Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

MK13

Reaction score
I thought I would update everyone since it has been a month since my last post. My first needling session was on the 13th October this year so I’ve done quite a few sessions. I had been needling every week at a depth of 2mm, using Minoxidil twice a day from week 5 onwards and had seen positive early signs; namely, increase in length of vellus hair and pigmented hair growth. Progress has been steady and encouraging. The main downside I’ve had is increase in shedding other than dealing with my skin peeling off from the wounding/healing process. The shedding has probably been about 2-3 times what it normally would be, not that I shed a lot normally but it’s worth noting. I do believe in the importance of consistency in any regime but unfortunately I’ve had to, this week, change mine. I’ve dropped Minoxidil usage to once a day. I’m just applying it in the evening now because it dries my hair out so much it looks a mess. I’ve also decided to only needle/wound every two weeks as I don’t think once a week is enough time for my scalp to heal fully. It’s somewhat frustrating having to change my regime since it was working so well but I’m still hopeful progress will continue. I took pictures on 16/11/18, so 1 month into treatment, and plan to take more in February. I want to keep at least a 3 month gap between photographs. I should also point out that I’m on Dutasteride and have been for 2 years. I’ve no plans to stop using it in the near future.

Anyway I just wanted to keep people updated in the hope it may encourage others to be proactive with dealing with their hair loss. I’ll more than likely post another update in a months time at the earliest.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being lazy so not going to search the whole thread but has anybody got pics of people wounding with just minoxidil that got good regrowth.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being lazy so not going to search the whole thread but has anybody got pics of people wounding with just minoxidil that got good regrowth.
The very reason this thread was created is because someone got insane regrowth with just needling + Minoxidil. That someone is @74775446.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have many others though on here, what was his starting point?
Go to the first page, there's a before and after pic. There's an album with a lot of pics of the different stages of his progress, but I don't have the link. It was posted a few pages back. Now that I've mentioned him, he might come by and post it himself.
As for others in this thread; it's way too early to tell, as most people have been doing it for just a month or two.
However, another story worth mentioning is 2young2retire's. It happened 5 years ago, but he went from a bad NW4 to a NW2-1.5 just by doing extreme dermarolling. I'm not linking it because his pics were the reason dermarolling discussions were banned from this forum, but copy and paste "2young2retire mastering the potential cure" on Google and you'll see them.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are good alternative to Derminator guys ? Dr Pen ? Or nothing ?
Most people here have a positive experience with a Dr. Pen.
Only real differences are that the Derminator decreases the risk of microtearing to 0 and it appears to be less painful.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your previous hairloss history though? Were you maintaning with finasteride minoxidil? Slowly losing ground? Or were you gaining from them when starting needling?

Jumped on finasteride around NW1.5ish and mostly maintained for like 10 years, then was on an SSRI antidepressant for about 6 months and lost a lot. Year or two later tried a tricyclic antidepressant for about 6 months and lost a ton more. Started needling to make up for the loss.

Hard lesson... don't take antidepressants if you're on finasteride.

Reactions: WMQ

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why ? I thought they are the same mechanism ?
From the Derminator website:
Minimal pain due to very short duty-cycle. Due to the unique accelleration power of the very powerful variable-depth patent-pending motor invented by us specifically for dermaneedling, the needles are only in the skin for about a thousandth of a second per prick. It's still not a pleasant feeling on the deepest needling depths but it's much less painful than manual needling, let alone needling with cheap Chinese machines which tear up the skin. You can certainly spare yourself the expense for numbing cream.
No microtearing. The short duty cycle (% of time the needles spend inside the skin and as a corollary scraping over the skin as well) completely prevents horizontal tearing. "Microtearing" causes pain and it permanently tears the edges of facial pores, enlarging them. Without microtearing there is minimal pain, minimal skin trauma and swelling, minimal bleeding and the shortest recovery time. See on this page how weaker devices' long duty cycle causes skin tearing. Try such a device yourself on a piece of paper with a 1-needle cartridge!

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so are we saying essentially 2mm once a week with once a day minoxidil, use derminator or pen all over scalp crossing each place 3 times, vertically, horizontally diagonally on wet hair after shampooing, is that the jist of it? Clean head with cold water then?

INT

Reaction score
Where did you guys buy the derminator? I might be retarded but my search results show no option to buy it from Europe

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so are we saying essentially 2mm once a week with once a day minoxidil, use derminator or pen all over scalp crossing each place 3 times, vertically, horizontally diagonally on wet hair after shampooing, is that the jist of it? Clean head with cold water then?
Yeah, that's it. But a REAL 2 mm session might be too much weekly. 1.5 mm works as well. Keep in mind, @74775446 said the needle most likely didn't go the full 2 mm.
In short, 1.5 mm once a week or 2 mm twice monthly are the recommended frequencies.
We're following these studies:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4458936/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29028377
@Longway886 Are you on min aswell? Is anyone trying microneedling out without min?
Me. I didn't start yet because I'm waiting for my stuff. There are a few others, too, but I think we're in the minority.
Where did you guys buy the derminator? I might be retarded but my search results show no option to buy it from Europe
https://owndoc.shop/Dermaneedling/

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do I need to get started? Just the Derminator and optionally min?

I do exactly what the guy this thread is about did

Get a decent dermapen and minoxidil

Use the pen every 7-10 days using the video the guy has provided ( wounding is the goal so make sure you are firm and it’s going deep enough and covers you whole balding area, it’s not just a quick run over you have to properly go over and yes it hurts
Use minoxidil twice a day ( not until aster 24 hours needling) although a chinese study did it straight after so the jury is still out on this one

That is literallyit mate, my hair is improving by the day and within the first 2 session my existing hair was getting darker and stronger