. Needling too often will not let them enough time to recover.
i'm fairly confident that if you needle too deep and too often you'll damage them beyond the point of no return and you'll end up with a slick bald scalp.
Follicles are 5mm down. Nobody is going deeper than 2.00mm here.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting all these recent reports of shedding. Maybe it’s someyhing to do with inflammation? Which should be controlled before microneedling?

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my entire scalp three times over with 2.0mm Dr. Pen until it was raw and bloody then dumped a very large amount of minoxidil on it immediately after. This is the third time I’ve done it and I’m starting to think minoxidil side effects are a meme. Feels kinda nice actually

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my entire scalp three times over with 2.0mm Dr. Pen until it was raw and bloody then dumped a very large amount of minoxidil on it immediately after. This is the third time I’ve done it and I’m starting to think minoxidil side effects are a meme. Feels kinda nice actually
Went to the Doctor today and my BP was 117/77. I’m normally slightly hypertensive around the 140/90 range. So if anything I’d just keep an eye on that

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Went to the Doctor today and my BP was 117/77. I’m normally slightly hypertensive around the 140/90 range. So if anything I’d just keep an eye on that
Good looking out. I’m usually in the low range anyway, like 110/65, so I’ll keep you posted

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good looking out. I’m usually in the low range anyway, like 110/65, so I’ll keep you posted
Good stuff, all the more reason to keep an eye on it if you’re normally low. I thought it was weird that my BP was significantly lower than what it normally is. Just assuming it’s because of the min

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In regards to shedding. Idk if i had a shed(been on minoxidil prior for 6 years). One month in i noticed i had new vellus, new intermediate hairs. Then more recently i noticed some of those hairs are becoming dark coarse hairs. I def think needling may induce shedding alot quicker. I prob didn't notice it because of how my hair is styled. However i def had some form of shedding. Could be whats happening with alot of us.

just did session 8 at 1.75. Legit it didn't hurt anywhere near previous sessions. To the point i stopped to check my DR pen to make sure it was on the right length. Only section that still hurt was my hairline thats more slick bald (with alot of vellus hairs). My other side which previously hurt was a breeze to go over. Still seeing thickening of hair, hoping it continues as weeks go by.

Also side note - I'm in my late 30's and have a couple greys starting to pop up on the sides. Just out of curiosity i needled them at 1.5. Not that the greys bother me, but its a mini experiment i'm doing. I'm going to needle them once a month to see what happens.

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score

Damn easy there cowboy, you'll soon end up with as much hair as this guy.

what-in-tarnation-original.jpg

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My shedding seems to be back to normal range again after 6 sessions. Still not very stable though. Hope they grow back

Also noticed that 1.5mm at fast speed did not hurt as much in the last session.

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my first session with the dermapen. Only did 1.5mm and on medium setting but it hurt quite a bit and I bled quite a lot on the hairline. I felt the pain was more manageable towards the end and I began to get the feeling of how to handle the device.

Now my scalp feels a little sore but the good kind where I can feel all the blood rushing to it.