Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Go_faster_Sonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
i was thinking about dermastamp instead of the dermaroller cause i have long, curly hair... i'd prefer the classical dermaroller used in the studies, but i don't want my hair to get ripped off by the needles... don't know...

Go_faster_Sonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought mine from eBay yeah. There are some UK sellers (I also live in the UK) so I didn't have to get it from China.

The adjustable version goes anywhere from 0-3mm. There's also non-adjustable models that are sold from 0.2-3mm.

My first adjustable one did break after 3 uses because the swivel at the top got stuck. Now I just use a non-adjustable 1.5mm but I do have another adjustable one I used a few times that hasn't broke.

Don't really think I see results yet, tomorrow will be 1 month since I started derma stamping so I will be taking pictures then.
got any result?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought mine from eBay yeah. There are some UK sellers (I also live in the UK) so I didn't have to get it from China.

The adjustable version goes anywhere from 0-3mm. There's also non-adjustable models that are sold from 0.2-3mm.

My first adjustable one did break after 3 uses because the swivel at the top got stuck. Now I just use a non-adjustable 1.5mm but I do have another adjustable one I used a few times that hasn't broke.

Don't really think I see results yet, tomorrow will be 1 month since I started derma stamping so I will be taking pictures then.
Thanks, man. I might be trying that one. I'm so f*****g broke right now, even buying cartridges might be a problem... sh*t sucks. This might give me some room to save for a Derminator while needling.
Good luck, bud!

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@J0ker
So would you recommend the adjustable or the non-adjustable one?
Can you provide a link to the one you're using which is decent?

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i was thinking about dermastamp instead of the dermaroller cause i have long, curly hair... i'd prefer the classical dermaroller used in the studies, but i don't want my hair to get ripped off by the needles... don't know...
No reason not to use a derma stamp/pen instead of a roller in my opinion. I'd say rollers are easier and quicker to use but people say the "tearing" that rolling causes isn't good. I feel like I get adequate coverage with that 140 needle stamp, but it does take me a while, maybe 30+ minutes cause I like to do it thoroughly.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@J0ker
So would you recommend the adjustable or the non-adjustable one?
Can you provide a link to the one you're using which is decent?

If you know what length you want then no need to get the adjustable one really. I've used both on my scalp and they both seemed fine.

I think if you're just starting out then maybe get the adjustable one so you can test different lengths. The first session I used 1mm just to test then next session I used 1.5.

Literally just type "DRS Derma Stamp" into eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0.Xdrs+der.TRS1&_nkw=drs+derma+stamp&_sacat=0

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you know what length you want then no need to get the adjustable one really. I've used both on my scalp and they both seemed fine.

I think if you're just starting out then maybe get the adjustable one so you can test different lengths. The first session I used 1mm just to test then next session I used 1.5.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0.Xdrs+der.TRS1&_nkw=drs+derma+stamp&_sacat=0

Got it. Thanks.
It's pretty cheap so I'll probably get the 1mm and 1.5mm.
Will try to treat other things as well while at it :)

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sweet. Didn't notice that. Thanks a bunch!
Perhaps that's the best option and not that much more expensive. 8 euros vs 15.
That one seems to have 12 needles. The reason I recommend the one with 140 needles is because it has 140 needles. You're gonna be there for a while using a 12 needle manual derma stamp for your whole scalp lol. There's a couple floating around that have 80 needles if you'd want the needles to be more spread out. Some people think 192 needle rollers are better than 520 needle rollers for that reason.

FOLLICLOLZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only 'pen is better than roller' documents I've seen is marketing material... from the companies selling pens.

All of the actual real studies I've seen have used rollers with success.

Go_faster_Sonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have another concern for the material. are the needles 100% stainless steel? you can have allergic reactions to nickel, for example...

Go_faster_Sonic

My Regimen
Reaction score

how long does it last? i mean, the needles wear out, right? Uh, and i read that the optimal height:width ratio in a needle should be 13:1

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how long does it last? i mean, the needles wear out, right? Uh, and i read that the optimal height:width ratio in a needle should be 13:1

I'm not sure man. But I'd say these should last at least a few months without a doubt. If I'm being honest I don't see why it wont last for upwards of half a year if you're using it once every week/2 weeks. I've used the same one for 1 month and it feels the same as it did the first time I used it.

Not sure about the ratio thing but this feels like it's doing a good job. Just take your time and press it down properly. I've seen some videos on youtube like this one where they dab it over the head quickly and I'm not sure that's gonna do much. Last session was the first time I had small blood dots, I pressed a bit harder. The blood didn't run or anything, just small dots that I rinsed off later that day.

I'm still new to this, but my experience with stamping has been pleasant. It's the only thing that hasn't given me problems so far! I'd recommend it over a roller, but maybe not a pen. I think these 140, 80 needle stamps are fairly new so maybe that's why I haven't seen anyone else who uses them. Really not sure if I'm gonna get results doing this with just Ket 2% and massages, but I look forward to doing it so it's just something I do now, results or not.

Also I'd guess these will last the same amount of time as a derma roller, which I had heard should be replaced every few months.

Don't wanna hijack this thread to be about manual derma stamps so if you wanna talk about it more you can PM me. :)

Last edited:

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t recommend dermaroller after my personal experience: it’s very painful and you might unconsciously make less pressure so it hurts less, or you might (without realizing) finish or skip small areas very quickly so the pain ends. BUT it’s also very cheap, and some people have higher pain tolerance, so it’s an option for those and there are many examples on this forum, so giving it a try is worth it IMHO.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyone here who have used a dermastamp and have switched to a pen or derminator? I did my first run with a stamp today but didn’t feel that it penetrated deep enough. Is the derminator worth the money? Or is a pen more worth the money?

Me. The dermastamp was too laborious to use. Call me lazy but I just hated it.

My partner derminates was my head for me and it takes about 5-7 minutes max. I love it. Even though it hurts.

With the stamp the problem is you’ll never be able to apply the same pressure consistently over your whole head.

It depends if you like easy.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score