Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***.

I microneedled 1.5mm around two hours ago and just added minoxidil to my head. Stinging, maybe should have waited longer.

Am I gunna die guys? lmao I thought the wounds had healed already :eek:

No, minoxidil is not deadly as far as I know

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***.

I microneedled 1.5mm around two hours ago and just added minoxidil to my head. Stinging, maybe should have waited longer.

Yea it stings just long enough to think "This pain has no ceiling what if it don't stop" then it stops lol. Im 300lbs + did a work out after didn't die.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***.

Well personally I would rather wait 24 hours after session to apply it. I dont think you will lose any gains for a 24hrs break of minoxidil... even a 36 hours break....

If you let minoxidil on your wounds, it's obviously going systemic in very small doses, that could give you very slight sides if you are sensitive to it, but u should be fine............ I would wait 24 hours

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I have no sides.. I'm mostly scared of infection though... since the dropper you used was unwashed

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 weeks is not bad at all.
I saw some claims that even longer can be better, because it gives the skin time to heal.
I think every 4 weeks can also be beneficiary.
There is also this study from 2016 that people grew hair with several monthly needling.
I did not see this! Interesting... I didn't know there was another study.
This one was small, but the more proof and examples we get, the better.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I certainly wouldn't be remotely worried if I'd done what you've done.

yeah LOL I'm kind of hypochondriac about this shtuff though ya know lol

I hadn't ever dermarolled with 1.5mm so I guess I underestimated how long it would take for the wounds to heal.

Also I've never applied minoxidil so soon, usually I skip a day or dermaroll once a week in the morning and then apply minoxidil at night

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im a ghost reader .......Couple things id like to add to this thread people keep referring to dermorolling and wounding.

I feel rollers are hard to be accurate or consistent with due to pain and speed i feel mechanized needling lets you skip the psychological barrier of pushing the needles in. In the first study someone else did the needling and in the second mechanized study too the subjects just had to endure and i imagine zone out surly this would up efficiency in both methods.

The term wounding seems off to me Disruption does seem better as i was under impression we are trying to trick a response from the body into thinking its more hurt than it is.

Also some one posted a tressless before after many pages back of a shaved head man in the before he had a stubborn forelock with blue haze around it in the scalp tissue and in the after the blue haze had spread to the strongest regrowth areas. What is that hair under skin or a sort of revascularization?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah LOL I'm kind of hypochondriac about this shtuff though ya know lol

I hadn't ever dermarolled with 1.5mm so I guess I underestimated how long it would take for the wounds to heal.

Also I've never applied minoxidil so soon, usually I skip a day or dermaroll once a week in the morning and then apply minoxidil at night
Many needling guides and articles say that you must wait 24 hours before applying minoxidil because it goes systemic.
So there is room for concern. I don't use minoxidil but if I did I wouldn't do it... Some people do however.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many needling guides and articles say that you must wait 24 hours before applying minoxidil because it goes systemic.
So there is room for concern. I don't use minoxidil but if I did I wouldn't do it... Some people do however.
Don't people take oral doses of min surly that would be stronger than a systemic dose?

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***.

Been dermarolling and applying minoxidil for a year now and no you’re not going to die. I used to enjoy that stinging feeling, it would make me feel like I’ve achieved a good session of wounding.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im a ghost reader .......Couple things id like to add to this thread people keep referring to dermorolling and wounding.

I feel rollers are hard to be accurate or consistent with due to pain and speed i feel mechanized needling lets you skip the psychological barrier of pushing the needles in. In the first study someone else did the needling and in the second mechanized study too the subjects just had to endure and i imagine zone out surly this would up efficiency in both methods.

The term wounding seems off to me Disruption does seem better as i was under impression we are trying to trick a response from the body into thinking its more hurt than it is.

Also some one posted a tressless before after many pages back of a shaved head man in the before he had a stubborn forelock with blue haze around it in the scalp tissue and in the after the blue haze had spread to the strongest regrowth areas. What is that hair under skin or a sort of revascularization?

I agree with this 100%

A pen will give you better results

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been dermarolling and applying minoxidil for a year now and no you’re not going to die. I used to enjoy that stinging feeling, it would make me feel like I’ve achieved a good session of wounding.
Have you gotten any results from the dermarolling?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another long term needler? Wow. Dude, please, tell us your results! You got results? Also, did you start finas and minoxidil at the same time? How bad was your hair before starting?

surrattdaddy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been reading this forum for a while and I really appreciate everyone being so open and helpful with each other. I would like to ask a few questions and get some solid binary answers. Mostly of MinervaCGI, Somebody, and Frenchy, anyone else can comment as well, but I think we should pin my comment so people have a clear idea of the regimen that is effective.

What I would love to have is clear short answers that would be helpful for all and let's try to stick to the format I have below for easy reading. Just Bold and Underline the thing you think is best in each category and leave comments if you l like. We will get a consensus about what works most effectively. This would also put to rest a lot of my questions about what to use, for how long, and to make a budget around this treatment. Thank you!

Tool: Dermapen (best value) vs Derminator (more expensive - possibly best tool) vs Dermaroller (cheapest, painful, user error )
Use: Once a week vs every 2-3 days
Length of Needles: 1.5mm vs 2mm
Method:
  • (Dermapen) Staying in one spot for how many seconds?
  • (Dermaroller) Roll till Minor redness vs small blood spots?
Number of needles:
  • Dermapen&Derminator 12 vs 36
  • Dermaroller 192 vs 520
Application of Minoxidil: Right after vs wait 24hrs
Needle replacement:
  • Dermapen&Derminator: Everytime vs Every 3 times
  • Dermaroller: 2 months vs Until dull
Numbing cream: Lidocaine 5% vs over the counter stuff
Essential Oils: Rosemary vs peppermint
Average cost per month:
  • Dermapen $________
  • Derminator $_______
  • Dermaroller $______

Other questions:
  1. Did you experience shedding at first with Minoxidil and Dermarolling?
  2. What is Somebody's regimen?
  3. What has been the hardest thing about Dermarolling for you?
  4. How do you say consistent?
Thank you again Guys! I think this will be very beneficial for all of us to see this information in one posting. I know it definitely will be for me. Let's get our hair back!

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone else doing this a bonafide baldy like our hero from the photos?

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep can see myself doing this for the rest of my life, even if it becomes every month or 2 that I needle.. no way I’m giving up now
The itch is all over the scalp. I needle all of my scalp (except the bald immune back and sides) despite the fact that my less dense areas are very localized. It's not that bad, it's tolerable, but a bit annoying
Any idea if this is a good sign?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not sure if I saw that, do you have a link?

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
long term needlers are still very scarce. Perhaps @furrydome can tell us something about it?

My anecdote might not be too useful, but take it for what it is. I needled for 2 years but was on antiandrogens (finasteride + alternating between RU and Daro). Speed of the regrowth varied a lot with the strength of the topical.

Stopped needling over the summer (both laziness and just become comfortable with the hairline), but regrowth is actually still slowly continuing. I have to assume that the topical is the reason, and that it'll eventually slow down. FWIW lowering the topical dose even slightly causes shedding within days.

Maybe the takeaway is that topical AR antagonists can speed up regrowth, but you really become dependent on them.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My anecdote might not be too useful, but take it for what it is. I needled for 2 years but was on antiandrogens (finasteride + alternating between RU and Daro). Speed of the regrowth varied a lot with the strength of the topical.

Stopped needling over the summer (both laziness and just become comfortable with the hairline), but regrowth is actually still slowly continuing. I have to assume that the topical is the reason, and that it'll eventually slow down. FWIW lowering the topical dose even slightly causes shedding within days.

Maybe the takeaway is that topical AR antagonists can speed up regrowth, but you really become dependent on them.

Bro just do it once a month. You can still reap the benefits. Maybe with 2.0mm and give it a proper go.