Reaction score
And then looking at the mirror reminds us why we still do lol

h
giphy.gif

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really do fail to see the error on my part here. I suggested making a website and have had dog's abuse in nonsensical English ever since.

All I've done is replied to posts from Frenchy and his friend. I've dedicated hours and hours to this and haven't let a single question go unanswered, at least not intentionally. I get dozens of PMs every day, asking questions that I've already answered but I still answer them.

I'll leave this forum because I do find it odd but there are a lot of good chaps on here. I must say I'm disappointed that you seem to blame me in equal measure for the last few ridiculous hours - I'm pretty sure I'd have told Frenchy to piss off if he'd been on at any of you guys like he has me.

No one is blaming you as far as I can tell. If he's doing your head in man, it's best to just ignore it and carry on.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First off - thanks to @74775446 for sharing your results! I'm not sure how I found this thread though am enthused with not only your results but the results of others (albeit early). I binge-read the entire thread over the weekend and loved the mostly positive vibes... let's all try to keep that up.

I've been using Minoxidil for ~18 of the last 24 months or so. I believe it did help me to maintain what I have, although for whatever reason - I didn't re-order any and went without for the past 6 months or so. Of course I had been shedding since and I was pretty close to buzzing it with the wispy front hairs. I have used Toppik a fair bit over the last few years which psychologically has been great, although with my recent shedding - was looking a very suspect from the front for the first time. Thus I decided to give Finasteride a go and also found this thread a couple weeks after starting. As I have started up finasteride (+ Min again), I will continue down that path though will add needling to the regimen as well. I believe this is my last stand... so am hoping this all sets up the best environment for regrowth barring any finasteride sides.

I've just finished my first session at 1mm (wanted to dip my toe in the water initially) using a Derma Pen I found on Amazon. Yowsa! I would describe it as a very bearable pain... though certainly more sensitivity at the front of the hairline than the crown. I will really need to concentrate on even treatment of the crown - as watching my pen guidance through my phone's front facing cam for re-assurance ... I found that I was missing areas I thought I was hitting otherwise. I'll post some baseline photos with ~3-6 months progress photos should any progress happen.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really do fail to see the error on my part here. I suggested making a website and have had dog's abuse in nonsensical English ever since.

All I've done is replied to posts from Frenchy and his friend. I've dedicated hours and hours to this and haven't let a single question go unanswered, at least not intentionally. I get dozens of PMs every day, asking questions that I've already answered but I still answer them.

I'll leave this forum because I do find it odd but there are a lot of good chaps on here. I must say I'm disappointed that you seem to blame me in equal measure for the last few ridiculous hours - I'm pretty sure I'd have told Frenchy to piss off if he'd been on at any of you guys like he has me.
Dude, let's just wait 5-6 months and then we all will help you with pics and such

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

His English is perfectly fine dude come on.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I just don't want to get dragged down into what I would define a groundless internet feud. This type of situation will happen anywhere you go on the internet, unless you either ignore or block

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First off - thanks to @74775446 for sharing your results! I'm not sure how I found this thread though am enthused with not only your results but the results of others (albeit early). I binge-read the entire thread over the weekend and loved the mostly positive vibes... let's all try to keep that up.

I've been using Minoxidil for ~18 of the last 24 months or so. I believe it did help me to maintain what I have, although for whatever reason - I didn't re-order any and went without for the past 6 months or so. Of course I had been shedding since and I was pretty close to buzzing it with the wispy front hairs. I have used Toppik a fair bit over the last few years which psychologically has been great, although with my recent shedding - was looking a very suspect from the front for the first time. Thus I decided to give Finasteride a go and also found this thread a couple weeks after starting. As I have started up finasteride (+ Min again), I will continue down that path though will add needling to the regimen as well. I believe this is my last stand... so am hoping this all sets up the best environment for regrowth barring any finasteride sides.

I've just finished my first session at 1mm (wanted to dip my toe in the water initially) using a Derma Pen I found on Amazon. Yowsa! I would describe it as a very bearable pain... though certainly more sensitivity at the front of the hairline than the crown. I will really need to concentrate on even treatment of the crown - as watching my pen guidance through my phone's front facing cam for re-assurance ... I found that I was missing areas I thought I was hitting otherwise. I'll post some baseline photos with ~3-6 months progress photos should any progress happen.

Welcome to the club!

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone got a video tutorial for scalp massages? It seems scalp massages goes hand in hand with rolling

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey, man!
What frequency do you have in mind? (Weekly or every 2 weeks?) And do you plan on upping the length?
I hope you see some progress. Best of luck, bud.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, man!
What frequency do you have in mind? (Weekly or every 2 weeks?) And do you plan on upping the length?
I hope you see some progress. Best of luck, bud.

Thanks for the welcome. Initially - I will wait ~2 weeks until the next treatment as I'll be travelling for Christmas fairly soon. I don't plan on shedding any blood at the in-law's place :) After my experience today, I don't see every week to 10 days being too much trouble... though I'll need to see how healing goes.

I definitely plan on upping the length to 1.5mm - it seemed like no big deal on the crown when I tried that briefly at the end, though was a bit much on the front hairline. Baby steps.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also going away for the festive period, and my dermaroller is coming with me. I may struggle to recreate my surgery theatre at my parents', though. And I'm not sure I want to put up with their comments. Both of them have been remarkabky unsympathetic about my advancing alopecia

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also going away for the festive period, and my dermaroller is coming with me. I may struggle to recreate my surgery theatre at my parents', though. And I'm not sure I want to put up with their comments. Both of them have been remarkabky unsympathetic about my advancing alopecia
Damn, man... That's rough.
I won't be able to roll until after Christmas since my stamp will come around January the 3rd, but next year I'll wear a Santa hat to hide it.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 weeks is not bad at all.
I saw some claims that even longer can be better, because it gives the skin time to heal.
I think every 4 weeks can also be beneficiary.
There is also this study from 2016 that people grew hair with several monthly needling.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh that’s true, I do my crown last and it’s harder to do as you can’t really see it so I’m thinking that might be my issue, going to focus on the crown more and I’ll see what happens
I thought something similar. Not only the crown is harder to do, it is also harder for us to spot newly spouted hairs there. Let's face it, as alopecia sufferers, we are damn obsessed at looking carefully at our scalps, trying to look for regrowth. We can do that with the hairline on the mirror, even applying intense light to detect new vellus hairs. However, we cannot do the same for the crown. It is not as carefully observed as the hairline, so there might be some bias nto detect small changes in both areas, even when hypothetically they could be responding at the same rate.

I don't know, that is only my hypothesis. On the other hand, the alternate scenario could be that the crown simply doesn't respond well to wounding in comparison to the hairline because some unknown biological factors. I hope it's not the case. ApparenApp, as Russo said earlier, @Kitedude did recover his crown (no pics sadly), but I'd like to see some additional examples of regrowth in that area, but long term needlers are still very scarce. Perhaps @furrydome can tell us something about it?

Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***.

I microneedled 1.5mm around two hours ago and just added minoxidil to my head. Stinging, maybe should have waited longer.

Am I gunna die guys? lmao I thought the wounds had healed already :eek: