Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[
As time goes by, we can find people keep asking similar questions. That’s the nature of forums which are not designed for you to track someone’s regimen and progress. IMHO, even we start a new survey thread, it’s still a painful way to do it. As a software developer, I tend to write codes to solve problems. I’ve been thinking about making a proper tool for you guys.

The main idea is to do the following 2 basic things.
  • A personal page to show your regimen history and photos. Maybe a timeline to organize all your treatments and corresponding photos.
  • Other people can follow you (like twitter) and give feedback.

I can do it as a hobby project in my spare time. If things run smoothly, I estimate the first minimum viable version can be delivered in one month. More advanced functions can be developed progressively. What do you think? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Good idea, but please don't connect it to social media.

sortabutnotreally

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly a redundant question, newbie here, but is rolling something one has to do permanently? I’d like to give it a go at some point, but I wouldn’t want to do it indefinitely, just up until I get the density I want.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly a redundant question, newbie here, but is rolling something one has to do permanently? I’d like to give it a go at some point, but I wouldn’t want to do it indefinitely, just up until I get the density I want.
It hasn't been around for long enough for anyone to know for sure. These are very early days for needling. It will take decades before we know exactly how it works

MP4

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anybody microneedling after an hair transplantation? I had two (fut&fue) some years ago and I am still not sure if it's a good idea to start microneedling although I already bought a derminator. I would like to needle the top of my head (where the grafts are) and the sides, and maybe even the scar.

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It hasn't been around for long enough for anyone to know for sure. These are very early days for needling. It will take decades before we know exactly how it works
I think we’ll have some pretty solid anecdotal evidence much sooner than that - something like 1 or 2 years - to determine whether this is something that works (or not) in the majority of cases and is sustainable. The tricky part is all of the variables involved (i.e. how aggressive the hair loss is, what other treatments- if any- are being used, etc). But I agree it might take many years to reach a consensus on best practices because this is being approached from so many different angles and everyone’s situation is unique.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys. You do know this isn't a crazy new thing that hasn't been done before... right?

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/13420-Dermarolling-Community-Trial/page251 - Derma rolling thread from 2013 with 251 pages.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/new-dermaroller-study-thoughts-comments.69374/page-253 - Derma rolling thread from 2014 with 253 pages.

We aren't the early ones. Whether or not the use of an electric pen makes much a difference, I don't know. My thinking is that it doesn't. If you do it properly with a roller/stamp I think you'd see similar results, and not necessarily worse either. That's just what I think.

Just trying to clear up a bit of miss information and be a bit realistic.

Last edited:

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Despite it being around since 2011, there are only sparse scientific papers available, none of which gives reliable answers on long term efficacy which was the question I was answering.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In other words, we don't know how long the new hairs will last, either when needling is continued or discontinued, because the procedure isn't fully developed yet - let alone having been around for long enough

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I'd like to add that I've been doing this for almost 2 months and something I've noticed is a big decrease in the hair I loss. I never see any on my desk now and I never have any in my hands when I run my fingers through it when it's dry or in the shower. I have to run my fingers through multiple times to even see 1. Definitely wasn't like this before. I'm also using Nizoral, doing head massages and recently started taking vit. d, k and magnesium oil so maybe it's one of those.

2 month mark is coming up next week, been inspecting the mirror and I'm not really sure if I'm seeing anything or not but will be taking pictures as usual.

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I'd like to add that I've been doing this for almost 2 months and something I've noticed is a big decrease in the hair I lose. I never see any on my desk now and I never have any in my hands when I run my fingers through it when it's dry or in the shower. I have to run my fingers through multiple times to even see 1. Definitely wasn't like this before. I'm also using Nizoral, doing head massages and recently started taking vit. d, k and magnesium oil so maybe it's one of those.

2 month mark is coming up next week, been inspecting the mirror and I'm not really sure if I'm seeing anything or not but will be taking pictures as usual.

No too early. You must be imagining

Btw just saying this because he himself thinks everyone who sees progress is "imagining" or bullshitting.

Last edited:

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No too early. You must be imagining

Btw just saying this because he himself thinks everyone who sees progress is "imagining" or bullshitting.
No I don't think everyone who see's progress is imagining it. I just think it's wrong to hype this up claiming you're seeing something exceptional after 1 month with 0 evidence. I'll give it to you, you posted pictures. Whether or not they show anything isn't clear, hard to tell. I can see a bit of length difference which can skew results and I can't really tell on the lighting.

There's a reason I don't comment on this thread that much any more. Anyway I'll join in on the game just this once. Here are my 1 month results, pictures are supposed to be deceiving:

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I don't think everyone who see's progress is imagining it. I just think it's wrong to hype this up claiming you're seeing something exceptional after 1 month with 0 evidence. I'll give it to you, you posted pictures. Whether or not they show anything isn't clear, hard to tell. I can see a bit of length difference which can skew results and I can't really tell on the lighting.

There's a reason I don't comment on this thread that much any more. Anyway I'll join in on the game just this once. Here are my 1 month results, pictures are supposed to be deceiving:

You have to get your eyes checked. Length difference doesn't always matter in pictures. For example, if you look at my first photo that I took after a month, that area on the bottom right is clearly thin. It was even thinner than the bottom front.

If there was no improvement that bottom right area would have looked just as dark as the bottom front area in my first photo, but now it's even thicker than the bottom front area.

I'm not sure if this made sense to you, but anyway. Learn how to analyze photos.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to get your eyes checked. Length difference doesn't always matter in pictures. For example, if you look at my first photo that I took after a month, that area on the bottom right is clearly thin. It was even thinner than the bottom front.

If there was no improvement that bottom right area would have looked just as dark as the bottom front area in my first photo, but now it's even thicker than the bottom front area.

I'm not sure if this made sense to you, but anyway. Learn how to analyze photos.
My eyes are fine. Yeah I can see you have more coverage because your hair is longer and is dryer in the after picture. If you want me to analyse something then I can clearly see the top left before photo is also wet/damp in some way when you say it's dry.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any chance of people putting up pics like 2-3 months or however long please post there hair at roughly the same length?!?! Length can hide alot.

Thanks

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My eyes are fine. Yeah I can see you have more coverage because your hair is longer and is dryer in the after picture. If you want me to analyse something then I can clearly see the top left before photo is also wet/damp in some way when you say it's dry.

You just don't get it. That top left photo is some time after I've applied liquid minoxidil. It looks like that when it's dry. People who use liquid minoxidil will know what I mean. Either way it doesn't matter because that's four weeks after I buzzed my f*****g head. There is no real length worth mentioning here. It's going to take a guy going from nw7 to nw1 to convince you of any progress.

But don't worry. For next month I'll post some better photos. Same lighting and hair condition. I wonder what you're going to say once the rest of those thinning areas get filled. Must be toppik or something right.

Anyway good luck with your progress, but unfortunately I think you're stupid enough to miss your own god damn progress and will be quitting after some time. I suggest you contact That Guy. You two would make good buddies.

Last edited:

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just don't get it. That top left photo is some time after I've applied liquid minoxidil. It looks like that when it's dry. People who use liquid minoxidil will know what I mean. Either way it doesn't matter because that's four weeks after I buzzed my f*****g head. There is no real length worth mentioning here. It's going to take a guy going from nw7 to nw1 to convince you of any progress.

But don't worry. For next month I'll post some better photos. Same lighting and hair condition. I wonder what you're going to say once the rest of those thinning areas get filled. Must be toppik or something right.

Anyway good luck with your progress, but unfortunately I think you're stupid enough to miss your own god damn progress and will be quitting after some time. I suggest you contact That Guy. You two would make good buddies.
I think I'd be better buddies with literally anyone when compared to you. Also I've used liquid minoxidil and mine didn't look like that. Anyway whatever man.

Last edited: