Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I like about essential oils... Their scent transports me to an idealised and cinematic retro colonial setting, the kind of thing show in the Golden Brown video by The Stranglers, if you are familiar with that. The dull minoxidil dispenser, at best, makes me think of hair spray or mousse, Margaret Thatcher's hairlstyles, CFC, hozon hole, 1980s and their blind hedonism. Plus, they have no side effects and are cheap. Essential oils beat minoxidil hands down despite lower efficacy (based on the one study I scrutinised)

I use rosemary and peppermint essential oil .......and for my carrier oil, i use olive+pumpkin seed oil and leave it for the night. wake up, take a shower to rinse my scalp. I like it.

but my only worry is

My scalp almost completely absorbs the solution when i wake up in the morning. I assume the solution is obviously in my system and is probably evacutated by my urine or excrements. Im wondering if everyday use and absorption can cause strain/damage to my organs such as liver and kidneys or even brain? Im actually concerned

Severen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got a knot on my head. I'll have to try to avoid that. Has anyone here had any experience with that? A few people in my family have knots on their heads (the others I know of are women, though).

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't it take forever to cover your whole head with that thing?
Yeah, probably. Fair point. Since I'm currently only using a derma roller on my frontal scalp region, I could imagine swapping it for a stamp. Whole head is another story though.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use rosemary and peppermint essential oil .......and for my carrier oil, i use olive+pumpkin seed oil and leave it for the night. wake up, take a shower to rinse my scalp. I like it.

but my only worry is

My scalp almost completely absorbs the solution when i wake up in the morning. I assume the solution is obviously in my system and is probably evacutated by my urine or excrements. Im wondering if everyday use and absorption can cause strain/damage to my organs such as liver and kidneys or even brain? Im actually concerned

Never thought about that actually. It's a good question. I start by applying coconut and castor oil. Then I'll add a few drops of lavendel, peppermint and rosemary. Do they need to be mixed with water or something?

keephoping

Reaction score
So I'm still only one session in because life got in the way. Do you think it would hinder results a lot if I needle every 10 days or at most 2 weeks between sessions?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm still only one session in because life got in the way. Do you think it would hinder results a lot if I needle every 10 days or at most 2 weeks between sessions?
Is the length 1.5 mm?
If so, can't tell for sure. The Indian study showed results by doing it once a week.
If the length is 2 mm that's actually the optimal frequency.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would go for every 2 weeks.
Easier in the long term and also gives enough time for the skin to heal.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I re-read the indian study paper... I actually couldn't find the bit where it says the frequency was weekly?

I personally don't think that 5 or 10 days would make a crucial difference, however. The key point is that the scalp gets microwounded at intervals long enough to let it recover inbetween.
In the conclusion the researchers say that frequency and needle length could be improved if further studies are conducted

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So an update about 6 weeks in, first picture I’ve ever posted here because this is the first time I’ve ever seen substantial results from any treatment - and believe me I’ve tried almost everything. Hairline coming in slow, hopefully the crown responds soon too

Attachments

• 968DF854-3B00-4A35-AD14-A45F7A25C4FA.jpeg
    968DF854-3B00-4A35-AD14-A45F7A25C4FA.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 871

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the hairline responds, then hopefully the crown should follow. Some studies indicate that crown balding is slightly different - apparently linked with latent circulation disorders. But boosting your hairline is already a massive result by itself.

Thanks for the great news anyway - I like how the joy for a fellow baldness sufferer's results mingles with the hope for our own possible ones.

This condition reminds that all humans are, in the end, like hairs standing on the same scalp

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or maybe we aren't? Totally different vibes from the Brotzu thread, which is, mysteriously, still going strong. People are still repeating the same things now as they were before the thing was released

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So an update about 6 weeks in, first picture I’ve ever posted here because this is the first time I’ve ever seen substantial results from any treatment - and believe me I’ve tried almost everything. Hairline coming in slow, hopefully the crown responds soon too
Way to go :)
Can you please remind us the frequency/length/device/minoxidil yes or no?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome results for just 6 weeks. You are a freaky responder. Although there is no before pic, I can see. And assume that all those hairs are recently grown ones. Im also in my 6th week, but I still don't see any noticeable results (too early for an average responder). I envy you in the good way, bro.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, how bad is your crown? Has it responden a little at this time? It's curious to see the hairline responding sooner than the crown, considering that crown supposedly responds more easily than the hairline in traditional treatments (finasteride and minoxidil).
I'm interested In this because my hairline is pretty decent right now (even before needling), but my crown is the area I want to restore the most.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I gotta say your hair looks pretty decent anyway, but good to see that it’s doing something for you; if it works for you it shouldn’t take too long to get you to where you want to be. Fingers crossed.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never thought about that actually. It's a good question. I start by applying coconut and castor oil. Then I'll add a few drops of lavendel, peppermint and rosemary. Do they need to be mixed with water or something?

Dont use water. I mix 75ml pumpkin seed oil + 75ml half oilve oil, thats a total of 150 ml of carrier oil (my bottle is 150 ml)........ I add 10 drops of peppermint essential oil and 10 drops of rosemary essential oil. The essential oils are the strong stuff, you only need a good carrier oil and a couple drops of essential oil. the solution shouldnt be more than 2% essential oils imo.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr pen 2mm, weekly, using minoxidil.
I had previously used minoxidil for a year with no results. So I quit. Restarted it when I started needling.
Can you post any before pic? Or you don't have any? Anyway I think that there is some solid results for just 6 weeks! Way to go buddy!