Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 137 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. ZenHead

ZenHead Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Nice, thanks for sharing! Would you say you also recovered density all over? Or did you only needle the temples

2. kiwi666

kiwi666 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    1. I have long hair and use the derminator at 1.75mm and I absolutely do get sufficient contact with scalp

2. Go over your entire balding area up and down then left and right - try 2mm if you have doubts

3. Do not do it with dry hair! Have a shower and wash your scalp thoroughly. Then use the derminator on your wet hair. Just comb it down / part it as necessary.

Don’t worry about infection. When was the last time you grazed yourself? That was probably dirtier and grubbier than any derminating session ever.

I use a 9 needle cartridge twice before replacing. I’m about to move to 12 needles this week.

Good luck :)

WMQ likes this.
  3. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How long can you go with one cartridge for the dermapen if you clean it properly after use?

4. kiwi666

kiwi666 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well think about it. People use their rollers and stamps for ages and ages.

If you clean a cartridge regularly before and after you use it my sense is that you could use it until it becomes less effective (as described on the derminator website).

Personally though. I’m just going to stick with 2 sessions per cartridge, 3 if I ever ran out and was having to wait.

Pigeon likes this.
  5. centurie

centurie Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    By returning back to baseline, yes i do mean that im losing that little boost dermarolling gave me.

About how permanent gains are, all i can say is that the new vellus hair it gave me never developed in terminal hairs and eventually did fall out. I do believe that my hair would be in a much worse state now if i didn't begin dermarolling, and generally my scalp feels a lot more healthy. Overall i consider it a good addition to my regime.

@MinervaCGI

6. ToLGuy

ToLGuy Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for your response.
    Guys, this is some bad news. For the first time, we've got an instance of someone losing needling gains. I know that we need more cases so we can assess whether this is a general thing but damn.... Now I'm scared

Longway886 likes this.
  7. hairloss_user

hairloss_user Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well how about that other user who still kept his hair after 5 years of needling.

8. ToLGuy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Who's that?

9. Bill_Russo

Bill_Russo Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Kitedude. Yeah, he said he stopped for some time and his temples were thinning, so he resumed his wounding treatment after trying Somebody's regime, which did nothing for him.

10. Bill_Russo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Also, another case of anecdotal evidence worth mentioning is 2young. He kept his gains for months without wounding because he joined the military or something like that.
    Both of them did it without Minoxidil, for those who don't know.

11. ToLGuy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Billy, do you know what's that guy doing right now? Did he resume needling? I heard he started to lose hair again because he actually stopped it for way too long so he was going to start the regime again

Bill_Russo likes this.
  12. Bill_Russo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Last I heard is he was looking into starting Finasteride on StopAga, I believe it's the name of the forum.

13. Francesco17

Francesco17 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I believe we need more information on both the cases where needling regrowth was kept and those where it was lost: maybe there are factors that we have not considered, or we are not aware of.

In general, I tend to believe that Androgenetic Alopecia works, in some aspects, like cancer, even more, like aging. It cannot be stopped or eliminated or reversed forever (at least for now).

But we can slow it down. Alas, that won't work for everyone equally - but that's what ultimately sucks with alopecias. If every man balded at the same age, give or take a few years, then we would accept it without too much chagrin, as it happens with wrinkles or other more democratic signs of aging.

But for the same reason, any visible regrowth is worthwhile even when it is temporary, because it kicks the can down the road, at a point where it becomes relatively less heartbreaking, and, fingers crossed, more treatable thanks to scientific progress.

furrydome, ToLGuy and Headdy like this.
  14. centurie

centurie Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Again bear in mind i already have a lot of hair to begin with, i believe those with more server hair loss will see better gains than someone like me.

@Somebody has seemed to have kept his needling gains for a number of years and also made an incredible recovery. Probably has already been linked but his hair loss journey is quite impressive and he puts a lot of it down to microneedling.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...inasteride-results-7-mo-treatment-pics.44087/

15. Derelict

Derelict Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think somebody a super good responder to finasteride and minoxidil, he only lightly rolls for more minoxidil to reach the follicles. Wounding like the person on this thread is different. But like i said he was a good responder to finasteride alone if you look at his pics, minoxidil was just the icing on the cake.

dermaroller666 and centurie like this.
  16. ImpedingReceding

ImpedingReceding Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The problem with these long threads are that the information and pictures are spread out over 150 pages so we get a lot of repeat questions. Do you guys think starting a new thread where the initial post contains all progress pictures, shared studies, information on how to roll, different pens etc etc from this thread could ge a good idea?

These are the pictures from the first 50 pages. I´m currently collecting all of them
    https://imgur.com/a/1ozKjDw

17. Derelict

Derelict Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If it works for hair the same way it does for skin then i suspect it has long lasting results, i had very deep visible forehead lines that i got rid of using a manual stamp, after they went away i got lazy and probably didn't stamp again for a year or so and the lines were still not noticeable. I hope this is the same.

Headdy and Francesco17 like this.
  18. Francesco17

Francesco17 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for pointing this out, I believe it makes a difference. I remember your pictures now - take it as a compliment, but I believe you only marginally belong here if at all. But I do agree that acting early is the best move, and I believe that norwood biodiversity is pivotal on hair themed forums

ToLGuy likes this.
  19. Bill_Russo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey, man.
    I think that's a great idea. That way, we can just link the newcomers to that thread.

20. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Doing god's work. Would be even better if you could put a summary what they did beneath every picture.

NilesCrane likes this.