Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Pepe with hair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So... for all of you saying minoxidil is doing the heavy lifting, then how did I get such regrowth in just barely 2 months?

When before I took Minoxidil for two months alone and had no results or even maintenance.

Even minoxidil hyper-responders take like 3 months to start seeing anything.

It's the same thing with @2young2retire, he took minoxidil for like 5 weeks... grew back all his f*****g hair with dermarolling and then people were telling him it had been the minoxidil gains, despite the fact he had only taken it for five weeks inconsistently....

Then these same people will turn around and tell a newbie that it's normal for him to not see anything at all at 8 months of 2x a day minoxidil application.
View attachment 111449

It seems very obvious to me that these users who criticize the efficacy of microneedling have an agenda they are trying to push or a status quo to maintain (not delving into any conspiracies)

I have taken minoxidil just once a day, often missing many days... but yeah, somehow I become a hyperresponder and regrew entire patchy sections despite getting no results before for a longer period

What page are your results mate ?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you need to get checked in a blood test?
What do you need to get checked in a blood test?
I dunno, I went to see a doctor because of problems with fatigue. They test you on a lot of stuff, hormones, vitamin deficiencies, etc etc. If something was off because of my dutasteride usage, I think they would have found it.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I want to thank you all for voting and helping me with this experiment. After discarding the vote of one person who mentioned the best instead of the worst, there were 11 votes total. Here are the results, arranged from most to less voted:

Picture#2: 63.6% (7 votes)
Picture#3: 18.2% (2 votes)
Picture #1 and #4: 9.1% each one (1 vote each one)
Picture #5: 0% (no votes)

Now that this is over, I am telling you that the real "before" pic is actually #2, which got over 60% of the votes.
I have to be honest, when I took the after pics over the last couple of days I saw absolutely no difference at all, but I guess this experiment tells me there is something very mild going on, even though it is hardly noticeable. Of course this result is far from unambiguous, as some you did claim that picking just one pic was very difficult.
I will repeat this in three months from now and do the same experiment if you allow me to do it.

Thanks again, guys.
Can you post when each pic was taken

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
After googling around a bit, I also found an older thread on Hairlosstalk. Some of you may already know it, but here it is again:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/latest-patents-from-dr-george-cotsarelis.108549/
It‘s about patents about use of drugs/growth factors by Dr. Cotsarelis that are probably related to Follica. So some of these patents may be incorporated in their topical. The most interesting for most of us now is probably this one:

Yeah good reminder of that thread I think these topicals would be well worth exploring along with this new wounding revelation, we could have all the aspects to follica and more if they dont use all of the compounds listed

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like I’ve finally turned the corner with my Minoxidil dread shed. Started microneedling + minoxidil a little more than a month ago and I was shedding like crazy for about a month. I’m talking like everytime I run my hands through my hair I’d have 5-10 hairs in my hand. I needled two days ago (5th session) and I swear the shedding is like nonexistent. I’ll sit over my sink and run my hands through my hair over and over and hardly any hairs are falling.

Also, my hair has gotten noticeably thicker. Even my girl commented on it last week when she was rubbing my head she said my hair felt more coarse so it’s not just me who thinks it! No idea what to attribute this to. Could be the min, Finasteride, Trinov, or needling... who knows, but somethings working and I’m diggin it!

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, having a transplant without using finasteride and minoxidil is pointless, and the most pro surgeons even advice that to patients. A transplant will never be enough to cover the entire potentially balding area, so everyone should jump on treatments to conserve native hairs that are still prone to be lost.
That, in my opinion, is what makes transplants kinda pointless. I am already on finasteride and I am always paranoid of keep losing hair. A transplant will not take that anxiety away because it's not preventing further loss. What I (and most of us) need is something that works and actually prevents further loss in the long term. I really hope needling is the savior. Only time will tell.

Depends. For those that minoxidil and finasteride isn't having good results for, a good fue would be amazing .you only need to look at people that have had 5-6k grafts and see what brilliant results some have had. It's better than the whispy fluff some have maintained without a proper hairline. Plus adding a topik on to it would give some serious volume and density.

However of course for those that are having decent results with minoxidil and finasteride it would be better to combine it and get even better results .

From my own experience of people who have had the transplant, none are on finasteride or minoxidil and have good coverage. Not full thickness but will never been seen as a baldy or someone with a massive forehead.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like I’ve finally turned the corner with my Minoxidil dread shed. Started microneedling + minoxidil a little more than a month ago and I was shedding like crazy for about a month. I’m talking like everytime I run my hands through my hair I’d have 5-10 hairs in my hand. I needled two days ago (5th session) and I swear the shedding is like nonexistent. I’ll sit over my sink and run my hands through my hair over and over and hardly any hairs are falling.

Also, my hair has gotten noticeably thicker. Even my girl commented on it last week when she was rubbing my head she said my hair felt more coarse so it’s not just me who thinks it! No idea what to attribute this to. Could be the min, Finasteride, Trinov, or needling... who knows, but somethings working and I’m diggin it!

That's great to hear. Just keep doing what you are doing and see how you are after a year.

The hardest part is sticking to it. I've stuck to minoxidil now for over a couple of years now and you do feel like stopping here and there but as I only do it once a day, I have managed to keep the routine.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great to hear. Just keep doing what you are doing and see how you are after a year.

The hardest part is sticking to it. I've stuck to minoxidil now for over a couple of years now and you do feel like stopping here and there but as I only do it once a day, I have managed to keep the routine.
Were you doing 2x daily when you started minoxidil? If so, when did you start 1x/day?

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you doing 2x daily when you started minoxidil? If so, when did you start 1x/day?

Always was doing once a day. There was no way I could commit to twice. Plus I don't think it makes a huge difference.

minoxidil works for 22hours a day. So the twice a day just gets you an extra 2 hours of minoxidil in the day.

After 12 days you get one extra day of minoxidil. so about one month extra per year.

Personally I'd rather stick to a more regular routine which is the best way minoxidil works. Morning or night, pick one and go for it.

Same for needling. Someone might go crazy for 10 weeks in a row and then stop for months on end. I think it would be better to needle say every 2-3 weeks but over a long period than short intense ones if you can't stick to weekly .

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil does the heavy lifting. Some delusional people here may claim needling is better than minoxidil alone, but its not even close.

minoxidil is definitely a huge factor for some. However remember if we can keep our hair with continued needling (maybe once-twice a month) then this is still a huge success. minoxidil will help get quicker results, but the needling is whats going to maintain those.

Guys, I want to thank you all for voting and helping me with this experiment. After discarding the vote of one person who mentioned the best instead of the worst, there were 11 votes total. Here are the results, arranged from most to less voted:

Picture#2: 63.6% (7 votes)
Picture#3: 18.2% (2 votes)
Picture #1 and #4: 9.1% each one (1 vote each one)
Picture #5: 0% (no votes)

Now that this is over, I am telling you that the real "before" pic is actually #2, which got over 60% of the votes.
I have to be honest, when I took the after pics over the last couple of days I saw absolutely no difference at all, but I guess this experiment tells me there is something very mild going on, even though it is hardly noticeable. Of course this result is far from unambiguous, as some you did claim that picking just one pic was very difficult.
I will repeat this in three months from now and do the same experiment if you allow me to do it.

Thanks again, guys.

Awesome experiment man. I still think based on your results and the naked eye that your crown has slightly still improved. I think not only is that positive, but the fact your getting growth on the hairline as well is awesome as well. Plus remember the crown is going to be tough to spot the beginnings of regrowth as its tough to see without an up close camera. Will be interesting to see another 3 months down the line what happens. Remember this is in a short period of time, if you can compound on your result, and your crown keeps closing ever so slightly every 3 months you'd def get the result you want.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess he should know at this point. I recall seeing him when the thread was at ~150 pages or so and this has been repeated over a thousand times since then; so either he's blind or he doesn't really care about the facts.
Which reminds me: we made it over the 300 page mark! Yay. Glad that this is still going... It was soooo close to being truly fucked into the dirt the last time...
I've been faithfully dermaneedling for well over a year. How long have you? Just because you just found the studies and listened to a few scammers doesn't mean you know everything. Needling on its own is nothing when you are balding. I don't care what the studies say. Perhaps they didn't take into account that some people don't respond to minoxidil.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil is definitely a huge factor for some. However remember if we can keep our hair with continued needling (maybe once-twice a month) then this is still a huge success. minoxidil will help get quicker results, but the needling is whats going to maintain those.
You wont. It's not strong enough. Needling is only as good as your other treatment.

Reactions: br1

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil once a day crew. there's no f*****g way I would put it on twice daily. It's so easy to put it on at night and it dries quickly so I just fall asleep immediately lol
(Btw I use Lipogaine, which dries quickly, idk if the standard generic minoxidil solution dries fast)

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil once a day crew. there's no f*****g way I would put it on twice daily. It's so easy to put it on at night and it dries quickly so I just fall asleep immediately lol
(Btw I use Lipogaine, which dries quickly, idk if the standard generic minoxidil solution dries fast)
You were barely thinning. Barely. Applied some minoxidil and regrew a bit. But keep insisting how needling is the "cure".

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think that heavy skin pinching and kneading would give same results as dermarolling ? After all Skin kneading is slightly injuring to the scalp. Also it has been anecdotally confirmed that it will promote angiogenensis I.e new blood vessels creation.