Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My diet
Minoxidil twice a day.
Microneedling 1.5mm once a week, or every 10 days
Biotin 5000mcg per day.
Dutasteride 3-4 days a week

initial photo. I add another photo comparing really my miniaturized hair.

I give importance to the dutasteride to be able to maintain the possible effects of the micro puncture. in order to stabilize the progress obtained if you get it in a few months after
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Are those a before and after picture?

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Are those a before and after picture?

sorry, it's the same year. only one picture is shaved and another one 5 months later. I uploaded the shaved photo to appreciate the difference between normal and miniaturized hair, because in the photo with long hair you can not appreciate

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
  • When do you find you guys are flaking/peeling after a session?

My scalp feels pretty good by day 5/6 ... that's about when I can see some flaking/peeling. As much as the scalp feels okay, it probably needs more time than 7 days before another session... at least for myself.

I'm going on vacation (San Diego) on Tuesday for 10 days. As much as I'd like to needle it up on Sunday before I go, I think I'll have to have an extended healing period instead. I'll be using Toppik during my time away... so that rules out needling. I'll have to focus on some massages instead.

slerpen

Reaction score
I just completed my 12th rolling session last night.

While I still see no new hairs whatsoever (neither vellus nor terminal), I observed a change:
Even though my needling protocol is the same (same needle length, duration, number of passes), I had a significantly harder time achieving erythema than before. Also, the needles got stuck much more often than before. Maybe my scalp got either more lose or the skin thicker or less fibrotic? Don't know.

Two possible explanations I came up with:
  • Scalp changes because of microneedling for the past three months
  • Scalp changes because I added intense daily (2 times a day) scalp massages into my regimen a week ago
I actually think the second explanation is more likely, as this is the recent change in my regimen that preceded this change when microneedling. Wanted to report it nonetheless. Maybe someone else also experienced that achieving erythema got more difficult and that needles got stuck more in the scalp?

I started having this issue as well. My scalp is also much "looser" than before, and I had issues with needles getting stuck recently. Solution was to stretch the skin to make it more taut, and easier for the needle to pierce, like tattoo artists do.

Last edited:

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What does it have to do with my question? Did you quote me by mistake ?
no sorry if i was unclear bill got what was saying but thats only hearsay evidence of continued gains past 6 months i was merely saying it logical gains would not have a cut off period of 6month i think 747 is pass 6 months and gaining slow still

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
  • When do you find you guys are flaking/peeling after a session?
My scalp feels pretty good by day 5/6 ... that's about when I can see some flaking/peeling. As much as the scalp feels okay, it probably needs more time than 7 days before another session... at least for myself.

I'm going on vacation (San Diego) on Tuesday for 10 days. As much as I'd like to needle it up on Sunday before I go, I think I'll have to have an extended healing period instead. I'll be using Toppik during my time away... so that rules out needling. I'll have to focus on some massages instead.

I seem to get flaking the first few days after needling and after 5 or 6 days it looks like it’s back to normal.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys think I should be adding zix to my regimen now that I'm doing this? I mean I am clearly seeing progress even though the shedding continues (15-20 hairs in the shower). Thinking of trying it to see if the shedding goes down. I don't know to be honest.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no sorry if i was unclear bill got what was saying but thats only hearsay evidence of continued gains past 6 months i was merely saying it logical gains would not have a cut off period of 6month i think 747 is pass 6 months and gaining slow still
Yeah, it'd be amazing if you just had to roll for 12 weeks and then just wait for the vellus to magically turn terminal like some people think. But reality is much, much more boring.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you think that over a long enough use a norwood 4 could go all the way back to his teenage hairline?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think that over a long enough use a norwood 4 could go all the way back to his teenage hairline?

That would be the dream, but guys like Kitedude who has been needling for over 5 years still looks like a nw3 to me. Hope I'm wrong though and you can get back to nw1 with time.

Hairo

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 month update just before my 12 session, not much change also took photo before rather than after the session as my red scalp can make any results deceiving as it lessens contrast.

Recap on my regime:
-Weekly 1.75mm dermapen (every 7 days)
-Lipogaine Minoxidil once a day PM
-Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil once a day AM (may add sandalore to it)

My Trinov preorder from way back has just arrived wanted to add that but will hold off for another couple months as really want this to work! Not sure if Trinov has an expiry date though as its all in Italian!

Should add I get flaking in frontal vertex but have yet to get any in crown

Attachments

• 3 month.png
    3 month.png
    389.7 KB · Views: 386

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That would be the dream, but guys like Kitedude who has been needling for over 5 years still looks like a nw3 to me. Hope I'm wrong though and you can get back to nw1 with time.
If Kitedude looks like a NW3 to you then I must look like a NW5 in your eyes.
It'd probably take a long time and a combination of treatments, if ever.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean nw3 isn't that bad, but you still have to live with those ugly *** receded temples. But I'll be happy if I can get to nw2. I'm a nw3 now.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be amazing if you just had to roll for 12 weeks and then just wait for the vellus to magically turn terminal like some people think. But reality is much, much more boring.

Diffusers hair is still active so thats why i reckon they comeback quicker i reckon smooth parts are going to take years to restore and even then norward 2 ish best we get if any regrowth at all. 747 still hasnt got his temples yet hes one to watch on that mythiningconfidences got some action there but slow. still i dont know sh*t just going by patterns i seen key thing for me will be seeing any regrowth anywhere if i do im puting 24 months further at least i dont find this painfull and cures itchy shed for me

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean nw3 isn't that bad, but you still have to live with those ugly *** receded temples. But I'll be happy if I can get to nw2. I'm a nw3 now.
Yeah, I'm a NW3 too and I'd be happy with a NW2. If I can turn the miniaturized vellus I can see under intense lighting into terminal hairs I'd be back to a solid NW1.5.
Let's hope we can get there.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 month update just before my 12 session, not much change also took photo before rather than after the session as my red scalp can make any results deceiving as it lessens contrast.

Recap on my regime:

My Trinov preorder from way back has just arrived wanted to add that but will hold off for another couple months as really want this to work! Not sure if Trinov has an expiry date though as its all in Italian!

This looks good to me for 3months densitys is up and hole has closed some what

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Recap on my regime:

I have to be honest, sadly I hardly see improvement in the large bald spot of the crown. However, I do see progress in other areas. In the zone between the hairline and the crown, I see more density. If it's working there, I believe it will eventually work in the crown, your worst hit area. It will probably take way more time, as some long term needles have claimed. You must have a lot of fibrosis to break up and keep improving circulation there. Stick to it, pal.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
To anyone with the Ultima A6, even though you can use batteries id recommend just plugging it in. Comparing the RPM of a fully charged battery to mains power, mains power is still considerably faster, plus the cable doesnt even get in the way

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Recap on my regime:

I have to agree with @ToLGuy. But it's no wonder, since it looks very advanced on the crown and you're just 3 months in.
Another thing you should consider so we can judge better is using the same lighting on every pic.
Good luck, bud.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please, let us know what happens. Also, I think you want to apply Zix after, but don't quote me on this one. Perhaps someone who's had experience with both can tell you for sure.
I might try it. I honestly don't want to mess with min if I don't have to, but maybe just doing a small patch won't be so bad