Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, no here's the thing:

The entire idea here is that this creates new hair via wound neogenisis. That is literally the scientific basis.

Because of that, you should be able to do it even just once (which the dhurat study did as I recall) and if that new hair is any good, it will continue to grow without further rolling. Rolling isn't going to help the growth of existing hair.

Still on finasteride. Still on minoxidil. The new hair is still the same length.

It either worked or it didn't. I trust you'll all be back here in 1 year to post your fullheads?

Oh let me guess: "I don't feel comfortable sharing pics of myself on here" :rolleyes:
The scientific theory is that the microneedling stimulates the wound healing response, which activates the cells in the area to reverse miniaturization. It also recruits stem cells from deeper down in the scalp to populate the follicles. The follicular microenvironment pushes these stem cells to become more like the follicular stem cells, contributing to the total regeneration in the area. So it does help existing hair become thicker as well as promoting a longer anagen cycle for new hair to keep growing. The studies all report that the successful responders maintained their hair growth after discontinuing microneedling. Results were varied, but definitely statistically significant to show efficacy.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
In another forum I read something about the risk of bacteria that get to your blood paves through microneedling. That would be a high risk. What do you guys think?
Following the studies would only result erythema, which would not penetrate the blood vessels. Spray your needles with 70% alcohol before using them, and rub your scalp with the same.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I be taking weekly pictures?

I think I should only take monthly pictures but in just 3 and a half weeks of once a day minoxidil and 2 dermarolling sessions, I'm seeing thin small very much pigmented hair grow on my old hairline.

What frequency are you guys using?
I take pics every session. Storage is cheap and it will make for a good time-lapse video in the long run.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone use Kirkland liquid?I just switched over to Kirkland and it almost doesnt hurt at all when I apply it after rolling.
I used it for a while. It seemed to work OK, got tired of putting stuff on my head every day, so I stopped for a year and am now needling only.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
The scientific theory is that the microneedling stimulates the wound healing response, which activates the cells in the area to reverse miniaturization. It also recruits stem cells from deeper down in the scalp to populate the follicles. The follicular microenvironment pushes these stem cells to become more like the follicular stem cells, contributing to the total regeneration in the area. So it does help existing hair become thicker as well as promoting a longer anagen cycle for new hair to keep growing. The studies all report that the successful responders maintained their hair growth after discontinuing microneedling. Results were varied, but definitely statistically significant to show efficacy.

Logically, I would guess that the hair coming from derma rolling would eventually fall if we stop needling because DHT and AR are still there and they would f*** our hair eventually.

btw, do we have an unlimited (follicular stem) cells ? Do these cells reduce as we age ? Sorry for being ignorant, but I am clueless in biology field.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe we need more information on both the cases where needling regrowth was kept and those where it was lost: maybe there are factors that we have not considered, or we are not aware of.

FWIW I stopped needling 6 months ago and regrowth has been continuing, though I'm using finasteride, RU, and minoxidil. Pretty certain the antiandrogens have everything to do with it.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with these long threads are that the information and pictures are spread out over 150 pages so we get a lot of repeat questions. Do you guys think starting a new thread where the initial post contains all progress pictures, shared studies, information on how to roll, different pens etc etc from this thread could ge a good idea?

IMO the hair loss community needs all the research, anecdotes, and info compiled together, with sources cited. Maybe a wiki?

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Logically, I would guess that the hair coming from derma rolling would eventually fall if we stop needling because DHT and AR are still there and they would f*** our hair eventually.

btw, do we have an unlimited (follicular stem) cells ? Do these cells reduce as we age ? Sorry for being ignorant, but I am clueless in biology field.
Yeah, unfortunately. They maintained their hair with a minoxidil regimen after the growth from microneedling + minoxidil.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's unlikely that you'll run out of stem cells in general, but their numbers, activity and potency do tend to decline with age. Follicular stem cells are not as numerous and do get "tired." That's why the recruitment of other stem cells to the area can revitalize the follicle.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's unlikely that you'll run out of stem cells in general, but their numbers, activity and potency do tend to decline with age. Follicular stem cells are not as numerous and do get "tired." That's why the recruitment of other stem cells to the area can revitalize the follicle.

Yeah, thats what my sense of logic tells me too. So maybe, those not responding to dermarolling are those with follicular stem cells that are "tired" due to being fucked so heavily by DHT for such as long time ?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another thing: Do you guys use hairstyling products the day after dermarolling?
Yeah, it should be okay if you use them 24 hours after. That's how they do it with the face and the make up.

oleg

My Regimen
Reaction score
got my pen today - so how do i do it - just wash my hair, and then use the pen with a brand new needle cartridge - is that it? do i rinse afterwards? want to make sure to minimize risk of infection
some sort of a sticky on the first page would be helpful

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I disinfect new needles as well before using them just to be on the safe side?

Derminator 2 + 10 cartridges already came in the mail today, I ordered it literally 4 days ago and expected to be waiting 2 months. Nervous as f*** right now.

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, my derminator came with a letter saying that if you get good results and provide quality before/after pictures or make a youtube video on how to use the machine, they will refund it, claiming it's cheaper for them than advertisement.

Probably to be taken with a grain of salt but might be interesting for those that are struggling to justify the investment.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I disinfect new needles as well before using them just to be on the safe side?

Derminator 2 + 10 cartridges already came in the mail today, I ordered it literally 4 days ago and expected to be waiting 2 months. Nervous as f*** right now.
Hey man.
I'd say it's probably not necessary if they don't tell you to disinfect them, but wait for someone who has experience with a Derminator to confirm this, just in case.
Good luck!