Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I re-read the indian study paper... I actually couldn't find the bit where it says the frequency was weekly?

Materials and Methods:
Hundred cases of mild to moderate (III vertex or IV) androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) were recruited into 2 groups. After randomization one group was offered weekly microneedling treatment with twice daily 5% minoxidil lotion (Microneedling group); other group was given only 5% minoxidil lotion.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So an update about 6 weeks in, first picture I’ve ever posted here because this is the first time I’ve ever seen substantial results from any treatment - and believe me I’ve tried almost everything. Hairline coming in slow, hopefully the crown responds soon too
What a time to be alive...

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr pen 2mm, weekly, using minoxidil.
I had previously used minoxidil for a year with no results. So I quit. Restarted it when I started needling.
I might have to bump up to 1.75mm *gulp*...

Experience any shedding?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
really crap pic, but this is me just after dermastamping on the lowest speed with wet hair, which is not good at all, lowest speed doesn't seem to wound as effectively, going to need to buy a new pen and hope it doesn't break again,looks like have missed a few spots aswell lol. https://imgur.com/SgmFtGo

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So an update about 6 weeks in, first picture I’ve ever posted here because this is the first time I’ve ever seen substantial results from any treatment - and believe me I’ve tried almost everything. Hairline coming in slow, hopefully the crown responds soon too
Don't mean to be that guy but there isn't a before picture. I have hairs like this that were there before I started stamping. It's just an area where hair is less dense that is thinning out. Could also show that the hair is growing back of course, just depends what that area was like before.

1 picture means absolutely nothing without anything to compare it to. I look forward to seeing your progress in coming months though given that that's your first picture.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to say this to all the people trying this. You have got to think long term guys.
It sounds so obvious, but this is why people fail to commit to something 99% of the time.
People trying to get fit, for example. They wanna do too much too fast, so they go balls to the wall for like a month and then stop because they can't keep up with the excessive training volume they chose due to inexperience. But if you choose a program with a progressive overload, 3-4 times a week with a day of rest in between; you'll have short term goals that'll help you stay motivated without tiring yourself to sh*t too early.

This is why I'm choosing the Chinese study method, since it's the first time I'm actively doing something. Wanna start with minimal equipment, instead of a hundred oils + needling once a week + daily massages. Longer length but less frequency. Gives room to be more consistent and even if I have to spend an hour being thorough, it's still just 2 hours a month. Not a huge commitment by all means.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is exactly like my own hair regrowth when I've tried this multiple times in the past. This is how it starts.
It's how regrowth starts, it's also how hair loss starts. My hair is also like that. Wispy hairs around the hairline. Because we don't have a before picture we can't tell if it's thin hair that's coming in from regrowth, or thin hair because it's falling out in that area.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's how regrowth starts, it's also how hair loss starts. My hair is also like that. Wispy hairs around the hairline. Because we don't have a before picture we can't tell if it's thin hair that's coming in from regrowth, or thin hair because it's falling out in that area.
Unfortunately I don’t have a before picture, but all of those thin brown hairs were tiny vellus hairs before.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry I took a before picture and if I'm able to keep tolerating the pain then I won't mind sharing my pictures. I learned a new technique in the last few months to deal with the pain. I got the idea during working out. I was working my triceps and really enjoying the pain and taking it to failure. I though that sort of philosophy could really help with manipulating physiological outcomes that come with dermarolliing i.e. enjoy the pain.
I agree man. I actually look forward to doing it once a week. It hurts but if you just give yourself breaks rather than going at it straight for 20+ minutes it's no problem. Look forward to seeing the pictures. ;) Can't wait to show you mine too. ;) ;)

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You have tons of hair going strong but without baseline pic its impossible for us to know for sure man.

Even if you post a pic from a different angle and distance the change will be noticeable if all the little black hairs werent there.

Last edited:

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it's always about faith with pictures. Even when you see a before/after picture, there's no certainty that the order is not reversed. I am doing microwounding mainly based on the indian study. Anecdotal evidence is a welcome plus, because I don't see why so many people would lie without a clear advantagr for them. Unless we want to suspect that wounding device manufacturers cartelled together, and are paying people to popularise the technique on forums anonymously.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it's always about faith with pictures. Even when you see a before/after picture, there's no certainty that the order is not reversed. I am doing microwounding mainly based on the indian study. Anecdotal evidence is a welcome plus, because I don't see why so many people would lie without a clear advantagr for them. Unless we want to suspect that wounding device manufacturers cartelled together, and are paying people to popularise the technique on forums anonymously.
If people really flat out lie, for no benefit to them, they probably have other problems they should take care of. I don't think many people lie about their results.

Then there's people who think they have results when they don't. People saying they have regrowth without before and after pictures is about as credible as spooky ghost stories.

I believe that people think they see results. No reason to ever doubt someone's thought. A thought is always real. But just because they think they see something, it doesn't make it true.

Only way to show results is through before and after pictures!

Oh, but I have seen a few threads where people post before and after pictures, and the only difference in the after picture is longer hair. Funny thing is a lot of people on those threads think it's regrowth too...

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If people really flat out lie, for no benefit to them, they probably have other problems they should take care of. I don't think many people lie about their results.

Then there's people who think they have results when they don't. People saying they have regrowth without before and after pictures is about as credible as spooky ghost stories.

I believe that people think they see results. No reason to ever doubt someone's thought. A thought is always real. But just because they think they see something, it doesn't make it true.

Only way to show results is through before and after pictures!

Oh, but I have seen a few threads where people post before and after pictures, and the only difference in the after picture is longer hair. Funny thing is a lot of people on those threads think it's regrowth too...
I concur. I recently started rosemarying my scalp, and haven't cut my hair since. Some days it feels I got some very slight regrowth, some others it seems I got very slight loss. If real growth occurs, it will become evident at some point

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll take my after picture exactly 4 days after getting a haircut, same angle, unwashed hair and under the same intense artificial lighting for this very reason. No room to lie to myself or anyone.
Might take one with wet hair, too.
It's also why I choose not to take a pic until after a year has passed. If I obsess over it, it won't benefit me. I'll notice substancial change whenever it happens. Till then, no use looking for it every month.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, pictures are important to track progress.

After 8 sessions I do think my hair has improved. I am a diffuse thinner, and when I used to look at the top of my head in the mirror there used to be an area on the back and left side that was quite see through. That area has darkened up a bit for sure. The middle needs to improve more though. Hair is still thin, but still early.

Hoping for the best for all of us.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You will, trust me. Photos are unreliable. I just microneedled my scalp and took some pictures. I was like "oh there are new hair". My ***, nothing new ! Then I took a video (same light, etc.). I compared it with my first video and saw that nothing changed. You just have to move slowly with your camera and do it everyweek. You will be able to isolate the same angle on your smartphone or PC and take a photo out of it.
Great idea! Will do that, too.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A question for those who have the A6-Ultima from Dr-Pen and the others. I never have any blood spot, even at 2mm. It's as if it was doing nothing. My head is red (more pink than red in fact). It doesn't look too bad. And in fact, it's as if the needles didn't go through the skin. What are your feeling about this? Is it the same with the other pen ? I did it on my hand and I can clearly see 12 red spots, but I'm not too sure.

Do you do it quickly? I think you need to give it at least 10-20 minutes if you haven't. But redness is fine.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question for those who don't use minoxidil,
What is the essential oil mixes you use and in what ratio?
Do you apply is before and/or after needling?
Do you use this mix just when doing the treatment or every day?
Anyone just needling without even oils?

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do it 30 minutes at full speed. Hair full of water (the pain is far less important with water). I start with 1.5mm (it's when you start that it's painful, so I advice anyone to start with 1mm for instance... After 2 minutes, it gets relaxing and you can go deeper). Then I do it again with 2mm lenght at full speed. It's hard to know where it was done and where it was not... So I use a backmirror and when I see a white spot with no redness I go there.
I have derminator and I only bleed a bit on temples. Maybe a drop of blood total.